The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Branch Ton said:

Devilishly clever strategy. You appoint a manager and his cronies based on their  extensive knowledge of the player pool. They get you relegated so, with one year left on their deals, you give them a free hand to award expensive contracts to journeymen who played under Ray before. At a cost we'll over what  any reasonably competent manager would need to cream the pub teams you will be up against in a seaside league. Slow learning seems to be a thing at Failkirk. 

At least you know how to waste money. 

Do you know what? Virginton is an obnoxious, self-important, egotistical, abusive, hateful, bigmassivecock of a person. Furthermore, I don't like him.

You though are just sad. Away and haunt somewhere else.

Sorry lads, missed the boat with the Cammy Bell signing...

Laughing-Goose.gif.d2ef2a3c1cc69ce9edc098796dee5eff.gif

Seems like some tidy business getting done overall though. Your squad seems better than the magical mystery tour bunch that rocked up last season. 

11 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Sorry lads, missed the boat with the Cammy Bell signing...

Laughing-Goose.gif.d2ef2a3c1cc69ce9edc098796dee5eff.gif

Seems like some tidy business getting done overall though. Your squad seems better than the magical mystery tour bunch that rocked up last season. 

Yes.

Unlike this time, last summer they signed players that nobody yet knew to be shite.

21 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

We’ve just signed Tommy Robson. Is he any good?

As others have said, if you play him as  a LWB you'll absolutely love him. Good pace, strength, skill and a good crosser of the ball. Got a decent shot on him too.

Not so good at full back, although I don't think his defending is as bad as some have made out. He's OK in a one to one situation when somebody's trying to get past him, not afraid of a tackle and tends to win most of those situations I would say. His positional sense is lacking though and he sometimes panics a wee bit in tight situations which led to us losing a couple of goals last season due to him hitting the ball across his own box. I do think the deficiencies could be coached out of him though.

I think he would have torn L1 apart as a wing back and was really the only player that we lost that I was bothered about losing TBH.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

We can do tattoos if the Ken look isn’t for you. Look, Bairnardo has jumped ship already:

I’ll delete that as wasn’t meant to be in bad taste - just reference to size rather than anything else.

Intended recipient knew your intentions were pure(ish)

6 fingered c**t

Morton fans seem to be utterly obsessed with a team who are one division lower than them. Maybe they should stick to their own thread rather than trying to rip into us for signing half of their team. It's cute they are so interested in our dealings. Anyone know who Morton have signed so far? I sure as hell don't 😂

As others have said, if you play him as  a LWB you'll absolutely love him. Good pace, strength, skill and a good crosser of the ball. Got a decent shot on him too.
Not so good at full back, although I don't think his defending is as bad as some have made out. He's OK in a one to one situation when somebody's trying to get past him, not afraid of a tackle and tends to win most of those situations I would say. His positional sense is lacking though and he sometimes panics a wee bit in tight situations which led to us losing a couple of goals last season due to him hitting the ball across his own box. I do think the deficiencies could be coached out of him though.
I think he would have torn L1 apart as a wing back and was really the only player that we lost that I was bothered about losing TBH.

I also don’t think he was as bad defensively as commonly read on here, decent tackling for me and his speed to get back helped and imo could play as a four.

The only shortfall (see what I did there) for me was lack of height in the box defensively at set pieces.

Anyway he’s gone now, although be interesting to see how he gets on at Thistle.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I cant believe Andy Nelson and Tommy Robson are both playing in Scotland but not for us emoji20.png

Look on the bright side we could have Dennon Lewis and Dallison still.

Edited by AL-FFC

1 hour ago, Falkirkbairn90 said:

Morton fans seem to be utterly obsessed with a team who are one division lower than them. Maybe they should stick to their own thread rather than trying to rip into us for signing half of their team. It's cute they are so interested in our dealings. Anyone know who Morton have signed so far? I sure as hell don't 😂

There's been one fuckin post on the Morton thread since last Wednesday! Don't know how many times Morton posters have posted in here since then but it's a hell of a lot more than one!

Thankfully they couldn't care less about us though!

22 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Can't help feeling there's more to the robson thing than meets the eye.  Hartley seemed to go off him the longer he was with us and he signed him and mckinnon never rated him either.  

I wouldn't put much store in Hartley not fancying a player, to be fair. The fact it continued after McKinnon arrived may well suggest that there was something deeper going on. What it was, outside rumour, I have no idea though.

3 hours ago, Falkirkbairn90 said:

I'm no Morton fan, but I've got to say they've totally won here, and the ongoing efforts of some Falkirk fans on here to claim otherwise, are utterly hilarious.

Just accept that you improperly poached their manager, gloated about it, then got relegated.  Meanwhile they stayed up, ultimately comfortably.

Of course you're getting ripped for it.  Grow up and take it on the chin.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm no Morton fan, but I've got to say they've totally won here, and the ongoing efforts of some Falkirk fans on here to claim otherwise, are utterly hilarious.

Just accept that you improperly poached their manager, gloated about it, then got relegated.  Meanwhile they stayed up, ultimately comfortably.

Of course you're getting ripped for it.  Grow up and take it on the chin.

That's certainly one way of looking at it.

The other way of looking at it is that some of them are still so damaged by it that they are permanent residents of neverland, with virginton as Peter Pan, where Douglas Rae never passed away and everything is rosy. It's a lovely place where the club has money, everyone wants to play for them, Tidser is in his testimonial season and they almost got promoted.

In the BranchTon private server, Rudden signed for them on loan and scored 35 goals in the season they won the Scottish Cup.

But they really, really don't care.

Remember that point, as it's apparently very important. They. Don't. Care.

There's been one fuckin post on the Morton thread since last Wednesday! Don't know how many times Morton posters have posted in here since then but it's a hell of a lot more than one!
Thankfully they couldn't care less about us though!
Same on twitter, they feel the need to comment on Falkirk related tweets. Good job they don't care though.