The Falkirk FC Thread

I was surprised when I was told stone was supposed to be coming to us as I felt he'd be wanting to play every week and I would expect anyone who comes in to be number two to Nicky at least for the start of the season. Also presume hearts would want him playing regularly. Is he going to be number one at Ayr?

6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I was surprised when I was told stone was supposed to be coming to us as I felt he'd be wanting to play every week and I would expect anyone who comes in to be number two to Nicky at least for the start of the season. Also presume hearts would want him playing regularly. Is he going to be number one at Ayr?

Yeah he will be. 

21 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Aye, almost certainly. His competition is Robbie Mutch and Ollie Ecrepont, who is very highly rated and had a succesful loan at East Stirling but probably a season or two too early for him. 

4 minutes ago, brokeville said:

We should start marketing grass seed and selling it in the shop. 

"Get your Invincible Grass Seed here, guaranteed to grow far more grass shoots than our competitors.

# grassseedwank.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Pretty much my thoughts aswell. I couldn't see him coming to us to sit on the bench. 

36 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Pretty much my thoughts aswell. I couldn't see him coming to us to sit on the bench. 

clearly the rumour wasn't true the leaks coming out of the club have been zero for the last couple of years.

16 hours ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Out of curiosity does this in any way affect our fans bank government loan? Was it not based on providing community infrastructure i.e an astro pitch? If we change to grass will that have any knock-on effects? If it does then we will absolutely have solid ground for legal action surely?

based on share purchase and larger ownership as it's not a grant and a repayable loan without security i see no avenue there. the club might be in bother if they rip up the new pitch and the grant prevents them, that could mean part of their sfa grant would be refundable which is more of a bad thing than a good thing

53 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

based on share purchase and larger ownership as it's not a grant and a repayable loan without security i see no avenue there. the club might be in bother if they rip up the new pitch and the grant prevents them, that could mean part of their sfa grant would be refundable which is more of a bad thing than a good thing

So the sfa grant for the pitch we might have to refund? Meaning we would have the cost of the pitch and money to send back to the sfa? 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

So the sfa grant for the pitch we might have to refund? Meaning we would have the cost of the pitch and money to send back to the sfa? 

depends on the life cycle for the pitch, each year that passes it will be less i imagine and the wording of the agreement but it might be a risk, what a f'ing shit fest 

1 hour ago, AJ1981 said:

The loan from the govt was not specifically for the pitch although we did tell them that was why we wanted the money. There’s no chance of it being recalled. 

That said we possibly should point out to the government that the cartel like behaviour of the top division will have this affect:  we need to start campaigning for an independent monitor in Scotland as  was planned for England before they had to dump the legislation due to the election but Labour is committed to bringing it back so there will be someone has an overseer function in football. We need the same in Scotland?

The perfect storm would be for 4 teams with artificial surfaces gaining promotion to the SPL, over the next 2seasons & telling them to GFT! Would a team with such a surface finishing top 6 (25/26) be replaced by the next best grass based team from the division below? It just shouts #shambles, but that’s Scottish football writ large.

As a massive FU we should acquiesce to the grass demands and allow a funfair,  waterpark or outdoor wax museum to be built on the land between the grass and remaining artificial surface. 

Force Sky to broadcast from the main stand and show the world our best product, grade-A grass surface surrounded by Elvis on the toilet and Obama in an open-air Oval office 

Nothing would scream "Elite" more 😂

19 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Slightly off subject, through in town today and can anyone send me or copy me what the Fck is the proposed new roads layout at the stadium and area. Looks like a Newmarket St all over. 

image.thumb.png.626a006b58fa188575d7f15552b2b95b.png

image.thumb.png.e22c1bb6d6175c13ccd8d5ee6ae1dfb5.png

The bridge is no longer happening btw as the council have shat it. Will just be traffic lights for pedestrian crossings with nothing proposed outside the stadium entrance. So will be the same chaos as now, but over 4 lanes instead of two. You've got to love roads engineers and the council and their total incompetence