The Falkirk FC Thread

New GK, RB, CB, CM, LM, ST the absolute bare minimum for me if we are to get 9th and 3 of those players have to be in by the end of October if we are to get 8th.

Still think our issues are more in the offensive areas. 5 goals in 9 games and no goals in 6 of them says it all for me.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Everyone sure about McKinnon?

His snubbing of Russell, who at least looks vaguely competent at this level, is a worry.

I like the way he's going about things though. Bringing in Buaban, emptying shite like Mackin and having trialists with a view to signing more before Jan.

He's meeting my expectations. We could have done a lot worse.

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Impossible to tell given the squad he’s inherited.

We were shite before he arrived and we’re still shite. Everything in between is just different shades of brown but ultimately, still shite.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Don’t think anyone can be. Anybody expecting him to really turn our squad into a genuine Championship standard team was dreaming a bit. It’s quite possible that he can get no more from them than anyone either above or below his level of managerial ability.

Its the players he brings in, and the pace at which he can bring them in that will define his time with us. He can cajole and try to organise until he is blue in the face. It won’t make much difference to the current players. 

Still think our issues are more in the offensive areas. 5 goals in 9 games and no goals in 6 of them says it all for me.
I have to agree with you on this. We could improve the defence massively but if we're not threatening up the other end of the pitch then we'll still concede.

11 minutes ago, Rocco said:
2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I have to agree with you on this. We could improve the defence massively but if we're not threatening up the other end of the pitch then we'll still concede.

That, and the fact that if our midfield and attack are actually in possession of the ball, then it’s away from Messrs Harrison Muirhead and Dallison.

Two questions:  1.  If Nile played up front by himself would he be the Lone Ranger?   2.  Do we really want someone who was a suspect in a rape case, has been in trouble with the police many times and has been in prison recently for fraud anywhere near our team?   I don't care how good he may be, that's not a Bairn.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

Two questions:  1.  If Nile played up front by himself would he be the Lone Ranger?   2.  Do we really want someone who was a suspect in a rape case, has been in trouble with the police many times and has been in prison recently for fraud anywhere near our team?   I don't care how good he may be, that's not a Bairn.

The boy hasn’t played in months he will be about as match fit as me!