The Falkirk FC Thread

Fucking hell, how long has that shite been there?

I'm in the main stand and had no idea it was there.

Literally years. I think Gordon Brown was still the Prime Minister at the time, they were trying to make a point.

I've often wondered why you aren't allowed to make political gestures inside a stadium, but you can buy ad space.

Literally years. I think Gordon Brown was still the Prime Minister at the time, they were trying to make a point.

I've often wondered why you aren't allowed to make political gestures inside a stadium, but you can buy ad space.

I'm sure the SNP have some advertising boards at one of the grounds in this league, can't remember which one though

We've had SNP in the recent past, and there's a Labour one there at the moment. That's okay, and I wouldn't even have batted an eyelid if there was a Tory one, but I'm a bit disappointed to learn we're taking money from UKIP.

Those two are utter failures. Bizarre signings from you guys. Always on paper you think, "ah these guys have played at a higher level" but at the same time they were part of one of the worst Hibernian sides in decades. Is it any worse than signing a player from say cowdenbeath or dumbarton? (No disrespect to those sides)

Those two are utter failures. Bizarre signings from you guys. Always on paper you think, "ah these guys have played at a higher level" but at the same time they were part of one of the worst Hibernian sides in decades. Is it any worse than signing a player from say cowdenbeath or dumbarton? (No disrespect to those sides)

Your club have been going down this road for years, so less of the patronising.

Can only think that "flag gate" was to paper over the appointment of Houston turning out to be a disaster, as was widely predicted at the time.

2-2 with Airdrie in the youth cup.

Went 1-0 up and then went 1 up top and conceded last minute from a long throw.

Airdrie went 2-1 up from another cross and a good finish from the head.

Shepps scored last minute from a through ball and currently 1-0 up via pens.

I know Houston never rated Millar but it makes you wonder why when he rates OTJ and Taiwo!

Millar struggling to get a starting slot at Peterhead may point to the coming back pre season overweight rumour maybes

I don't mind Taiwo, one the few players that gives a Fuk at the moment

Millar struggling to get a starting slot at Peterhead may point to the coming back pre season overweight rumour maybes

I don't mind Taiwo, one the few players that gives a Fuk at the moment

Do you really think the players are not bothered?? I look at the bench 2 seasons ago Pressley, Mcfarlane and Crawford were all out and shouting and getting our boys pumped up yesterday I watched it on falkirk TV but seen only PH out. McDonough or however you spell it looks like he is sat in church and maybury is in kit when he doesn't need to be. Can't help but think it's not the players.

Your opinion but who out of yesterday's game didn't look interested ?

Do you really think the players are not bothered?? I look at the bench 2 seasons ago Pressley, Mcfarlane and Crawford were all out and shouting and getting our boys pumped up yesterday I watched it on falkirk TV but seen only PH out. McDonough or however you spell it looks like he is sat in church and maybury is in kit when he doesn't need to be. Can't help but think it's not the players.

Your opinion but who out of yesterday's game didn't look interested ?

Maybury was a sub yesterday

Elvis did a hell of a lot of encouraging and shouting in the first season in div 1...but that calmed down season after,McFarlane was probably the most heated one on the bench but Crawford was as quiet as a mouse a mainly stood leaning against dug out post. I don't think how animated a coach manager is relates to much, Holt and brooks last season weren't all that animated

Taiwo seemed twice upset at being subbed, whereas other players have went off as if ah well...

The debut performance of smith and Jones,didn't really look like either were bothered, simply its probably down to the fact that we don't have a leader out there pointing fingers on the park and that probably equals that we are a team of individuals, some players can motivate themselves and some can't. I can agree that a manager can motivate, using Mark Stewart as an example in that I felt Elvis got the best out of him but as we stand the now, we are a rudderless ship

Maybury was a sub yesterday

Elvis did a hell of a lot of encouraging and shouting in the first season in div 1...but that calmed down season after,McFarlane was probably the most heated one on the bench but Crawford was as quiet as a mouse a mainly stood leaning against dug out post. I don't think how animated a coach manager is relates to much, Holt and brooks last season weren't all that animated

Taiwo seemed twice upset at being subbed, whereas other players have went off as if ah well...

The debut performance of smith and Jones,didn't really look like either were bothered, simply its probably down to the fact that we don't have a leader out there pointing fingers on the park and that probably equals that we are a team of individuals, some players can motivate themselves and some can't. I can agree that a manager can motivate, using Mark Stewart as an example in that I felt Elvis got the best out of him but as we stand the now, we are a rudderless ship

Yes that's what I mean, maybury doesn't need to be sub as Rowan can be there and maybury can concentrate on the coaching side.

Out the 14 players that played yesterday in your opinion who didn't look interested?

Taiwo might've been upset at being taken off yesterday but that doesn't change the fact he's absolutely rank and offers us absolutely nothing.

So far Houstons signings leave a lot to be desired, MacDonald aside. We've got Maybury who is finished and should be nowhere near true first-team. Cooper who after having a decent pre-season has done nothing when it really matters and is struggling to even get off the bench these days, Taiwo a centre-midfielder that can't pass the ball 2 yards. Awful. Tudor Jones is just there to be a big c**t in the middle of the park again another midfielder that can't pass the ball, Smith I saw for the first time yesterday and he contributed nothing and that leaves us with Boulding who in the glimpses we've seen so far looks John Stewart like in his pishness. His attempted cross yesterday really summed him up.

Obviously we don't know how much these guys are on a week but it looks like Houston had a decent enough budget to go and get a few players in but he's failed miserably so far and brought the wrong players in.