The Falkirk FC Thread

Get Pressley back in before Dundee Utd snap him up!

Are you rotating your profile picture since you're getting closer to promotion? :lol: Or is there someone with a similar one?

Some wild over reactions on here and on OneF regarding Houston. Fifth needs to be viewed as a failure, but it is fifth with a caveat given the three teams who are in the top spots in the league. He definitely shouldn't be sacked IMO, I'm concerned slightly with the prospect of more dross rejects signing in the summer but nothing has fundamentally changed in the last few weeks re Houston. The damage was done with the way we started the season and the signings made throughout. To finish fourth we would've essentially had to go unbeaten in 2015. Not possible. This was clear in December/January though so not sure why people are getting their knickers in a knot now.

Guest Back Post Misses

Some wild over reactions on here and on OneF regarding Houston. Fifth needs to be viewed as a failure, but it is fifth with a caveat given the three teams who are in the top spots in the league. He definitely shouldn't be sacked IMO, I'm concerned slightly with the prospect of more dross rejects signing in the summer but nothing has fundamentally changed in the last few weeks re Houston. The damage was done with the way we started the season and the signings made throughout. To finish fourth we would've essentially had to go unbeaten in 2015. Not possible. This was clear in December/January though so not sure why people are getting their knickers in a knot now.

It is the usual suspects as ever. The signings are no different to most seasons in terms of hit and miss. Hits McDonald, Taiwo, Kerr, Baird, Grant (not Houston's) and I think Muirhead will be fine. Misses Boulding, Smith, OTJ, Cooper and Morgan. About 50/50. Is it ever much better? I think the one difference in the last three years we got one signing that really stood out and they were strikers. Farid, Taylor and Loy. No one this season has had that impact.

100% agree with the last 2 posters.

Yes 5th will be seen as a failure in the grand scheme of things (should we actually finish their) but with the teams above us, bar QOS, I expected to be behind them.

Houston should not be sacked after less than 1 season.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

There always seems to be one diddy team that finishes above us (even Morton did it recently) so this is just another average Falkirk season. The major disappointment for me is our utterly dismal record against the Rangers Tribute Act (and the section of our support that clearly sympathises with them)

Killie/Motherwell/St Mirren all linked with MacDonald today. He's been alright this season but clearly doesn't want to be here. I'm yet to forgive him for his antics at Tynecastle and Palmerston earlier in the season in games where we got pumped.

There always seems to be one diddy team that finishes above us (even Morton did it recently) so this is just another average Falkirk season. The major disappointment for me is our utterly dismal record against the Rangers Tribute Act (and the section of our support that clearly sympathises with them)

Rangers fans without the bus fare , I have always thought that . Feel sorry for the real Falkirk fans having to sit amongst them every week. This finally explains why you always roll over and let them tickle your tummy. Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Killie/Motherwell/St Mirren all linked with MacDonald today. He's been alright this season but clearly doesn't want to be here. I'm yet to forgive him for his antics at Tynecastle and Palmerston earlier in the season in games where we got pumped.

What did he do at Palmerston?

I'm not a huge fan of him, bit of a flapper. Made some good saves but he is nothing compared to McGovern.

What did he do at Palmerston?

I'm not a huge fan of him, bit of a flapper. Made some good saves but he is nothing compared to McGovern.

I'm guessing he acknowledged the good reception he always gets from our support due to his time with us. Seem to remember marshmallo having a hissy about it at the time. Edited by die hard doonhamer

Jamie will always get a warm welcome from us. Apart from his part in the 2008 cup run, he is an excellent bloke, as he showed when he turned up at the Paul Burns testimonial game.

Unfortunately I can't see Kerr and Baird getting the same treatment. Not because they warrant it, just because I think trying to wind up an opposition player is counter-productive.

50/50 signings success are why we're still in this division. If we're ever going to get promoted the success rate has to be a whole lot better. The fact we keep signing shit players even after giving them a few weeks trial is even more worrying. There's absolutely no excuse for that. If we start using our budget more wisely we may have a chance of competing for a place in the top flight but we'll simply get further and further away from that if we continue to sign a dud for every ok signing. Out of say 8 signings at least 6 should be decent with perhaps 2 disappointments. It shouldnt be any more than that if the managers doing his job correctly.

Most of Houston's signings are with us next season regardless of whether we like it or not.

He will have money to spend and has to nail it from the get go.

I'm not that bothered if MacDonald stays. I font particularly rate him anyway. There are cheaper opitions out there who are on a par with him or better in my opinion.

The need for at least 2 strikers is really important. We can't have the issue that we have now with no Loy.

That's because you are a reasonable human being.

:huh: I have zero idea of what I've done to you to merit that

I'm not that bothered if MacDonald stays. I font particularly rate him anyway. There are cheaper opitions out there who are on a par with him or better in my opinion.

Agreed. Clark and Grindlay on loan at Queens/Dumbarton respectively, McGurn at Raith or Jamieson at Livi spring to mind.

I hope he goes..... I dont rate him for crossed balls and his kicking and use of the ball is awful

If we do finish above Falkirk then surely that will look really bad for Houston. Bigger team with more resources should always finish above a smaller team over a season. Real failure not to .

The current table doesnt stand to your logic, I dont think there is a team in their correct place due to resources.

The SPL table will have a similar look outside the top 2 and do I have to remind you Hearts and Hibs got relegated last season

As for the bed wetters, ok it was grim at points over the season mainly the start and now over the last few weeks but I feel Houstie has gave enough in relation to that he was manager later on, didnt know the division, didnt know the players and had to get players in. The starting 11 from the last game of the season v Hamilton, we have only 5 players from that losing Kingsley, McGrandles, McGovern, Millar and I suppose I should mention Flynn and Beck. Replacing the first four is a task alone and some Falkirk fans were looking for like for like replacements for them.....like that was going to happen.....

That being said, the signings for next season will have to be better, questions seriously asked over Morgan Taylor, we had him on trial for a period and still signed him on loan and OTJ as we have a former Hibs employee as asst manager who mustve seen OTJ and what he was capable of. Taiwo, Kerr and Baird Im happy with, Cooper and Smith can still prove me wrong, I hope tho doubt the latter. The signings need to be better as OTJ and Morgan Taylor are the worst signings for a hell of a long time.

We have ran out of steam and options in the attack area is my analysis of it all, its annoying that most teams have more options than us in that dept and that is what Houstie has to get correct for next season, if he doesnt then the current bed wetters will need a bigger bed