The Falkirk FC Thread

I can't really understand why he doesn't just sign a one year deal with us unless of course a one year deal isn't on the table. He will then have lots more clubs interested in him this time next season or could sign a pre contract in January. Some of those clubs will be a lot closer to home too and he'll still only be 22.

Has it not been mentioned on here that it's a 2 year deal.

Surely though the subject of a one year deal has been put to him. Knowing the way the Falkirk board are they probably wouldn't entertain the thought of him leaving at the end of next season for heehaw. In my opinion it's a risk worth taking as we would be in a better position to try and get up with Sibbs in the team.

As has been said though this is all guess work as we don't know what is actually going on with Sibbs or from a club perspective.

8 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

They are not having him on trial to see how he good he is at recovering though. I think they would want to trial a player who can perform at his best to try and impress. Not spend time waiting about getting him fit to find out that he's not required anyway.

Yeah so we're having that do it by the looks of things. Obviously Luton aren't as gullible as we are and don't want to spend any time on him when we'll do it for them..

Its obviously only a slight injury. Surely he could go down there for a weeks training and he would be fighting fit by the end of the week I would have thought. He's a free agent so has bags of time on his hands. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah so we're having that do it by the looks of things. Obviously Luton aren't as gullible as we are.

Its obviously only a slight injury. Surely he could go down there for a weeks training and he would be fighting fit by the end of the week I would have thought. 

But we already know what he can do when he is fit, so know that it is in our best interests to keep him that way, whether it's to play for us or to be a sellable asset. 

6 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

But we already know what he can do when he is fit, so know that it is in our best interests to keep him that way, whether it's to play for us or to be a sellable asset. 

He's not going to be match fit by the time the season starts anyway as he won't have kicked a ball in a semi competitive game for weeks. If clubs are that desperate to sign him they'll get him in get him fit and have a good look at him. If he's been training with us he cant be that injured anway.

Don't see a huge issue with him training with us. It's hardly costing us and by keeping him fit we either make him more attractive to those willing to pay the compensation or end the window with him still a Falkirk player and ready to play.

2 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Don't see a huge issue with him training with us. It's hardly costing us and by keeping him fit we either make him more attractive to those willing to pay the compensation or end the window with him still a Falkirk player and ready to play.

He'll be nowhere near ready to play by the close of the window. He needs games and hasn't played any whilst the rest of our squad will have had preseason, league cup and a month of league games under their belt by then.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I take it he has to sign some sort of deal with us for us to be allowed to play him. Apart from the compensation issue is he a free agent. How does it work if he goes to another Scottish club.

pretty sure he can be named as a trialist with anybody,

He'll be nowhere near ready to play by the close of the window. He needs games and hasn't played any whilst the rest of our squad will have had preseason, league cup and a month of league games under their belt by then.

He's had the same pre season training as the rest of our squad minus a couple of bounce games (I include the Stirling game in that category). He's a young, fit guy. It won't take him long at all to get up to speed for the competitive games wherever he is.

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

He's had the same pre season training as the rest of our squad minus a couple of bounce games (I include the Stirling game in that category). He's a young, fit guy. It won't take him long at all to get up to speed for the competitive games wherever he is.

Yes at the moment but we were talking about by the time the window shuts. He'll be a mile behind by then.  

As far as I know you cant play as a trialist in the league cup or in the championship or premier up here.

Yes at the moment but we were talking about by the time the window shuts. He'll be a mile behind by then.  
As far as I know you cant play as a trialist in the league cup or in the championship or premier up here.

I think he'll be signed up by someone before the month is out to be honest, nevermind the window closing. He can't play in the league cup but he could play up to 3 league games as a trialist should he/we wish.

I think he'll be signed up by someone before the month is out to be honest, nevermind the window closing. He can't play in the league cup but he could play up to 3 league games as a trialist should he/we wish.

You can't play trialists in the Championship. I think it changed when the SPFL came into being.

36 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Shadwell is just doing what he does best. The above is 100% correct and pretty simple to understand.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

As has been said though this is all guess work as we don't know what is actually going on with Sibbs or from a club perspective.

Yes we do. James McDonaugh explained it at the weekly press conference yesterday.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/07/18/demand-craig-sibbald-returns-falkirk-now-luton-town-interest-continues/

The monthly contract stuff is shite. Though you could probably have guessed that anyway, given that it came from a rumour page which consistently gets it wrong.

Yes we do. James McDonaugh explained it at the weekly press conference yesterday.
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/07/18/demand-craig-sibbald-returns-falkirk-now-luton-town-interest-continues/
The monthly contract stuff is shite. Though you could probably have guessed that anyway, given that it came from a rumour page which consistently gets it wrong.

Cheers for this, clears things up a bit [emoji106]

I dont think the source of the rumour got it wrong as such I believe that bairns business Twitter is just somebody who thinks it's hilarious to post crap and see who bites. 

Quite the wit they are and I for 1 applaud them for there cutting edge humour.