The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Looks like Airdrie are victims of their own success as Josh Rae has signed with St Johnstone. They may well recruit well but it won’t be easy losing Fordyce, Ballantyne, Rae and potentially more to come

McCabe shoUld have moved on if he had the chance after last season. Can see Airdrie struggling next season, not easy to replace so many. Gallagher also gone and a few who haven't re-signed yet. 

Hibs retained list 2024/25: Jojo Wollacott, Murray Johnson, Lewis Miller, Chris Cadden, Jordan Obita, Rocky Bushiri, Dylan Levitt, Jake Doyle-Hayes, Joe Newell, Luke Amos, Jair Tavares, Nathan Moriah-Welsh, Josh Campbell, Elie Youan, Dylan Vente, Martin Boyle, Ewan Henderson, Harry McKirdy, Nohan Kenneh, Max Boruc, Riley Harbottle, Dan MacKay, Allan Delferrière, Kanayo Megwa, Rory Whittaker

I tell ye, my heart missed a beat every time “Dylan” cropped up. 
Could we be on for a double 9 am announcement on Tuesday. I mean new strips AND DT??
🤞🤞🤞

Just now, HonestAl said:

Hibs retained list 2024/25: Jojo Wollacott, Murray Johnson, Lewis Miller, Chris Cadden, Jordan Obita, Rocky Bushiri, Dylan Levitt, Jake Doyle-Hayes, Joe Newell, Luke Amos, Jair Tavares, Nathan Moriah-Welsh, Josh Campbell, Elie Youan, Dylan Vente, Martin Boyle, Ewan Henderson, Harry McKirdy, Nohan Kenneh, Max Boruc, Riley Harbottle, Dan MacKay, Allan Delferrière, Kanayo Megwa, Rory Whittaker

I tell ye, my heart missed a beat every time “Dylan” cropped up. 
Could we be on for a double 9 am announcement on Tuesday. I mean new strips AND DT??
🤞🤞🤞

He’s retained under the academy list

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'd expect Nicky to start as number one. I very much doubt he would've signed up without some kind of confirmation that the situation would be completely different from last season.  Now I'm sure he knows as well as anyone else that he will have to perform to keep the jersey but he won't have signed up to not play.  Sneddon will get his chance of Nicky slips up and then it's his responsibility to keep it

I've seen nothing whatsoever from Hogarth to date that would merit any sort of assurance or guarantee about game time, all the more so considering that we will be playing at a higher level next season. Overall, he simply has not been convincing enough for me. The reports from Thistle fans aren't exactly encouraging either, so it may again be a scenario of two goalkeepers who are much or a muchness and who could both reasonably expect to get a decent number of games. Neither strike me as undisputed No 1 material. All pretty meh really.

On 09/06/2024 at 16:29, Rizzo said:

That incident happened a wee bit along from us (could have been me etc). Crunchie McAllister ran over and caught the wee girl before she fell off the advertsing board. Recall the police having to hold back a very angry dad after the player gave a wee wave as an "apology", shat it and ran away.

Couldn't have been far from where I stood the 2 old boys that always stood in front of us in the Hope St end were in outrage when that happened the funny thing was it was at the dad and said "she shouldn't have been standing there"  our support some times beggar belief ..lol

1 minute ago, GeordieBairn said:

He’s retained under the academy list

You would have to go and spoil my mood………(thanks for the correction, nevertheless)

I’d say Nicky is better than Sneddon based on what I’ve read and seen of the two of them which makes me wonder why we’ve signed someone who isn’t as good (IMO) or even that much better (in others) when the money could have been spent elsewhere. 

Much of a muchness with the two keepers again, the advantage being they are both ours so we can do as we please with them without risk of them being recalled or the goalposts moved mid loan.

It will however take up more budget signing a keeper permanently than one on loan so I'd have hoped for a better upgrade on Hogarth than a Jamie Sneddon.

4/5 bits of quality was the general consensus this summer to see us have a good go at the championship. Would be happy with Tait being our last permanent signing and 2 more loan signings finishing the job. A centre back and a striker.

Jamie Sneddon
Keelan Adams
Michael Mckenna
Ethan Ross

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

McCabe shoUld have moved on if he had the chance after last season. Can see Airdrie struggling next season, not easy to replace so many. Gallagher also gone and a few who haven't re-signed yet. 

I think McCabe would've moved on if he wasn't going to get the backing of the board. Our one season in the Championship has brought us in over £600k in prize money in comparison to our £140 odd whilst we were in League 1.

We overachieved last season and it's not surprising that players are getting offers from bigger clubs, not much you can do about it I'm afraid.

McCabe's recruitment has been excellent since he's been manager so whilst it will be a rebuild I'm optimistic that we'll be able to sign well and be fine next season even though it'll take time for new players to gel.

Out of the players we are in discussions with apparently Frizzell has signed a new contract with us and we're just waiting on Telfer (although I can see him moving on too). I know he had mixed reviews from yourselves but he was outstanding and was voted POTY last season.

If it's a better offering than O'neill's gave Partick then all well and good. Their home top is a bit meh tbh, basically our away strip template from last season but the badge,sponsor etc is all crammed in the central stripe which makes it look a bit gash.

Tait on loan looks like the only way he's coming back now as Hibs have confirmed he's still under contract.  Gray might want to see if he can kick on pre season so could be later in the window if he does come. 

Sneddon a bit meh as others have said and the Thistle fans reviews suggest he's a bit flappy at crosses which we've had a lot of over the last few years and could do without.  Hogarth has potential and is a good size for a keeper, hopefully he'll improve the more he plays.  

Could do with 1 or 2 mouthwatering signings.  At the moment it's looking very much a mid table season, consolidate and go for it in year 2.  

I think we're still glaringly short of a striker to challenge MacIvor and Tait (and if not Tait then midfield cover for Hendo/Spencer).  Having said that would still like to see what Alfie could offer as a loan striker rather than a late sub out wide.