The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Ayr could well be the straw that breaks the camel’s back. If they come up from the seaside league, and hand us a pasting, then the wee man’s tea is very much oot.

Yes it would not be a great scenario. They are scoring a lot of goals though and their strikers are high on confidence.

7 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I said we need more than 3/4 that we have just now to step up not another 3/4.

I got that, with 3 or 4 turning up weekly still leaves us with 7 or 6 v 11

5 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

The option was Russell v Kidd. I wouldn't take him over Robson.

The others that you mention may end up being better than the players they've replaced whereas we know that those replaced were poor over a far longer period of time. That's essentially why I would take the new guys over them. 

Far to early to judge players who were here for years v players that were here 2mins

Strange tho it is to put a left back v right back

5 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Wasn’t Vaulks and Leahy  his? I agree, Taylor and Farid were handed to him, but it’s looking increasingly like an awful lot have been handed to Hartley, and there certainly isn’t one of the four above named players in the current selection.

Two players Elvis signed and never played aren't really the advocate he has a good eye for a player.

The only good thing I can say about Elvis is he got an experienced spine in the team, which is generally the guide to football management. If you add a bit sauce and spice to a good spine, you have a chance to be successful.

Unfortunately like Hartley, Elvis had the negative bone on his spine and worried more on the opposition rather than attack is the best policy

13 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

I've seen both Harrison and Dallison put the boot into Muirhead, and Lewis looking like someone has shot his cat at the final whistle. They may not have a bond with the club yet, but to suggest they don't care about winning is off. Hard to tell with Paton though, as he's a snarly mess most of the time. That bond sure as hell won't ever happen if they keep getting abuse from the stands. 

Not suggesting that BD. That's why I think a win is so important. 

7 hours ago, oot_the_loop said:

Genuine question, matching this years new signings v their rough equivalent  from last year (either players who have left or players currently not playing regularly ), how many of them do you reckon have improved on what we had?

Fasan v Thompson

Harrison v Grant
Dallison v Watson
Brough v Robson
Russell v Kidd

Paton v Taiwo
Petravicius v Harris
Irving v Sibbald
Greenwood v Hippolyte
Owen-Evans v McKee
Sammut v Welsh
Froxilias v Longridge
Turner v O'Hara 

Lewis v Austin
Mackin v Miller
Haber v Loy

[x16] 

eb980bbbbc912eb5eadd00c768748162--still-game-danger.jpg

Dallison has been piss poor so far. That doesn’t mean however he couldn’t come good considering we’ve only played 2 league games.

So far ( and obviously can change as players settle and get use to the league) I would say the signings who have looked poor or are not an upgrade on what we had are:

Fasan
Dallison
Sammut
Petra
Paton
Lewis
Mackin
TOE
Turner

Are people really saying Petra is not an upgrade on Harris?

I have only seen him against Partick, and attacking wise like the rest he was set up to fail, but I do recall him doing a bit of tracking back and winning a couple of tackles/headers defensively.

Mouse heart never did any of that. Il have Petra despite seeing little of him ahead of a confirmed shitebag please.

16 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

Lewis is a better striker if he gets support, what has Austin done since leaving? 

Score goals in a more successful side, mostly.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Congratulations on the enormity of your success last season and I wish you the best in matching that acheivement this season. 

You and the vast majority of your Falkirk chums wouldn’t given your fanny for ICT’s season last year.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Based on what he's produced so far.. no. 

Both look utter utter shite. 

Harris might actually have marginally more talent. Albeit less baws. 

It's quite impressive that we've scoured Britain and come up with Harris's long lost Lithuanian cousin 

It will go against the grain on this thread but yes, I am saying Petra is not an upgrade on Harris. The Motherwell fans called him the competition winner, I can see why. He may have seven caps for Lithuania, but let’s not forget Lee Wilkie has eleven Scotland caps.

24 minutes ago, Trump said:

It will go against the grain on this thread but yes, I am saying Petra is not an upgrade on Harris. The Motherwell fans called him the competition winner, I can see why. He may have seven caps for Lithuania, but let’s not forget Lee Wilkie has eleven Scotland caps.

I'd say it's about even at the moment. Petra can't beat a man but can run and tackle. Harris can pass the ball but is scared to go near it. 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

You and the vast majority of your Falkirk chums wouldn’t given your fanny for ICT’s season last year.

What's the point in swapping one failure of a season with another, just to finish higher in the league? I could accept swapping if you had gotten promoted, but Meh. 

Guest Back Post Misses
Dallison has been piss poor so far. That doesn’t mean however he couldn’t come good considering we’ve only played 2 league games.

So far ( and obviously can change as players settle and get use to the league) I would say the signings who have looked poor or are not an upgrade on what we had are:

Fasan
Dallison
Sammut
Petra
Paton
Lewis
Mackin
TOE
Turner

Fasan not an upgrade on Thomson? Come on now

Guest Back Post Misses

I have only seen him against Partick, and attacking wise like the rest he was set up to fail, but I do recall him doing a bit of tracking back and winning a couple of tackles/headers defensively.

Mouse heart never did any of that. Il have Petra despite seeing little of him ahead of a confirmed shitebag please.

That is like comparing a hard as brick shite with a doze of the skitters. Both are unpleasant and not good for you