The Falkirk FC Thread

Can't help but feel that Sibbald is really taking the piss now though. He goes on trial with Luton and gets injured . He comes back to us and uses our facilities to get fit again so he can then go back and have another chance with Luton.  He's been a good player and servant for us and good luck to him  if he moves on but at the moment we're pushing the boat out a bit much for him. Let him and his agent sort things out first and then if he signs a contract with us get him back into training etc. We shouldnt be getting him fit for someone else.

Compensation will be a big issue here. I suppose the club maybe feel that he has been such a good servant and has stayed loyal when others have left and we as fans probably don't know if other clubs have been in for him before and he has decided to stay. One thing is definite it needs sorted sooner rather than later.

Is it a two year contract that's on the table? If this Is the case I wonder if Sibbs would sign a years contract if offered in the knowledge that he can leave for nothing at the end of the season.

If this could keep him I would offer it. I feel our chances of winning the league are better with him in the team and it's a risk worth taking allowing him to leave for free at the end of the season.

5 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Could it not be the case that a young nervous player is in two minds about moving away from his home? He will want to see if he can play at a higher level but also be scared of leaving family and friends

He's 21 for fecks sake not 16. I'm afraid he'll never make it in the game if he shites himself about moving to a team an hours flight away.

47 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

This will be the board protecting an asset. Whilst he's not our player we are still entitled to a decent sum for him if he signs for another club. Once he gets fit and plays in a trial for them who knows what will happen if Luton don't fancy him.

That makes sense actually.

39 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Can't help but feel that Sibbald is really taking the piss now though. He goes on trial with Luton and gets injured . He comes back to us and uses our facilities to get fit again so he can then go back and have another chance with Luton.  He's been a good player and servant for us and good luck to him  if he moves on but at the moment we're pushing the boat out a bit much for him. Let him and his agent sort things out first and then if he signs a contract with us get him back into training etc. We shouldnt be getting him fit for someone else.

Or we can be looking at it that if we can keep/get him fit then we will be able to get a nice sum for him if he moves on (less likely to move on if he is injured) or he gets fit with us and still no one signs him, he accepts our offer and we have a fit sibbald in our team ?

I think it's in our best interests to keep him active either way.

Please look up alopecia. Very often stress related

I've spoken to Sibbs a number of times and he does come across as a shy nervous person.

If he's not sure about England he would be better staying. Money isn't everything if you aren't happy.

Sign the contract Sibbs, stay and at the end of it if the Bairns aren't in the Premiership you will be a free agent and I'm sure you could get a move to a Scottish club.

He's be as well signing a 5 years stress free contract with us then.

Probably but as with all young players he will want to see how far he could go whilst at the same time be slightly apprehensive of the changes. He is always being told he could play at a higher level

I've spoken to Sibbs a number of times and he does come across as a shy nervous person.

If he's not sure about England he would be better staying. Money isn't everything if you aren't happy.

Sign the contract Sibbs, stay and at the end of it if the Bairns aren't in the Premiership you will be a free agent and I'm sure you could get a move to a Scottish club.

He will be torn between career and staying with what he knows. You can see in interviews that he isn't the type to be a roving journeymen who naturally settles into anywhere that is providing a higher wage. He will want to see how far he can go in the game ( like most young players) but be a lot more scared

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Don't know if London has a 'Sportsters', so you can understand his hesitation.

It's Luton that are interested mate, not Chelsea.

25 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

That makes sense actually.

Or we can be looking at it that if we can keep/get him fit then we will be able to get a nice sum for him if he moves on (less likely to move on if he is injured) or he gets fit with us and still no one signs him, he accepts our offer and we have a fit sibbald in our team ?

I think it's in our best interests to keep him active either way.

Either way thats going to happen anyway. I would've thought he's have been better training and getting fit with Luton so that they can see what he's about rather than us having to look after him. It was with them that he got injured in the first place.

I can't really understand why he doesn't just sign a one year deal with us unless of course a one year deal isn't on the table. He will then have lots more clubs interested in him this time next season or could sign a pre contract in January. Some of those clubs will be a lot closer to home too and he'll still only be 22.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Either way thats going to happen anyway. I would've thought he's have been better training and getting fit with Luton so that they can see what he's about rather than us having to look after him. It was with them that he got injured in the first place.

They are not having him on trial to see how he good he is at recovering though. I think they would want to trial a player who can perform at his best to try and impress. Not spend time waiting about getting him fit to find out that he's not required anyway.