The Falkirk FC Thread

Really weird game.

Shanley absolutely f**ked his audition, can’t think of one thing he did well.

Total domination even when down to ten men but we really have to be far more clinical in front of goal, the Stenhousemuir keeper had a good game but he shouldn’t have had a chance with some of our efforts.

I really hope that we are looking at getting a forward in on loan can’t see us getting through the season with only McIver up top.

Stenhousemuir took their penalties well but apart from that they were very poor.

At least it wasn’t a league game.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

21 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

The fact we changed  half our side for today's game tells you it isn't top of our priorities.

Granted it won’t be top the same as Stenny . We changed our team today also 

16 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Oh mate. I'm not bothered not because I don't care about the competition but because we are running a very small squad this season and fewer games decrease chance of injury. League is always the priority. Other seasons I would be more fussed. Want to get that chip off your shoulder and calm down? Or are you just that desperate for the praise? 

You have a big squad . Far bigger than Stenny .

No chip mate at all but don’t appreciate downplaying of the competition when you are out . Ask you manager and I’m sure he will be very annoyed not to be going through 

1 minute ago, Ataboy said:

No chip mate at all but don’t appreciate downplaying of the competition when you are out . Ask you manager and I’m sure he will be very annoyed not to be going through 

I don't think anyone was bigging it up before the match though. If it was seen as an important game then the manager and players would be getting pelters tonight but clearly that isnt the case.

I was glad of the absence of giving a shit in the crowd at the end.  I was worried when we eventually lost something there might be a bad reaction, but there really was just a collective shrug.

Just now, Disco Duck said:

I was glad of the absence of giving a shit in the crowd at the end.  I was worried when we eventually lost something there might be a bad reaction, but there really was just a collective shrug.

Thought the fans were good towards the players at the end. Was a strange atmosphere the full game I thought, you just had the feeling it was going to be one of they days.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

I don't think anyone was bigging it up before the match though. If it was seen as an important game then the manager and players would be getting pelters tonight but clearly that isnt the case.

I’m annoyed about Spencer’s injury, Shanley’s performance and what appears to be stupidity from Hendo. All things that could potentially cost us moving forward.

I’m naturally disappointed at losing however if I’m being honest I’m not overly concerned about being out the tournament.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m annoyed about Spencer’s injury, Shanley’s performance and what appears to be stupidity from Hendo. All things that could potentially cost us moving forward.

I’m naturally disappointed at losing however if I’m being honest I’m not overly concerned about being out the tournament.

Safe to say we’ve been through worse of late!

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

This is my thoughts exactly, the biggest concern out of that today was the fact we are seriously lacking cover up front if big Ross gets injured. I would definitely be looking at the loan market.

Fairly poor performance in the end where although we dominated the game we didn't really work stennys keeper enough until the last 20 minutes.

Shanley confirming that he's just not going to cut it for me, was never effective in the game and I've been quite supportive of him getting some game time to see.

McKenna as well looked hopeless. Worth noting we improved significantly when they went off and were replaced by Oliver and McIvor even though we were down to 10 men.

ETA

Stick on red for Hendo from where I was, brings his arm up and blocks the guy across the neck or face.

Their pen looked a dive as well, not convinced Nicky actually touched him. 

Edited by GMBairn

4 minutes ago, Ataboy said:

You sure . We scored in that time and looked more of a threat . All about opinions though 

Your one shot on target outside the pen came well before the subs and therefore our keeper didn't have a save to make. We had far more decent chances second half and hit the bar etc.  The pen was your one attack after your subs came on. 

6 minutes ago, Ataboy said:

We have a squad of 20 first team players with 3 or 4 out. 

Yeah because your "big team" comments in your previous post definitely wasn't indicative of a chip on your shoulder. No one was downplaying the competition either. But everyone here is just very aware what the priority is. Hence not being bothered by being out of it this year. If you actually bothered to take in what people are saying you would have seen that rather than storming in all guns blazing with comments that make no sense and is reflected in absolutely no Falkirk fans. 

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What I've been told was Hendo was just trying to shield the ball and caught the boy completely accidentally. Highlights hopefully clear it up I suppose.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

What I've been told was Hendo was just trying to shield the ball and caught the boy completely accidentally. Highlights hopefully clear it up I suppose.

No chance. Miles away and the camera was never zooming in. 

3 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Fairly poor performance in the end where although we dominated the game we didn't really work stennys keeper enough until the last 20 minutes.

Shanley confirming that he's just not going to cut it for me, was never effective in the game and I've been quite supportive of him getting some game time to see.

McKenna as well looked hopeless. Worth noting we improved significantly when they went off and were replaced by Oliver and McIvor even though we were down to 10 men.

I thought McKenna was okay didn't do much wrong just didn't do anything eye catching . Fine as a squad player.  Certainly wasn't hopeless.