The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, SuperTuesday said:

And this is your constant, put a wee positive then whack in a whole lot detrimental comments in the next sentences.

Absolutely way off mark. Totally agree with the PM comments. It’s glaringly obvious we need further investment, as our current model which without doubt has improved our stability, is way short of wiping out the -0.4M/0.5M monkey on our back each season. Last season was sensational and the team simply blew the opposition apart. Memories which for all the supporters will last a life time.

Realty check, we as a fan owned should look at one of the top league teams - Motherwell with its SPFL millions are already looking for financial help.

50 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

No, you're quite right, there's nothing negative about that statement at all, when taken in isolation! In the same sentence you went on to say we'd done well to retain Ross, which, again, is not negative. Could it be that the reason that you didn't also quote that part be because you previously said that you didn't think Ross should be signed as he wasn't good enough?

Show me all of the other positive stuff that you've posted over the past few days.

I have never said Ross isn’t good enough. I said I wouldn’t prioritise offering him a top wage given we are well covered in that position and his end product could be better (as McGlynn has stated).

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I have never said Ross isn’t good enough. I said I wouldn’t prioritise offering him a top wage given we are well covered in that position and his end product could be better (as McGlynn has stated).

So why did we 'do well' to sign him then? And who said we were offering him a top wage?

54 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Absolutely way off mark. Totally agree with the PM comments. It’s glaringly obvious we need further investment, as our current model which without doubt has improved our stability, is way short of wiping out the -0.4M/0.5M monkey on our back each season. Last season was sensational and the team simply blew the opposition apart. Memories which for all the supporters will last a life time.

Realty check, we as a fan owned should look at one of the top league teams - Motherwell with its SPFL millions are already looking for financial help.

How many clubs do you know of that have an owner prepared to put in nearly 200k per year continuously and indefinitely without anything in return? Because that’s essentially what we are getting from the FSS (with the potential for that to grow further) yet you would abandon that fan driven stability and success we now have to sell the club to a private individual or company?  A hypothetical private owner who could loose interest at any minute for that matter!  Also regarding Motherwell the initial offer the American guy made has been rejected in favour of continued fan ownership, Hearts and st Mirren both recently increased they’re fan owned shareholding, Morton have been making it work on a full time basis despite a fan base of less than 1000 and operating out of a stadium that’s basically a glorified public park ect ect. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Thanks to everyone who has downloaded or viewed the first podcast back this week - almost 1,500 of you since Tuesday 👏🏻

📘 A reminder that Pablo Robertson joined us on this weeks podcast to discuss “The Untouchables” book that’s been launched to mark our INVINCIBLE season. 

You can even win a copy, just listen to this weeks podcast to find out how👇🏼

🆕🎙️EP:88 A NEW DAY IS DAWNING

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_0652.thumb.jpeg.b9cff8d31426adebf737af204be013df.jpeg

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Because that’s essentially what we are getting from the FSS yet you would abandon that fan ownership to sell the club to a private investor?

Didn’t know the FSS are now contributing 200K. I’ve been away on holiday but thought after the last update thought we were at 120K. 

Read my post and I’ve made no reference to a private investor, only reference to further investment. 
So that there is no understanding on my part, say for example a “ potential investor is very interested “ how/who makes the call to accept the interest and how is this processed?

21 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Didn’t know the FSS are now contributing 200K. I’ve been away on holiday but thought after the last update thought we were at 120K. 

Read my post and I’ve made no reference to a private investor, only reference to further investment. 
So that there is no understanding on my part, say for example a “ potential investor is very interested “ how/who makes the call to accept the interest and how is this processed?

Ok maybe I’ve miss understood you here. Please clarify where you see “further investment” coming from if not by selling or diluting our shareholding to accommodate this person or persons? There is of course space for the “third leg of the stool” but that investor would have to accept not having a controlling shareholder under our current model where the fans groups own the largest shareholding and as to your question hypothetically if there were to be an offer on the table that the board found credible an EGM would need to be called and all shareholders would be invited to vote on whether to accept the terms of the offer with the FSS being the largest shareholder. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

13 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

How many clubs do you know of that have an owner prepared to put in nearly 200k per year continuously and indefinitely without anything in return? Because that’s essentially what we are getting from the FSS (with the potential for that to grow further) yet you would abandon that fan ownership to sell the club to a private investor? A hypothetical private owner who could loose interest at any minute at that!  Also regarding Motherwell the initial offer the American guy made has been rejected in favour of continued fan ownership, Hearts and st Mirren both recently increased they’re fan owned shareholding, Morton have been making it work on a full time basis despite a fan base of less than 1000 and operating out of a stadium that’s basically glorified public park ect ect 

The very reason we have the blended fan ownership model is to allow for the *right kind* of investor to come in. Not the pretendy coffee shop/real estate owner with an anonymous backer who for a reason only known to themselves couldn’t put their name to owning a football club. Or the former player who tried to block the then largest-ever investment we’d seen so he could front another anonymous backer and his enablers who, again, might not have been entirely fit or proper. 

Who is prepared to put millions into Falkirk, seriously? I’d be up for a proper investor who sees us as a big project, who’d complete the stadium, rebuild the academy and change the whole paradigm. But not some short-term sugar rush where we throw the baby out with the bathwater. 

6 minutes ago, StuartA said:

The very reason we have the blended fan ownership model is to allow for the *right kind* of investor to come in. Not the pretendy coffee shop/real estate owner with an anonymous backer who for a reason only known to themselves couldn’t put their name to owning a football club. Or the former player who tried to block the then largest-ever investment we’d seen so he could front another anonymous backer and his enablers who, again, might not have been entirely fit or proper. 

Who is prepared to put millions into Falkirk, seriously? I’d be up for a proper investor who sees us as a big project, who’d complete the stadium, rebuild the academy and change the whole paradigm. But not some short-term sugar rush where we throw the baby out with the bathwater. 

Ah Mark I like coffee Campbell,the old board really mad a roaring arse of than amongst a lot more.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Are they related to you, seems strange that you both green each others posts every time?

There has been no comment from me whether I agree or disagree on further investment so the above above makes absolutely no sense in saying my comments are "way off mark' and then you elaborate why we need the investment, you have just blindly agreed with your poster pal.

Go back and read back what I have challenged on.

Just to split hairs, it’s not glaringly obvious that we need more investment. We just need more cash to spend, and always will. Whether that’s commercial, tickets, sponsorship, share issues, tankards, cup runs, transfers, gifts or whatever. The 400k thing is the average annual operating loss over a long period, with the shortfalls being made up through all/most of the above plus soft loans when things got tough. Sometimes the argument seems to boil down to a false, binary choice between what we’ve all built in the last couple of years and some imaginary sugar daddy. 

Edited by StuartA

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

We'd be at just over 120k if everyone was investing £10/month. If the average investment is £15/month, that amounts to over 180k.

1 hour ago, StuartA said:

Millions into Falkirk AND a short-term sugar rush.......look no further ....Red Bull Falkirk (the right colours too) 

Red Bull.jpg

2 minutes ago, North West said:

You could Falkirk town for £23.87.

So why would anyone put millions into an incomplete stadium next to a petro-chrmical toun?

Genuine question.

Great patter, perfect diction. Never give up - you’re special. 

42 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Just to split hairs, it’s not glaringly obvious that we need more investment. We just need more cash to spend, and always will. Whether that’s commercial, tickets, sponsorship, share issues, tankards, cup runs, transfers, gifts or whatever. The 400k thing is the average annual operating loss over a long period, with the shortfalls being made up through all/most of the above plus soft loans when things got tough. Sometimes the argument seems to boil down to a false, binary choice between what we’ve all built in the last couple of years and some imaginary sugar daddy. 

The Club could do a lot worse than maybe booking some big ticket bands / artists to play multiple gigs at the Stadium before they’re forced to tare up the pitch. Make a few quid out of it while we still can.

Edited by GunnerBairn

22 minutes ago, North West said:

So why would anyone put millions into an incomplete stadium next to a petro-chrmical toun?

Genuine question.f

That's the thing about windups...they don't work if due to your own ahem abilities you fail to get any semblance of a readable paragraph across 

39 minutes ago, North West said:

Genuine question.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What do you think folks? Pished or high? Probably both!