The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Rip the heed right clean off it 

Spat beer on my wife when I read this and she made me show her the post. She’s a traffic warden so your anonymity won’t hold. 

Muirhead was good for us but we needed an attacking RB and that just wasn't his game. People got frustrated that he almost always ended up launching it or slowing the game down by just giving the ball to another defender to do something with it.

I think if his role was to be a no nonsense CB then he'd have had a lot more love from the support.

Not getting it with guy. The guy was good with penalties, that was it. His positioning and ball control was poor, as was his distribution. Took the bait so many times and lost the support. Albeit the last two games he looked a no nonsense run of the mill CB. Not a patch on ours. 

36 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Spat beer on my wife when I read this and she made me show her the post. She’s a traffic warden so your anonymity won’t hold. 

On it early the day big man 

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Not getting it with guy. The guy was good with penalties, that was it. His positioning and ball control was poor, as was his distribution. Took the bait so many times and lost the support. Albeit the last two games he looked a no nonsense run of the mill CB. Not a patch on ours. 

I think this sort of attitude is where we as fans perhaps started getting ahead of ourselves at the start of the decline, myself included. Muirhead has been doing well for himself for all the years we've been stuck down here. I for one will be careful for what I wish for going forward and will not be taking  the championship or championship players for granted. 

54 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Is this a warning that I should stop doing that act in my car?

47 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

I think this sort of attitude is where we as fans perhaps started getting ahead of ourselves at the start of the decline, myself included. Muirhead has been doing well for himself for all the years we've been stuck down here. I for one will be careful for what I wish for going forward and will not be taking  the championship or championship players for granted. 

Certainly not getting ahead ourselves, we’ve been down here five seasons, and paid decent wages to many players that simply didn’t produce. We can blame coaches and managers but for me Muirhead and an army of others took the £ and the return was poor. 

I’m not interested what Muirhead has done since leaving us. When he wore our jersey he certainly wasn’t good enough. Hothead, lack of ability, defensively average…the list could go on. Good at penalties but a shite player and a shite captain. f**k him. 

I liked Muirhead. Some of the 80 yard crossfield passes he pinged were sublime. Dominated our box in the air and tried to lead by example. Played on with a broken foot in one game! He was surrounded by shit coached by imbeciles and the pressure of carrying them got to him in the end. His last couple of games his confidence was totally shot and he was all over the place. Think that's what colours a lot of people's memories of him. 

As other players who've left have mentioned it was apparent the decline was being felt.

Better players improve others but by the same token lesser players can begin to erode seemingly good players. For me, that's what ultimately happened to Aero and others.

Let's hope we never see it happen again to the same extent.

14 hours ago, GunnerBairn said:

I  also thought he was scapegoated a bit. Always felt he would’ve flourished better without the responsibility of the Captains armband on him. Also pretty sure he’s the only Falkirk player in my lifetime I’ve seen with a 100 percent penalty record, never missed one I don’t think. 

Cost us that night against Dundee united in the playoffs when we looked on our way to the final. He's a steady championship defender but I think you just need that wee bit more to get to the next level.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

What did I do? I finished rewatching every single league game of this season. Describing them took 10,000 + words. Hours of work. 
Why? All revealed next week. :) 

This is a wild guess but if the club tasked you with creating an invincible season match magazine, game by game reporting, it would sell very well indeed. 

Edited by GunnerBairn

13 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

This is a wild guess but if the club tasked you with creating an invincible season match magazine, game by game reporting, it would sell very well indeed. 

DVD of highlights of all 36 games or we storm the stadium.

I think the abuse dished out by a portion of our support really effected the confidence of a lot of players. Other team actually tried to keep a clean sheet for 20 mins then our "fans " turned against our players. What a reputation to have and not a big attraction for potential signings.

46 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

What did I do? I finished rewatching every single league game of this season. Describing them took 10,000 + words. Hours of work. 
Why? All revealed next week. :) 

Never quite worked out who is who between you and KJLK but I assume you're collaborating on a project I know about. 

Can't wait to see the end result. 

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Never quite worked out who is who between you and KJLK but I assume you're collaborating on a project I know about. 

Can't wait to see the end result. 

They’re the same person. He said this previously, something to do with two different devices and not being able to switch logins as he’s a Luddite 🤣