The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I thought he looked ok but nothing overly special against us in league one but a two year deal in the top flight is crazy stuff.

I tell you what is more crazy a three deal for Paul Hanlon. I remember a washed up Lee Miller rag dolling him 8/9 years ago when Hanlon should have been in his prime. 

9 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

that signing shows St Johnstone are struggling to tempt players. 

Only if you think we're, while signing an entire squad, making our best signings in mid-June.

He's cheap back up who can play either wing and might end up useful. Having zero depth last season killed us at it forced us into a certain tactic.

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Only if you think we're, while signing an entire squad, making our best signings in mid-June.

He's cheap back up who can play either wing and might end up useful. Having zero depth last season killed us at it forced us into a certain tactic.

Having Craig levein as your manager forced you into a certain tactic.

54 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Losing?

Pretty much aye.

15 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Having Craig levein as your manager forced you into a certain tactic.

He kept trying to go 4-4-2 but having 1 winger at the club who could stay fit kept fucking it and forcing a 5-3-2 shape instead.

9 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

We absolutely need that filter considering our BOD were ready to sell us to that coffee van owner with zero due dilligence.

Splitting hairs here but a previous BOD were ready to sell. I'd hope once bitten, twice shy would apply now.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Pretty much aye.

He kept trying to go 4-4-2 but having 1 winger at the club who could stay fit kept fucking it and forcing a 5-3-2 shape instead.

Levein should never have abandoned his trusted 6-4-0 formation……

24 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Levein should never have abandoned his trusted 6-4-0 formation……

It was 4-6-0, and I still find some folks obsession with that weird. Steve Clarke went strikerless against Switzerland 2 days ago.

2 hours ago, BPM said:

I tell you what is more crazy a three deal for Paul Hanlon. I remember a washed up Lee Miller rag dolling him 8/9 years ago when Hanlon should have been in his prime. 

Or Ian Murray in the press talking about other clubs in the league spending big when they've just re-signed Easton & Byrne, added Fordyce, Hanlon & Stevenson and paid money for Lewis Gibson.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Pretty much aye.

Someone needs to tell levein that the 442 went out with the ark.

Stunning admission in this article (my emphasis):

Uefa and its independent pitch consultants have been working closely with the grounds team in Frankfurt in the the build-up of the tournament to guarantee optimal playing conditions and have seen the overall pitch rating improve consistently over the course of the previous season."

... and yet it cut-up - badly 🫢

The grass proponents are going to be apoplectic when the pristine surfaces of their hallucinations don't materialise and TV pundits are discussing conditions as we saw in Frankfurt at Perth, Kirkcaldy or Airdrie!

Edited by Blame Me

41 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Makes my piss boil to see the spfl about to bend over backwards to help out sevco and their stadium problems with sharing with queens park at Hampden now being mooted as a distinct possibility having originally been thought to be impossible.  Funny how when we wanted to ground share with a lower league side we were knocked back due to not having the control of the fixtures. Another classic example of how bigger clubs get a completely different rub of the green from others.

Yep... thought the same myself....just another example of gerrymandering to keep their odious fans from rioting...same reason they lied & said it wasn't a new club...bowing to the lowest common denominator 

20 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Apart from the fact he played Che Adams (a striker) 

Levein started that game with Jamie Mackie and Steven Naismith.

Che Adams was playing on the right wing in the second half v Switzerland with McTominay central but deep. It was effectively 5-5-0.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Makes my piss boil to see the spfl about to bend over backwards to help out sevco and their stadium problems with sharing with queens park at Hampden now being mooted as a distinct possibility having originally been thought to be impossible.  Funny how when we wanted to ground share with a lower league side we were knocked back due to not having the control of the fixtures. Another classic example of how bigger clubs get a completely different rub of the green from others.

Different times, different folk in charge and learning from previous "mistakes" but yeah that definitely sticks in the craw. If they want to groundshare fine, they can use Celtic Park as there won't need to be anything done regarding the fixtures. 

I dont understand why they need to be groundsharing anyway, just close the areas where the work is being done is surely the obvious answer 

1 minute ago, FK1Bairn said:

Different times, different folk in charge and learning from previous "mistakes" but yeah that definitely sticks in the craw. If they want to groundshare fine, they can use Celtic Park as there won't need to be anything done regarding the fixtures. 

I dont understand why they need to be groundsharing anyway, just close the areas where the work is being done is surely the obvious answer 

They have too many season ticket holders to do that.

Just now, FK1Bairn said:

The word is the crane that's been sat on the pitch has killed off the grass and rather than manoeuvre it in-and-out they want to leave it in situ until the work is complete and make good the pitch once. 

5 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

The word is the crane that's been sat on the pitch has killed off the grass and rather than manoeuvre it in-and-out they want to leave it in situ until the work is complete and make good the pitch once. 

Wouldn't have happened with a plastic pitch.