The Falkirk FC Thread

He might know a lot of names but do you seriously think that anyone even approaching mediocre will want to join Rat and the sinking ship that is  Failkirk.
The same guy who doesn’t rate Mark Russell chucked a two year contract at one goal Bobby Barr so his ability to spot and work with talent is limited. You are doomed. 
Fortunately, outwith the little harem of scorned and wounded souls at Morton the rest of us (including Ray McKinnon, his assistant and Mark Russell) all live in the real world, and in the real world we know that money talks, and playing contracts have termination dates, release clauses and numerous other permutations meaning many a footballer might be tempted by a lucrative and risk free offer to try and avoid relegation at Falkirk.

Thanks for your input though. It was as hilariously shite as all of you input has been since we big teamed you out your manager.

Hope Tids and Midge are ok now btw.

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

Haber clearly has the quality for this level, but there's obviously some other issue. Froxylias hardly played for us. Fasan only played a few games for Kilmarnock last season. Paton hasn't played at this level recently.

Haber has the quality for this level has he?  One of those football training dummies on a base that you dribble round has more goal threat than Haber has.  I've never see such a useless striker since Rory Loy's second time with us.  Hell, I'm female, in my 50's, fat and can't play football, I'll give Haber a run for his money.

14 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

My bottom five would be Mehdi Khalis, Taylor Morgan, Owen-Evans, Mackin and Paton probably. Fasan really pushing for a spot there too.

Mehdi Khalis at least gave us a goal up at Pittodrie in the League Cup to enjoy. I was absolutley blootered and enjoyed the goal immensely.

Think he then gave away a late penalty to lose the game for us but who cares.

4 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Mehdi Khalis at least gave us a goal up at Pittodrie in the League Cup to enjoy. I was absolutley blootered and enjoyed the goal immensely.

Think he then gave away a late penalty to lose the game for us but who cares.

Blootered on a Tuesday night in Aberdeen. Classic.

Well seen it was the wee jakey who put the boot in us that night an'awl.

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Fortunately, outwith the little harem of scorned and wounded souls at Morton the rest of us (including Ray McKinnon, his assistant and Mark Russell) all live in the real world, and in the real world we know that money talks, and playing contracts have termination dates, release clauses and numerous other permutations meaning many a footballer might be tempted by a lucrative and risk free offer to try and avoid relegation at Falkirk.

Thanks for your input though. It was as hilariously shite as all of you input has been since we big teamed you out your manager.

Hope Tids and Midge are ok now btw.

Sounds as though your money talked through it’s arse at the start of this season. 

20 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Sounds as though your money talked through it’s arse at the start of this season. 

Aye well, its what - over 30 years since your club was even remotely relevant in Scottish football, thats a lot of arse players you must have seen since the heady days of Roy Baines and Jim Duffy.

Haber could play every minute until the end of the season and fail to score. Genuinely not fucking interested and we are stuck with him, as Dundee don't want to be paying his wages. So we currently have players who can't play and try hard and players that can play but don't try. Brilliant. 

We need a hungry b*****d in defence, one in midfield and one up front. Don't have to be great, but a bit of talent and the hunger to actually use it. f**k, I'd take a Carl Finnegan.

20 minutes ago, Kennedys_Moustache said:

Haber could play every minute until the end of the season and fail to score. Genuinely not fucking interested and we are stuck with him, as Dundee don't want to be paying his wages. So we currently have players who can't play and try hard and players that can play but don't try. Brilliant. 

We need a hungry b*****d in defence, one in midfield and one up front. Don't have to be great, but a bit of talent and the hunger to actually use it. f**k, I'd take a Carl Finnegan.

We had one of those it was Gasparotto just he was too hungry an failed to stop eating..lol 

If Margaret Lang has made an arse of this then she needs to walk.

Having said that, I honestly don't think she will have. She may have contributed to shite footballing decisions, however, law is where her skills lie so I'd expect her to have this all above board

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Haber has the quality for this level has he?  One of those football training dummies on a base that you dribble round has more goal threat than Haber has.  I've never see such a useless striker since Rory Loy's second time with us.  Hell, I'm female, in my 50's, fat and can't play football, I'll give Haber a run for his money.

If you watched rory loy  last season you would think the same though and yet he undoubtedly had the ability to play at this level. If a player cant be arsed it doesn't matter whether they have the ability of Pele they wont be any use to you.

Edited by Shadwell Dog