The Falkirk FC Thread

23 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

4:50 onwards, Lang and Sneddon a few weeks away, Nesbitt hopefully back in training this week.

Outstanding. Big invincible Tam made of strong stuff. Imagine him being your backup CB after the season he just had. Wild. 

Edited by Bairnardo

Looking towards the Stenny game, I’d definitely be looking to give starts to the guys who haven’t played a lot of football this season (McCann, Yeats, Shanley etc) but most of the team will be unchanged I’d imagine. It’d also be great to see the young lads like McCrone and Honeyman get some minutes off the bench. Not sure if Honeyman is carrying an injury though, he’s not been in any matchday squad since the final pre-season match. McGlynn never mentions him as one of the injured players in his interviews so not sure what’s going on there.

5 minutes ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

Gonna be really interesting to see where Hendo fits when BSTL returns. Spencer/Tait combo looks set...

As things stand Lang doesn’t get in the team. Wouldn’t be changing Coll or Hendo and wouldn’t be splitting up Tait and Spencer either. 

Yeah we discussed this a few weeks back anyway but neither Hendo nor Coll are droppavle currently. Lang goes into the same bracket as Leon. Could be argued he might be a better player than the guy in the team, but they have the Jersey on merit. 

There’s no real need to rush players back from injury too early. You just end up encountering setbacks, as happened to Nesbit at EE.

The team is pretty much settled at present & playing alright.

6 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Less than 400 of our allocation for Stenny remaining already

The NBP continues to deliver for Scottish football 

I'm hoping the Challenge Cup money is also treated as 'unbudgeted' so McGlynn's player budget would get another boost, on top of the Celtic money.

8 hours ago, BPM said:

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2024/09/03/board-changes/

Good to see good Falkirk fans stepping up. Kenny Jamieson deserves gratitude for his sterling work IMO. Big part of the change in fortunes of the club. 

Read the profiles and all candidates look really good and will no doubt strengthen the Board with their wide and extensive skills.

Mark's retail / sales / event management skills could really put us on a different level to our peers.  Perhaps event management would include re-establishing Falkirk Stadium as a regular and favoured gig venue.

Stuart's background in diplomacy and communications will be valuable. We need a cool head to deal with those donkeys that run Scottish Football, ie, the SFA and SPFL. With Stuart's negotiation skills we could sit down with the SPFL board and discuss the farce that is the 'enforced grass pitch' debacle, and maybe negotiate an extended grace period for it's implementation, if not it's abolition.

Bob should be well connected within Scotland's construction and civil engineering community. So please, Bob, make the East stand your 'project' and help us to construct a multi-purpose stand to be proud of.

Not too much to ask eh lads! 😉

Good luck and all the best at the AGM for your nominations.

Edited by GunnerBairn

9 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

🙌

I’ve had an odd disagreement with Kenny but we should be very grateful for the work he has done for the club and his vision. A major reason why the club’s fortunes have turned around. Stuart Adams will be a great addition to the Board. His morality and critical ideas are fan-based and that is what we want /need. 

7 hours ago, GunnerBairn said:

Bob should be well connected within Scotland's construction and civil engineering community. So please, Bob, make the East stand your 'project' and help us to construct a multi-purpose stand to be proud of.

That is Keith Gourlay’s background too. I suggest there are more important priorities than an East Stand much as we would all like to see it built. 

4 hours ago, Roboccop said:

I’ve had an odd disagreement with Kenny but we should be very grateful for the work he has done for the club and his vision. A major reason why the club’s fortunes have turned around. Stuart Adams will be a great addition to the Board. His morality and critical ideas are fan-based and that is what we want /need. 

Dude I  don’t know Stuart but you seem to so how come I know it’s not Adams? It’s Adam. Or is the club wrong in their announcement. 

1 minute ago, AJ1981 said:

Dude I  don’t know Stuart but you seem to so how come I know it’s not Adams? It’s Adam. Or is the club wrong in their announcement. 

Don't be a typo dick. The guy's read the profiles on the club announcement. He makes no claim to know Stuart Adam.

33 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Don't be a typo dick. The guy's read the profiles on the club announcement. He makes no claim to know Stuart Adam.

Where does it mention morals in the announcements dude? How can you comment on morality when you don’t know someone. Try harder eh. Will you be calling me a reading dick the next time. 

58 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

57 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

22 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

Where does it mention morals in the announcements dude? How can you comment on morality when you don’t know someone. Try harder eh. Will you be calling me a reading dick the next time. 

What a start to this thread today. Happy Wednesday folks.