The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Can't help but feel that Sibbald is really taking the piss now though. He goes on trial with Luton and gets injured . He comes back to us and uses our facilities to get fit again so he can then go back and have another chance with Luton.  He's been a good player and servant for us and good luck to him  if he moves on but at the moment we're pushing the boat out a bit much for him. Let him and his agent sort things out first and then if he signs a contract with us get him back into training etc. We shouldnt be getting him fit for someone else.

Its more in our interest to keep him fit, so dont see a problem with him being around for now.

The best solution would be sign a 2yr contract with a release fee, tho his agent wouldnt be keen on that as it takes away his from his %

I personally think he has to get real, Luton it appears to be the only genuine interested club in paying a fee for him and if he has the ability to make a move happen it will by staying on and proving that. As it stands, he is only dicking about with his own future

Luton still interested in Sibbs, says he is receiving treatment for a Hip injury which kept him out the Luton friendly, think the club is doing the right thing over this but all seems a bit up in the air and dont seem to be any closer to knowing if his future will be with us or elsewhere:

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/07/18/demand-craig-sibbald-returns-falkirk-now-luton-town-interest-continues/

Any more photos of him looking sad? [emoji17]

11 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

In fairness to us, it was all us and we would probably have won but for strong Goalkeeping from Stirling GK and better finishing so I wouldn't be too cocky!!

Whoever wins this will likely qualify for knockout stage with loser relying on being best runner up.

Think you must have been at the wrong game last night. Their keeper was horrid and only had 2 or 3 simple saves to make....

Dominated the second half but we only started looking like scoring in the last 10 mins, which I think is due to the Stirling players being knackered.

Not reading too much into the performance/result as these group games seem to be glorified friendlies and a lot of other teams have had dodgy results so far but if that is our standard for the rest of the season we will be mid table.

Can't help but feel that Sibbald is really taking the piss now though. He goes on trial with Luton and gets injured . He comes back to us and uses our facilities to get fit again so he can then go back and have another chance with Luton.  He's been a good player and servant for us and good luck to him  if he moves on but at the moment we're pushing the boat out a bit much for him. Let him and his agent sort things out first and then if he signs a contract with us get him back into training etc. We shouldnt be getting him fit for someone else.

"He's been a good player and servant for us" is that really as far as you would go? 'Good!' Even for you that is daming with feint praise.

It will cost us buttons to offer him training facilities & whatever he decides to do will be good for us. I hope he stays as I think last season in particular he was superb for us and him and Loy together could be the difference between play offs and the title.

But do describe him merely as 'good' is bullshit.

9 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

"He's been a good player and servant for us" is that really as far as you would go? 'Good!' Even for you that is daming with feint praise.

It will cost us buttons to offer him training facilities & whatever he decides to do will be good for us. I hope he stays as I think last season in particular he was superb for us and him and Loy together could be the difference between play offs and the title.

Agreed. The guys played for us since he was 16. He's been a superb player for us and a great ambassador for our club and youth system.

IMO deserves a bit of respect.

4 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

I've watched Falkirk for over 40 years and he'd be lucky to get into the top 50 best players I've seen in that time so I'm afraid good is as far as he gets with me. Not great, not brilliant, not amazing . Lets face it if he wasn't from Falkirk people wouldn't be getting so sentimental about him. He's played his whole career in the scottish championship and is completely untested at any level above. There's a simple reason why he's struggling to find another side and thats because other teams aren't convinced by him.  His best chance of getting some interest in him would've been to turn it on in the two live televised playoff games last season but he was poor in the away game and first half of the home game. He linked up well with Leahy in the second half but missed his chance if you ask me. A class performance then and he'd have had no problem finding a side in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

FFS now I know you just talk shite, some trolling by the way but your game is up with the above.

How? He's been a decent player for us over the last few years but others in the past have been better and others have played longer.  Falkirk has lost far better players and survived and the team is far more important than Criag Sibbald.  At the moment he's holding up our pre season plans and I'd rather that wasn't the case and we had our squad complete, fit and raring to go.

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

How? He's been a decent player for us over the last few years but others in the past have been better and others have played longer.  Falkirk has lost far better players and survived and the team is far more important than Criag Sibbald.  At the moment he's holding up our pre season plans and I'd rather that wasn't the case and we had our squad complete, fit and raring to go.

would agree he has been good without being fantastic but still think he was our best player last year and if hes stays will be a major player this coming season, and give us a better chance of winning the league

happy for him to be training with us at the moment as if he does decide to stay hes going to be better than anything PH will bring in with the cash

Edited by falkirkzombie

4 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

would agree he has been good without being fantastic but still think he was our best player last year and if hes stays will be a major player this coming season, and give us a better chance of winning the league

happy for him to be training with us at the moment as if he does decide to stay hes going to be better than anything PH will bring in with the cash

I agree but i also don't want it getting in the way of us preparing for an important season which it undoubtedly will do the longer it goes on.We're well covered in the middle of the park so I'd like to think any money available would be spent on other areas like the full back positions.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I agree but i also don't want it getting in the way of us preparing for an important season which it undoubtedly will do the longer it goes on.We're well covered in the middle of the park so I'd like to think any money available would be spent on other areas like the full back positions.

hopefully he sees the light that winning a title with Falkirk would be good for his career, if the 1year deal is on the table, (seems to be a bit of confusion about that) best fit may be for stay here, win the league then f**k off for nothing next summer, he may even want to stay longer if we do get promoted,

45 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

50 players that are better than him ? He has won player of the year twice and made over 200 appearances for the club by the age of just 21. This wasn't because he is from Falkirk. He is undoubtedly one of the best players in this league. Sentiment doesn't even come into it when making a case for wanting him to stay. That's just a glorious bonus.

4 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

50 players that are better than him ? He has won player of the year twice and made over 200 appearances for the club by the age of just 21. This wasn't because he is from Falkirk. He is undoubtedly one of the best players in this league. Sentiment doesn't even come into it when making a case for wanting him to stay. That's just a glorious bonus.

I have never said I didnt want him to stay but as I've said I've seen much better players move on and the club is still here today. He's been one of our best players over the past few seasons yes but then the standard has been pretty poor compared to years past. To younger fans he probably is one of the better players they've seen at Falkirk but not for older fans like myself.

Its important to me that we have our squad complete, fit and ready to go for the 5th of August. Pre season is an important aspect of that . Results and performances in pre season don't matter if we then can't produce the goods when the season league starts. The fact is we can't plan our squad until Sibbald decides what hes going to do. The longer that takes the less options there will be for signing players if he decides to move on and the less match fit and ready to go either he or the players we're bringing in will be.  A quick resolution can only be good for the club and thats all I'm bothered about.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I've watched Falkirk for over 40 years and he'd be lucky to get into the top 50 best players I've seen in that time so I'm afraid good is as far as he gets with me. Not great, not brilliant, not amazing . Lets face it if he wasn't from Falkirk people wouldn't be getting so sentimental about him. He's played his whole career in the scottish championship and is completely untested at any level above. There's a simple reason why he's struggling to find another side and thats because other teams aren't convinced by him.  His best chance of getting some interest in him would've been to turn it on in the two live televised playoff games last season but he was poor in the away game and first half of the home game. He linked up well with Leahy in the second half but missed his chance if you ask me. A class performance then and he'd have had no problem finding a side in my opinion. 

Well I've watched Falkirk for over 50 years and in my opinion Craig would walk into a top 50.

He deserves all the help he is getting from the Club and he owes us nothing. He's Falkirk through and through and I've no doubt if he does leave he'll be back at some stage.

You did say though, that if he wasn't from Falkirk people wouldn't be getting sentimental about him. I think it's the fact he is he best player we have had in the past few years that we want him to stay. Nothing to do with where he is from.

Iv only been going to Falkirk games for 24 years so I guess I missed the 50 players better than him.

1 minute ago, brokeville said:

Well I've watched Falkirk for over 50 years and in my opinion Craig would walk into a top 50.

He deserves all the help he is getting from the Club and he owes us nothing. He's Falkirk through and through and I've no doubt if he does leave he'll be back at some stage.

He's not a patch on the likes of Kingsley for starters who has and will continue to play at a level Sibbald can only dream of. Jay Fulton's another one . I mean Swansea have had scouts sniffing about us for years and have taken what 4 players off us and yet have never shown any interest in Sibbald. 

2 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

You did say though, that if he wasn't from Falkirk people wouldn't be getting sentimental about him. I think it's the fact he is he best player we have had in the past few years that we want him to stay. Nothing to do with where he is from.

Iv only been going to Falkirk games for 24 years so I guess I missed the 50 players better than him.

I'd have the entire 1990/91 side ahead of him for starters .

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Top 50 players probably doesnt take into account acheivements after they move on chief

Eta na f**k it you are right. Botti Biabi >>>>>>> Craig Sibbald.

AMARITE Shadwell????

Only time will tell with the likes of Botti Biabi. Was never overly impressed with him but Swansea must see something in him they don't see in Sibbald.