The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Russ said:

Aye we’ve had him, Haber, Froxylias, Fasan and Paton all who have recent experience of this level or higher and each one has been rank.

We simply need to bring in a higher quality of player and it’s completely irrelevant where the players come from or where they used to play.

Haber clearly has the quality for this level, but there's obviously some other issue. Froxylias hardly played for us. Fasan only played a few games for Kilmarnock last season. Paton hasn't played at this level recently.

I'll certainly be asking the bod at the AGM how much these  deals are costing us.  They won't be leaving from the goodness of their own hearts to sit in the house earning feck all to January. This must be costing us a pretty penny. Don't worry though we'll sell one of our promising youngsters from our academy in january to cover the deficit..............

3 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Haber clearly has the quality for this level, but there's obviously some other issue. Froxylias hardly played for us. Fasan only played a few games for Kilmarnock last season. Paton hasn't played at this level recently.

Haber can't be arsed that's the problem. He in no way wants to play in a relegation battle in the championship. He's be a decent player in a decent side if we were fighting promotion if you ask me but he doesnt want to be here clear and simple.

13 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I'm not a football manager or scout, so no I don't have a list of names who would come to us. However, Martin Woods, Gordon Greer, Massimo Donati, Steven Smith, Gary Fraser, Paul Quinn, Gary Irvine, Jean-Yves M'Voto, Bilel Moshni and Luca Gasparotto are all currently without clubs, and all of whom(even Gasparotto) would be an improvement on the quality and ability we currently have).

Right now Moshni would stroll into our team. 

12 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Aye but better than those two isn’t good enough at this stage.

At this stage we need players who are good enough to keep us in the championship. Gasparotto is more than good enough for a bottom half championship team, so I'd take him all day long.

I have no doubt McKinnon knows not only the names of everyone quoted, but he will also be fully aware of injuries/issues that aren’t in the public domain. On top of that, he clearly knows a few other players that none of us have ever considered.

20 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I have no doubt McKinnon knows not only the names of everyone quoted, but he will also be fully aware of injuries/issues that aren’t in the public domain. On top of that, he clearly knows a few other players that none of us have ever considered.

He might know a lot of names but do you seriously think that anyone even approaching mediocre will want to join Rat and the sinking ship that is  Failkirk.

The same guy who doesn’t rate Mark Russell chucked a two year contract at one goal Bobby Barr so his ability to spot and work with talent is limited. You are doomed. 

Imagine Russell will be leaving us at the end of his deal in December leaving us with a first team squad of 18 plus youth players like Dunne etc. 

GKs - Fasan, Mitchell

Defenders- McGhee, Muirhead, Dallison, Harrison, Robson, Brough

Midfielders- Paton, Petravicius, Sammut, Kidd, Buaben, McKee, Irving

Forwards - Rudden, Haber, Lewis

Who's next to go out of that lot?

Need to have faith that McKinnon will bring in better players than we currently have (shouldn't be difficult) or we are fucked.

Doesn't matter where they come from or what level they have played at. McKinnon is getting them in on trial and looking at them before decisions are made not trusting some scout/agent called Mitchell.

If McKinnon gives players a deal we need to give them a chance.

7 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Imagine Russell will be leaving us at the end of his deal in December leaving us with a first team squad of 18 plus youth players like Dunne etc. 

GKs - Fasan, Mitchell

Defenders- McGhee, Muirhead, Dallison, Harrison, Robson, Brough

Midfielders- Paton, Petravicius, Sammut, Kidd, Buaben, McKee, Irving

Forwards - Rudden, Haber, Lewis

Who's next to go out of that lot?

Rudden and Irving are only on loan until Jan at the moment.