The Falkirk FC Thread

Brilliant news re McCann, the wee baller. Good to hear he is feeling the love from the support as well 

We've even improved the media officer's use of emojis 

The power Pie & Bovril wields literally knows no bounds 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

11 minutes ago, brokeville said:

What a refreshing change, keeping players instead of coughing up money to end contracts and bin them at the end of the last few seasons. So much to look forward to for a change. 

If Finn Yeats is next that would be the first time we have had a settled defence for the next season. We dont have to wait for the summer signing stampede but some reinforcement would be good

4 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Just looking at the form for the Hamilton v Alloa game.

Was surprised to see that Hamilton have only won 1 of their last 5 homes games and Alloa have only lost 1 of their last 5 away games.

We win at Kelty and there is every chance the lead could be extended. However, Kelty haven't lost in their last 3 home matches, so certainly no gimme.

Aye, you wouldn't bet against Alloa getting something at NDP tomorrow. They still have a lot to play for, and on current form, could very well catch Accies and pip them to 2nd place. Hamilton are 1-2 more defeats away from a total collapse and Alloa will surely know this.

Edited by Raybowski89

2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

It's great to have some stability and consistency with our players and management. Especially given the last few years of churn and instability.

Really pleased for Leon he's earned it.

Hopefully the familiarity within the team will help us next season. no rebuild required 

It's putting in place a solid spine of a side and something that has been lacking and pointed out often enough. That can only be good for the new players integrating themselves into the squad. 

Lets hope it is a nice problem upgrading to cope with promotion.

5 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Just looking at the form for the Hamilton v Alloa game.

Was surprised to see that Hamilton have only won 1 of their last 5 homes games and Alloa have only lost 1 of their last 5 away games.

We win at Kelty and there is every chance the lead could be extended. However, Kelty haven't lost in their last 3 home matches, so certainly no gimme.

I'm sure I read 11 out the last 27pts is the Hamilton form of late.

They have two sticky away games Stirling and Kelty after Saturday too.

I'm just wanting it done asap, I wanna be first league winners in Scotland and England would be nice too.

I'd guess only Stennie will threaten us for Scotland 

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Thoroughly deserved.

He was the one I was concerned about, it's been no secret that McGlynn wanted Mackie and I'm guessing McCann will be on a decent wage. It's been two seasons Mackie started the season and injuries have let McCann in and he's made left back his own.

Great news 👌

25 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I'm just wanting it done asap, I wanna be first league winners in Scotland and England would be nice too.

I'd guess only Stennie will threaten us for Scotland 

If ourselves and Stenhousemuir continue to match each other stride for stride then McGlynn and Naysmith will win their respective league’s manager of the season awards and deservedly so. And it should be between them for the overall manager of the season award but I’ve a horrible feeling that if Sevco win the premiership that they’ll give it to Clement.

Absolutely delighted with that. Leon is one of the Holt/Sheerin era where he was completely cast aside by them, barely making it into the first team. But he has fought his way in, despite Mackie coming in as first choice, proving himself to be indispensable and dependable. I think he could be the one in this team that deserves this the most and could not be happier. 

If Yeats signs now it is looking like the only player we would be missing next season from our starting 11 will be Morrison... And if that's the case with others leaving we will only really have to spend resources to strengthen and focus on the position rather than scrambling to replace players that are leaving for better teams. When was the last time this happened? 

1 hour ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Absolutely delighted with that. Leon is one of the Holt/Sheerin era where he was completely cast aside by them, barely making it into the first team. But he has fought his way in, despite Mackie coming in as first choice, proving himself to be indispensable and dependable. I think he could be the one in this team that deserves this the most and could not be happier. 

If Yeats signs now it is looking like the only player we would be missing next season from our starting 11 will be Morrison... And if that's the case with others leaving we will only really have to spend resources to strengthen and focus on the position rather than scrambling to replace players that are leaving for better teams. When was the last time this happened? 

You've hit the nail on the head here. We finally have a settled squad and management team that are playing good football and achieving success and are a stable platform for the next couple of seasons.

The club genuinely moving in the right direction on and off the park and the cycle of managerial and whole squad replacements every summer is finally broken.