The Falkirk FC Thread

Isn't Neilson away? I thought he was the "1" coach that was leaving.

I'm sure Crawford is pals with Holt from his Scotland days and is still under contract for next season.

I thought he was signed up as a player?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Murdo is a good tackler and always gives his all but his passing is atrotcious if he works on his passing he could be an exceptional centre mid. I think durojaiye was signed to replace murdo, depending on what formation holt plays but surely we will get a decent amount of compensation if hes away down south. We have lost 7 players if murdoch goes so hopefully holts lallowed to bring in another 6. Id like to see two strikers an experienced centre back a goalie(hopefully mcgovern) a winger and another centre mid. Id like to see us line up like this:

Mcgovern

Duffie vaulks *new* kingsley

Duro

Alston *new* grant

*new* taylor

Sibbs

Mcgeever

New winger

New striker

Bowman

Possibilities at cb - fraser wright- a thug at the back with experience

Callum morris -handled taylor really well and dunfermline will be looking to cut ages if they survive

Craig reid- not seen much of him at morton but he always impressed me when playing for QOS

Possibilities at cm

Falkingham- same as morris

Husband- "

Ryan thompson- "

Hughes- just released from aberdeen but might be to expensive for us

Possibilties for a winger

Wallace- same as morris

Carey- might be out of our price range

Riley- impressed in the first division

Conroy- looks good on the ball and can deliver a cross

Possiblities for a striker

Doris- never seen him play but is highly rated and can't be too bad if birmingham were rumored to be interested in him

Mcallister- although maybe we cant compete wages wise with peterhead

Boulding- tore us apart at westfield last season

Gordon smith- scored 11 goals in a p*ss poor stirling team

:lol: There's no chance of that

What's the new ground like? Despite Brockville being a dump I loved it. Is the new ground just another soulless barn like Hamilton and Livingston?

It can be, I've seen it bouncing at times as well though.

It can be, I've seen it bouncing at times as well though.

It's a shame. Scottish football has been its own downfall. Getting rid of the cracking terraced grounds for all seater legolands. Still looking forward to having a "local derby" with Falkirk next season. I'll never forget that game Ross Hamilton (aye that useless c**t) ran the whole pitch and scored a screamer then big Frank Conway rose like a salmon to header in a corner and score the winner. In all honestly I don't mind Falkirk, it's just a Shane Brockville is gone. I'm glad that Dundee are in the league this year as it means I can shout some abuse at that useless tube John "deeds" Broon.

It's a shame. Scottish football has been its own downfall. Getting rid of the cracking terraced grounds for all seater legolands. Still looking forward to having a "local derby" with Falkirk next season. I'll never forget that game Ross Hamilton (aye that useless c**t) ran the whole pitch and scored a screamer then big Frank Conway rose like a salmon to header in a corner and score the winner. In all honestly I don't mind Falkirk, it's just a Shane Brockville is gone. I'm glad that Dundee are in the league this year as it means I can shout some abuse at that useless tube John "deeds" Broon.

Shane Brockville, can't remember him?

What's the new ground like? Despite Brockville being a dump I loved it. Is the new ground just another soulless barn like Hamilton and Livingston?

No. We have more than 8 fans. Also, our seats aren't faded.

As for the squad, I'd say we still need a central defender, central midfielder (if Murdo goes, which looks likely) and a striker. Would be great news if McGovern signed.

I would definitely take Callum Morris, Josh Falkingham (despite being a fanny) and Rory Boulding. I doubt we'll go for them though, hopefully Holt can use his contacts at Norwich to bring in some tasty (loan) signings.

The squad as it stands is near enough complete. If McGovern signs a new deal I'd expect another two signings at the most unless someone goes.

Aye, McGovern, a CM and a striker.