The Falkirk FC Thread

That has to be debateable. If you look at the model of Inverness, that's nothing like Falkirk's direction.

I don't see how Falkirk's current model can ever gain the success ICT have had.

Rome wasnt built in a day my friend. so they fucked up before. they are at least trying to put that right even if i dont always agree with their methods . i havent heard of the massive interest in buying our club, fan ownership scares me after reading some peoples ideas online. so short of ritchie getting a time machine and unfucking up 2005-2008 youre answer is what??

That has to be debateable. If you look at the model of Inverness, that's nothing like Falkirk's direction.

I don't see how Falkirk's current model can ever gain the success ICT have had.

Take nothing away from Inverness, their model has a lot to do with timing. No Rangers, poorer Celtic team along with Hearts,Hibs, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen being poorer than when we were in the Spl.

Going by your budget = position in football, the five mentioned Spl clubs should've been top 6 last season at split....

The Inverness model is what exactly....?

What I see is, a team made up from frees from England, majority of them have performed well enough and have went back as free transfers. Its not exactly a model that can be transfered about, you have to have a lot of luck in getting players whom have generally failed down south and getting them perform to a high standard....or is it that the standard is poor in the spl and they were above that standard in anycase,just we made them look good

During this period, Inverness reaching heights that has never been seen before in that area of Scotland, still has them with lower than average crowds with Butcher pleading them to come out.

Scottish football is fuked, Celtic selling around £20M in summer and spending around £4M, the rest have spent around a weeks wages of a top 4 English premiership players wages between the lot of them..

Our model was based on Spl income and youth development, its now been trimmed to suit 1st div income with a pitch that will generate money. I can see many Scottish teams living this model other than the lucky model Inverness have

Edited by MrDust

After years on OneF I have come here instead. I won;t rant, but in the last couple of years it's become diabolically bad.

Nice to see folk here posting about the football for a change.

Agree 100%.

The football became a distant 3rd to fighting wi Geo and slagging the club off for anything.

Far too tiring for me

Take nothing away from Inverness, their model has a lot to do with timing. No Rangers, poorer Celtic team along with Hearts,Hibs, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen being poorer than when we were in the Spl.

Going by your budget = position in football, the five mentioned Spl clubs should've been top 6 last season at split....

What I see is, a team made up from frees from England, majority of them have performed well enough and have went back as free transfers. Its not exactly a model that can be transfered about, you have to have a lot of luck in getting players whom have generally failed down south and getting them perform to a high standard....or is it that the standard is poor in the spl and they were above that standard in anycase,just we made them look good

During this period, Inverness reaching heights that has never been seen before in that area of Scotland, still has them with lower than average crowds with Butcher pleading them to come out.

Scottish football is fuked, Celtic selling around £20M in summer and spending around £4M, the rest have spent around a weeks wages of a top 4 English premiership players wages between the lot of them..

Our model was based on Spl income and youth development, its now been trimmed to suit 1st div income with a pitch that will generate money. I can see many Scottish teams living this model other than the lucky model Inverness have

The Inverness model is thank f**k Butcher didn't leave when they tried to force him out 4 years ago.

Once Terry heads south, Inverness will too

The Inverness model is thank f**k Butcher didn't leave when they tried to force him out 4 years ago.

Once Terry heads south, Inverness will too

Scotlands the only place he has had success as a manager......Coventry,Sunderland and Brentford fans sweat when his name is mentioned, His Oz affair was short lived too.

Scotland does seem to be his level or niche, but as every club knows at any level, its hard to replace a successful manager with someone capable of even coming close to previous never mind better

Makes me think that Scotland is a breeding ground where managers learn their trade before moving in. Butcher moved on too fast and in to clubs far too big for him. Contrast with, say, Paul Lambert who was a bit of a failure at Livvy. He learned and then moved on.

Then again, some managers just suit some levels. When JJ was with us I thought he could go on to another club and win titles; but no, Falkirk were just about his level. Yogi, too - though I still think he could do a good job somewhere.

Yogi hasn't done a bad job at any club he's been at.

Goalkeeping spotting apart, he hasnt been poor, tho perhaps the demise end of Hibs but he isnt alone there with so many Hibs managers

Very unlucky I thot to lose job at Hartlepool, they just got their first win and goals recently too.....

After years on OneF I have come here instead. I won;t rant, but in the last couple of years it's become diabolically bad.

Nice to see folk here posting about the football for a change.

wow hold on a minuit mate, wheres all youre doom and gloom and promises that youl never be back at a falkirk game till xyz? youre not a real fan unless you think the club can do nothing right!!

Yogi hasn't done a bad job at any club he's been at.

His Hibs reign was mixed, and latterly dreadful.

He did very well with us, no doubt, but I've never really forgiven him for whoring himself around in his last season when the team was struggling.

Care to rethink this on the back of last nights nightmare? We don't even develop our own players anymore. We have sub contracted that to the SFA. Our model is not working and never will. You have to get 3-5 sorted on a Saturday. If you do that everything else will fall into place. Forget ICT. Look at St.Johnstone, St.Mirren, Motherwell, Ross County. All clubs no bigger than us yet miles ahead in terms of structure, ambition and direction.

Care to rethink this on the back of last nights nightmare? We don't even develop our own players anymore. We have sub contracted that to the SFA. Our model is not working and never will. You have to get 3-5 sorted on a Saturday. If you do that everything else will fall into place. Forget ICT. Look at St.Johnstone, St.Mirren, Motherwell, Ross County. All clubs no bigger than us yet miles ahead in terms of structure, ambition and direction.

re-think what ?

Our trimmed down youth model still favours ourselves as far as I am aware. We have more players in the pool and if and when it comes down to signing these players, Im sure these players would sign for us, as we give youth a chance and play at the highest level within the teams that have joined the SFA youth set up we are involved in.

Yes last night was a disaster and showed up our current youth players v Aberdeens youth, obviously Aberdeen have a superior youth set up. I still blame Holt for last nite, the formation was never going to favour us and only resulted in us getting our arse felt

I totally agree with the comments regarding our formation last night but Holt can't take all the blame. It's still up to the players to carry instructions out and the show the commitment, know-how etc.

I felt sorry for Duffie and Kingsley last night as they were exposed to two men nye on every time. A thought after a short spell in 1st half when it wasn't going for us, Holt could have shored us up in order to try gain a foothold.

Credit to McGrandles last night the boy never gave in and kept trying to play but we had a severe lack of experience in midfield. A broken record?

I feel very sorry for McGrandles. Every time I've seen him he's composed, has great footwork and works hard. Some of the stuff you read about him seems very unfair. I thought he was just about the only guy last night with pass marks.

Jay Fulton would be everyone's favourite if he didn't hide his hands up his sleeves.

Phil Rob(in bast)erts had a shocker. I can accept strikers looking poor due to lack of service. I can't excuse moaning twats looking to whinge at every turn.

It would appear Roberts' brother is a chip off the family block. Someone purporting to be him put this on the Club Facebook page -

Kaine Gaspard I just need you all to simply shut up. Philip Roberts is my big brother and any if you had half a clue about football you'd have seen that the whole team played poorly. The way Falkirk have been playing recently is defenders get the ball smash it up to the strikers and expect them to deal with it. Your support as fans is poor... Do you really believe Phil is trying to ruin your club? We're Falkirk ever even very good in the first place? Was Phil a rubbish or unworthy of Falkirk when he scored a hatrick the other week? Didn't think so. As supporters why not actually support our players.. Maybe your all just deeply racist lol in that case you don't deserve a player like him.. I hope you can show him some encouragement and respect for the goals he's scored. You have not seen him at his best yet believe me.