The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I find it strange that fans claiming that if you don't spend your £200 on a ST you are hurting the club. They maybe should think about the Board who have failed to accept 800 grand that was on offer from the fan ownership scheme. The best part of 500 grand of that could have been in the clubs coffers already if they had followed the timetable for fan ownership agreed unanimously by ALL shareholders in December.

It won't be fans withholding their ST money who have hurt the club, it will be the Board.

So have they knocked back the second offer?

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I find it strange that fans claiming that if you don't spend your £200 on a ST you are hurting the club. They maybe should think about the Board who have failed to accept 800 grand that was on offer from the fan ownership scheme. The best part of 500 grand of that could have been in the clubs coffers already if they had followed the timetable for fan ownership agreed unanimously by ALL shareholders in December.

It won't be fans withholding their ST money who have hurt the club, it will be the Board.

Add in the cost of sacking Hartley, binning his jobbers, the fine and compo for McKinnon and the dent in prize money next season (and possibly beyond) and you're easily into 7 figures.

A few fans withholding season ticket money is a drop in the ocean compared to their fuckups.

26 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Add in the cost of sacking Hartley, binning his jobbers, the fine and compo for McKinnon and the dent in prize money next season (and possibly beyond) and you're easily into 7 figures.

A few fans withholding season ticket money is a drop in the ocean compared to their fuckups.

Of course if the board were as bad as everyone is making out then we wouldn't have had Hartley, they wouldn't have tried to change anything in an attempt to go up and would have given houstie a few quid to get a couple of players and continue how we were going. They also wouldn't have taken action to get rid of Hartley knowing we'd be throwing money at getting new players in either in an attempt to stay up, backing your managers is hardly the sign of a terrible board! We have failed on the football side of things and seeing none of us seen this coming how were our (presumably non psychic) board supposed to have seen what Hartley did coming? Again I will say the board have made some massive blunders but they're being crucified for Hartley's mistakes, not their fault unless you want the BOD interfering with the football side of the club!

Love our boys sometimes, a few pages ago there was shouts that Broadwood is a great away game. Now got someone saying achieving 3rd in the top tier and QUALIFYING FOR EUROPE isn’t a big achievement.

It’s going to be a long season and it’s not even started yet.

19 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Of course if the board were as bad as everyone is making out then we wouldn't have had Hartley, they wouldn't have tried to change anything in an attempt to go up and would have given houstie a few quid to get a couple of players and continue how we were going. They also wouldn't have taken action to get rid of Hartley knowing we'd be throwing money at getting new players in either in an attempt to stay up, backing your managers is hardly the sign of a terrible board! We have failed on the football side of things and seeing none of us seen this coming how were our (presumably non psychic) board supposed to have seen what Hartley did coming? Again I will say the board have made some massive blunders but they're being crucified for Hartley's mistakes, not their fault unless you want the BOD interfering with the football side of the club!

The point isn’t necessarily about last season. It’s slow, continuous decimation over a number of years. This wasn’t a shock, this was slow painful and obvious for all to see coming. 

They almost got out of the woods, but didn’t and now they need to accept that they have got us here, not the fans who have backed the team always, but them. They made decisions that meant we were unable to get out championship for ten years. 

25 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Love our boys sometimes, a few pages ago there was shouts that Broadwood is a great away game. Now got someone saying achieving 3rd in the top tier and QUALIFYING FOR EUROPE isn’t a big achievement.

It’s going to be a long season and it’s not even started yet.

Yep, finishing third and qualifying for the Europa is a massive achievement for anyone outside Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts IMO.

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I was lumping Lang and Campbell into those responsible for costly mistakes (should have worded that better). The point about fans hurting the club financially by not renewing still stands; those above us have done much worse.

So have they knocked back the second offer?

They haven’t knocked back any offer. Like Brexit they keep kicking the can down the road.

Really?

Knee Jerk Reaction, you need to get some cream for your knees,as maybe Rigor mortis has set in if you can’t see the club being run into the ground by the board.

Were we running into the ground when we got to only our 5th Scottish cup final under this board? Were we running into the ground when we split hibs and rangers? We come up against a hibs team that went on to win the cup, rangers team that were far better than a normal championship side, we've had hearts down in the last few years, any other time and we would've been up under this board. And again that's not to say they've been great, closing the academy, racism statement etc..

I've been on my knees lots, yet to get a complaint :thumsup2

1 hour ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Knee Jerk Reaction, you need to get some cream for your knees,as maybe Rigor mortis has set in if you can’t see the club being run into the ground by the board.

charlie nicholas-esque

I actually do think the board should go, sell out to the best deal for our clubs future. There is to big a divide between the board and the majority of our support now. It's just that I think clubs  can be well run, do good things and still get it wrong on the pitch. We're not the first or only club to go down into a smaller league, we won't be the last either, we also won't be the first or last to hit above our weight either, our time will come #COYB.

I actually do think the board should go, sell out to the best deal for our clubs future. There is to big a divide between the board and the majority of our support now. It's just that I think clubs  can be well run, do good things and still get it wrong on the pitch. We're not the first or only club to go down into a smaller league, we won't be the last either, we also won't be the first or last to hit above our weight either, our time will come #COYB.

When did we last hit above our weight?

Doing well or doing badly is a bit of a cyclic affair for small clubs, but we always seem to be the club that’s happiest doffing it’s cap to the bigger guys.

i doubt Roy’s Cash are run much better than we are, but Roy’s Cash buys things at Championship level that most can’t match. His 500k a season input isn’t enough to put a meaningful dent in the top flight though.

St Johnstone seem to be the best model out there. Significantly smaller than FFC, but there can be little doubt that they plan ahead in a much more structured way than we do. We just seem to live in the moment, lurching from one trouble to the next.

There is no silver bullet to our woes, but there simply must be a better way of going about things. ML and CC truly have gotten near enough everything they have touched horribly wrong. Knee Jerk was on about the BoD not being involved in the “football side of the club”. They appoint the manager in the first place........if they haven’t gotten skin in the game, then who does?

George Craig and Paul Hartley are the only two who in recent times were effectively given the keys to the sweetie shop. On both occasions, it has turned into a clusterfuck.

If we believe it can’t be done any other way because that’s “interference”, then that is also saying there is no room for improvement other than that provided by Lady Luck.