The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Can we please drop the non football nonsense from this tread. If those involved want to carry on the subject start a new thread and go away and give us peace. 

Watch you will get shot down in flames with that idea. I suggested that during the last foundation debate, I even yearned for the One F days of different Falkirk debates.

I know feck all about the Foundation, I do know though that things are going good on the park and as far as I can see the club is being run better just now that it has for a while, for once that makes me very happy.

The Foundation do their work and the club do theirs. I know a few people who benefit from the Foundations work so well done. I also know a large number of people who are benefiting from our club so well done also. I really worry about those who are using their handbags to fight but deny its their handbag that is doing the damage

5 minutes ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

I don't care. 

You cared enough to scroll back 57 pages to bring up a debate that seemed to have died a death a good while ago. 

7 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I think if someone volunteered and said "I'd love to write match reports" there would be plenty of work for them. However, at the moment the people who've come forwarded are all media students whose inclination seems to be producing video content, so that's why the stories that go out tend to have that angle to them. 

We do have media officers but they're both part-time, work far more hours than they get paid for and have more things to do than people on the outside would realise. 

If the club can't get enough people to work as volunteers and there is still a demand for more content, then at some point resources (ie pay) would have to be allocated to the media team. 

I’ll get shot down for this but what do the media officers do? Not meant as a personal dig but see very little output from them other than a few socials posts. Very little written content on the website including no match reports. The last result updated on the fixture list was the Celtic match. They don’t even seem to use many of Bainsford’s photos on social media - Saturday night only had one post with photos from the game.

Just now, BPM said:

You cared enough to scroll back 57 pages to bring up a debate that seemed to have died a death a good while ago. 

It's very much alive. Maybe you've not been told the truth? I didn't scroll by the way, I used the search feature. 

Whilst I agree that this thread isn't exclusively for football and should be used for all club matters, it's beyond f**king tedious to see the same 2 or 3 folk who clearly have personal agendas, allude to actual people without ever naming them, allude to actual occurrences without detailing them, telling others to effectively "do your own research" and generally clog the place up with I know something you don't know cloak and dagger nonsense. 

Honestly have no f**kjng idea what's even being discussed because it's just a procession of thinly veiled digs and accusations. 

Folk need to say what they mean or leave it alone IMO

9 minutes ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

It's very much alive. Maybe you've not been told the truth? I didn't scroll by the way, I used the search feature. 

I have not been told anything. An accusation was made against the Foundation, a serious one.  I have no idea whether it is true or not. You obviously think is not so fair enough. It just needs clarifying 

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Whilst I agree that this thread isn't exclusively for football and should be used for all club matters, it's beyond f**king tedious to see the same 2 or 3 folk who clearly have personal agendas, allude to actual people without ever naming them, allude to actual occurrences without detailing them, telling others to effectively "do your own research" and generally clog the place up with I know something you don't know cloak and dagger nonsense. 

Honestly have no f**kjng idea what's even being discussed because it's just a procession of thinly veiled digs and accusations. 

Folk need to say what they mean or leave it alone IMO

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

26 minutes ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

Really? How's the finances looking? 

Absolutely fine. We've just made a pile of cash off playing Celtic . Before that getting through to the second round of the league cup covered the gap in the finances which Jamie Swinney was very open about so I'm not sure what your on about. It's hardly as if we've been spending money hand over fist. In fact a lot of fans have complained about the lack of spending. It's been a calm and measured approach knowing that anything better than top four is a bonus.  I'd expect a small profit this season especially if crowds remain as good as they are just now. There's very little anyone can really complain about just now.

1 minute ago, BPM said:

I have not been told anything. An accusation was made against the Foundation, a serious one.  I have no idea whether it is true or not. You obviously think is not so fair enough. It just needs clarifying 

It most likely certainly does. They quietly go about their business while others throw mud around. Sad really. 

10 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Absolutely fine. We've just made a pile of cash off playing Celtic . Before that getting through to the second round of the league cup covered the gap in the finances which Jamie Swinney was very open about so I'm not sure what your on about. It's hardly as if we've been spending money hand over fist. In fact a lot of fans have complained about the lack of spending. It's been a calm and measured approach knowing that anything better than top four is a bonus.  I'd expect a small profit this season especially if crowds remain as good as they are just now. There's very little anyone can really complain about just now.

Are they though? The set that were sent out last week certainly don’t make healthy reading. We’ve got very lucky with cup draws this season as Swinney had commented on a podcast earlier in the season that the bank account was now empty so no rainy day fund.

1 hour ago, Dade said:

Sorry, I would be equally as happy just to read about the football but fed up of hearing some of the anti-Foundation stuff. 

It would be nice to read about your thoughts on the football too.

I assume you're a Falkirk supporter, maybe you're not, I don't know? If you are though, I find it strange that you only comment on Foundation matters when the team is playing as they are, getting the results they're getting, playing the football they're playing etc etc.

We have a very important game tomorrow evening, what are your thoughts on how that may go?

6 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Are they though? The set that were sent out last week certainly don’t make healthy reading. We’ve got very lucky with cup draws this season as Swinney had commented on a podcast earlier in the season that the bank account was now empty so no rainy day fund.

Thought Swinney explained extremely frankly and honestly the finance situation year on year on Falkirk Daft. Did you listen to this, and do you disagree with his assessment? 

I find it strange that folk who very rarely post on here, flit in every now and then with negative stuff. It’s like they want us to fail and would be happier if we were stuck in league one playing shite. I suspect they have links to previous boards.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I find it strange that folk who very rarely post on here, flit in every now and then with negative stuff. It’s like they want us to fail and would be happier if we were stuck in league one playing shite. I suspect they have links to previous boards.

They're the ones who've seen it all before and don't want us back in league one. 😉

Recycling season tickets - all very normal. It's fine 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

They're the ones who've seen it all before and don't want us back in league one. 😉

Recycling season tickets - all very normal. It's fine 👍🏻

I was actually party to that, I spoke to the fans liaison officer a few seasons ago and suggested that idea. Loads of clubs do it if fans can’t use ST’s for whatever reason. So that idea means we are in financial shit, holy f**k.