The Falkirk FC Thread

13 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Right my fellow Bairns, on this night of international football here is a choice for you all.

If a genie granted you one footballing wish and it was a choice between Scotland winning the World Cup and Falkirk winning the Scottish Cup what do you take.

I would take Falkirk every day of the week as I’m no the biggest international football fan but I just wondered how you all feel.

I’m not sure those are comparable.  We’ve come frustratingly close to winning the SC, but Scotland can’t make it out of the group stages.  And if I’m being absolutely honest, I think I’d take Scotland to with the World Cup.  The general countrywide feeling that would bring (aside from the The Rangers fans) would be amazing and it is soooooo unlikely.

I think a more comparable question is would you take Scotland to win the WC or Falkirk to win the Premier League.  And that is Falkirk all day long.

44 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

I’m not sure those are comparable.  We’ve come frustratingly close to winning the SC, but Scotland can’t make it out of the group stages.  And if I’m being absolutely honest, I think I’d take Scotland to with the World Cup.  The general countrywide feeling that would bring (aside from the The Rangers fans) would be amazing and it is soooooo unlikely.

I think a more comparable question is would you take Scotland to win the WC or Falkirk to win the Premier League.  And that is Falkirk all day long.

Absolutely Falkirk all day long. 

(Last night was a little reminder to the greaseball gypsys team. 11 shop dummies would have shown more heart and effort than that lot last night. Yes Germany were good, but when you start with a guy who’s had four first team starts, questions must be asked. We were embarrassing)

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Scotland qualifying for the finals of tournaments is great, the nation gets a lift, everyone is in party mood, thousands travel for the games, it’s all good fun and then the football starts 😩

Tbf we did reasonably well in qualifying with some really good performances, but since qualifying we’ve been poor. Actually felt sorry for Ralston, Germans identified him early doors and just not good enough, albeit there was ten others as shite.

12 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Gordon was fantastic on the podcast and delighted he got to share his Falkirk story with us. You couldn’t meet a prouder Falkirk fan too after this season. 

agreed only met him a handful of times at meetings and AGMs and it was clear he was a top man

I'm no more than an armchair Scotland fan, but WC win over SPFL win every day, sorry. Let's be serious here.

Not the place to go into it here, but McTominay was clearly unfit, McGinn and McGregor completely out of form and we looked scared from minute 1. I think this team peaked a year too early, just like the '78 lot. Don't blame Ralston at all, he is 3rd choice and tried but just got outclassed.

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Not originally.

its irrelevant if somebody is from denny or denmark, if they support falkirk fc they're part of the family and we're a family that can be pretty hard on itself. people should be viewed on their opinions and their actions. not where they come from. where you are born is an accident of nature 😂 

Scotland winning the World Cup would change all of our lives. It would change the country. You'd probably never experience elation like it again. 

I mean I'd love Falkirk to win something, but honestly, a Scotland WC win would be "take me now, my work here is done" levels

12 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

its irrelevant if somebody is from denny or denmark, if they support falkirk fc they're part of the family and we're a family that can be pretty hard on itself. people should be viewed on their opinions and their actions. not where they come from. where you are born is an accident of nature 😂 

Where did I say otherwise?

44 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I'm no more than an armchair Scotland fan, but WC win over SPFL win every day, sorry. Let's be serious here.

Not the place to go into it here, but McTominay was clearly unfit, McGinn and McGregor completely out of form and we looked scared from minute 1. I think this team peaked a year too early, just like the '78 lot. Don't blame Ralston at all, he is 3rd choice and tried but just got outclassed.

Agree about Ralston tbh.

He only made 8 starts for his club this season and we all know he’s honking.