The Falkirk FC Thread

He is a legend to the younger fans. Us boring old farts have had ours. Let them enjoy the lads ability. 

Edited by BPM

12 minutes ago, ChoppeReid said:

On the Morrison Legend topic. Do people genuinely think he has been great for his whole time here?

For me he has been amazing this season and was decent enough last year (seen to remember him going off the boil a bit serving half) but before that was pretty average/disappointing, made what felt like the wrong decision constantly. To be honest if he had went end of last year I don’t think I would have been bothered. 

Morrisons form across the season has been great, top scorer for now, and a tremendous four goals yesterday. I,ll leave it for the experts on what is a legend, but being quite adrift from being a teen now, there’s quite a few players I would consider in that  status in front of him.

30 minutes ago, ChoppeReid said:

On the Morrison Legend topic. Do people genuinely think he has been great for his whole time here?

For me he has been amazing this season and was decent enough last year (seen to remember him going off the boil a bit serving half) but before that was pretty average/disappointing, made what felt like the wrong decision constantly. To be honest if he had went end of last year I don’t think I would have been bothered. 

Remember the first two seasons his game time was curtailed by Covid. He was inconsistent in a poor side. A lot of fans went along the lines that he’s frustrating but there’s a player in there. Last season was decent but this season makes him a legend.

No comparison but Stainrod was here for only a year and a half (the last wee bit of that time was actually quite a sharp decline) but his legendary status is undisputed. A bigger reason he is a legend, for me, is that he was the catalyst for one the best periods in the clubs history.

In terms of Morrison, I’d go far as to say that yesterday was the day that put him in that legend bracket.

Credit to the folks that put the match programme together. Read it this morning and some really good detailed articles in it, Stephen McGinn, Morrison, FSS, The Board. Some stuff I wasn't aware of so thoroughly enjoyed it.

Only thing missing for next seasons programme is more stats please! Crowds, who played in each game, yellow cards etc

A legend to me might not be a legend to others. I see Scott McKenzie as a Falkirk legend, due to the service he gave the club and him always putting in a 7/8 out of 10 performance, he is probably one of my favourite players of all time but never really gets a mention when fans talk about the past. I see Scott in the same way I see Leon this season in terms of how reliable they are.

If anyone, especially younger fans see Callumn as a legend then that’s up to them and I certainly won’t argue against it.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

28 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

No comparison but Stainrod was here for only a year and a half (the last wee bit of that time was actually quite a sharp decline) but his legendary status is undisputed. A bigger reason he is a legend, for me, is that he was the catalyst for one the best periods in the clubs history.

All clubs have legend status players - very few have Pieman status players.

Stainrod was a joyous privilege.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

A legend to me might not be a legend to others. I see Scott McKenzie as a Falkirk legend, due to the service he gave the club and him always putting in a 7/8 out of 10 performance, he is probably one of my favourite players of all time but never really gets a mention when fans talk about the past. I see Scott in the same way I see Leon this season.

If anyone, especially younger fans see Callumn as a legend then that’s up to them and I certainly won’t argue against it.

Funnily enough, Scott McKenzie was at the game yesterday.

I think people forget Morrison is still only 24 and only now coming into his prime. Huge potential to cement his place in Falkirk record books if he hasn't already.  

7 hours ago, AGPar said:

Stand out at a much higher level of football than that which we have been occupying for the previous five seasons. And that’s to even enter the conversation.

I’m sorry but I can’t get on board with that. It doesn’t matter what league we’re in. If a player is performing incredibly well over a period of time then he deserves recognition. 

You're effectively saying that if someone replicates Morrisons form but we were in the Premiership, then they would deserve legendary status but Morisson, who did the exact same wouldn’t because he did it in a lower league. 

Legend is relatively subjective but wouldn’t have Morrison in that category just yet (and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that). 

Stainrod was just before my time so Crunchie and Latapy are the only real “legends” as I would define it, that I’ve seen play.

Players like McKenzie and Yogi would obviously be up there as well.

Farid definitely not in the legend bracket for me. More cult hero.

13 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Legend is relatively subjective but wouldn’t have Morrison in that category just yet (and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that). 

Stainrod was just before my time so Crunchie and Latapy are the only real “legends” as I would define it, that I’ve seen play.

Players like McKenzie and Yogi would obviously be up there as well.

Farid definitely not in the legend bracket for me. More cult hero.

This.

48 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Credit to the folks that put the match programme together. Read it this morning and some really good detailed articles in it, Stephen McGinn, Morrison, FSS, The Board. Some stuff I wasn't aware of so thoroughly enjoyed it.

Only thing missing for next seasons programme is more stats please! Crowds, who played in each game, yellow cards etc

Absolutely!

And more sellers; I often miss out if I don't catch the one lady selling them.

When it comes to "legends" I think of 4 categories:

Local boy done good: Crunchie, Craig Sibbald

Played for us over an extended period of time: Andy Nicol

Represented us well in the top division: Richard Cadette

Helped us get promoted or win a trophy: Yogi, Simon Stainrod, Sam McGivern, Latapy

So, up until last season Callumn wasn't a legend, after this season, he is, in my eyes anyway. Some of his goals have been vital to us getting promoted.

It shouldn’t matter what league a team is, it’s all about the individual’s influence and contribution to the team. Morrison has been our standout since signing with us. Scoring 50 goals as a winger too and he’s committed a large part of his career (so far) to us. He’s definitely up there now IMO.

If you're under 20 and have, say, a working memory of ten years of going to games there have been precious few players that would come even close to the term "very good" let alone "legend".

Let the young team have Callumn.

I don't think you can be a legend and still be playing for us. I'm nearing 30 years old and only really started liking football when I was around 10. In my time there's been only 1 legend and that's Latapy.

Like others have said, it's an age thing, guys like Sibbs, Farid, Vaulks, Stokes, Arfield, Enoch Showumni all have a special place for me but it would be hard to call them legends. Might change though because some of these guys are still playing and could return 👀.

Morrison is in that bracket of iconic players for me, he's not a legend yet, but by the time his next contracts up, he very well could be.