The Falkirk FC Thread

we must have the most greeting faced auld tadgers than any club in Scotland honestly. Fair enough be skeptical, but it seems like they are c***s on here and tbe fan page who actually want us to fail and there to be a problem, nothing wrong with showing some optimism for once.

47 minutes ago, sick boy said:

who's that?

Here you go.

https://www.auchinlecktalbot.com/players/keir-samson/

Think he might have a Saudi Arabian background, he says he is 22 but looks about 45. (for our older readers who might remember the 1989 under 16's youth cup final, Saudi Arabia vs Scotland)

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Regardless who took over the club they are going to have some sort of agenda, the only thing we do know is the current lot have took the club as far as they are willing to go, got to thank them for putting up the shortfall in cash to allow players to come in though season not even started and 3 players down.  Even JP said we have no chance of winning the league with 18 players.

Put in shortfall in cash - you are having a laugh? They had cash in the bank at the end of the season, money from 2000 ST's and the first payment for Vaulks. They have not have to put a brass dime in yet. The hole in the cash won't hit until the end of the year probably.

We need a fourth stand, we need a completed stadium. We need to look like proper football club. An open end is disgrace.
If this guy builds us a fourth stand and nothing else, he’ll be a bone fide Falkirk hero in my eyes. 
I can also see why the MSG went for this guy over BTB, we all need hope, not 1500 people making up the Sandy Alexander soft loan money 

Don't understand your SA comment? SA doesn't have any loans in the business now.

44 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Put in shortfall in cash - you are having a laugh? They had cash in the bank at the end of the season, money from 2000 ST's and the first payment for Vaulks. They have not have to put a brass dime in yet. The hole in the cash won't hit until the end of the year probably.

Sorry BPM, I was being sarcastic on that one in case any of them read this, I fine well know they have not and never intended to put any more money in,  why would you shows how much regard they have for the club.. sooner they are gone the better.

I havent seen anyone contemplate the threats to the club if we have no change btw.

2 years ago id have said the main threat posed was continued failure to get promoted.

Now, we have been led to League 1, with no academy, a dwindling bank balance and a board/MSG who have had enough because the fans had the temerity to hold them accountable.

Despite having a very good 11, we have a meagre squad, so where would a conceivable 2 seasons down here put us? Likely in debt, which then opens up the spectre of debtors.

Lets not let the faint whiff of smoke distract us from the fact that the frying pan is getting pretty fucking hot

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I havent seen anyone contemplate the threats to the club if we have no change btw.

2 years ago id have said the main threat posed was continued failure to get promoted.

Now, we have been led to League 1, with no academy, a dwindling bank balance and a board/MSG who have had enough because the fans had the temerity to hold them accountable.

Despite having a very good 11, we have a meagre squad, so where would a conceivable 2 seasons down here put us? Likely in debt, which then opens up the spectre of debtors.

Lets not let the faint whiff of smoke distract us from the fact that the frying pan is getting pretty fucking hot

Without a change in ownership and a squad the size we have by some miracle we managed to escape this league with the squad we have and the current owners in place we are treading water and going no where i would even go so far to say Premiership would be even further away.  Any prospective new owner is going to be a risk as we have got so accustomed of being shafted by previous owners and current.

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Without a change in ownership and a squad the size we have by some miracle we managed to escape this league with the squad we have and the current owners in place we are treading water and going no where i would even go so far to say Premiership would be even further away.  Any prospective new owner is going to be a risk as we have got so accustomed of being shafted by previous owners and current.

Yeah, I agree. My point was that I think we are facing an existential threat in the current setup. 

This might be the coffee company (taken from the NY state trade register):

Selected Entity Name: BROOKLYN COFFEE COMPANY, LLC
Selected Entity Status Information
Current Entity Name: BROOKLYN COFFEE COMPANY, LLC
DOS ID #: 5137069
Initial DOS Filing Date: MAY 15, 2017
County: QUEENS
Jurisdiction: NEW JERSEY
Entity Type: FOREIGN LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
Current Entity Status: ACTIVE

Selected Entity Address Information
DOS Process (Address to which DOS will mail process if accepted on behalf of the entity)
BROOKLYN COFFEE COMPANY, LLC
9252 KENNEDY BOULEVARD
UNIT 208
NORTH BERGEN, NEW JERSEY, 07047

3 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

This might be the coffee company (taken from the NY state trade register):

Selected Entity Name: BROOKLYN COFFEE COMPANY, LLC
Selected Entity Status Information
Current Entity Name: BROOKLYN COFFEE COMPANY, LLC
DOS ID #: 5137069
Initial DOS Filing Date: MAY 15, 2017
County: QUEENS
Jurisdiction: NEW JERSEY
Entity Type: FOREIGN LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
Current Entity Status: ACTIVE

Selected Entity Address Information
DOS Process (Address to which DOS will mail process if accepted on behalf of the entity)
BROOKLYN COFFEE COMPANY, LLC
9252 KENNEDY BOULEVARD
UNIT 208
NORTH BERGEN, NEW JERSEY, 07047

What does this tell us?

18 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

What does this tell us?

1) Not too much, for more details you need to pay

2) There is an active company registered in NY, but trades beyond state lines within the US (that is the definition of a Foreign LLC)

3) A law firm was used in the registration of the company

Just sharing some information which may be useful. It does not make me any more or less suspicious. What I am trying to do though is also curb my enthusiasm for Saturday. I had plenty of it last year and well, need I say more?

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Don't understand your SA comment? SA doesn't have any loans in the business now.

At the moment, but we’ve been using his cash ( on decent terms for him) as a big help in difficult times. Like a parent helping their kids with loaning cash a week before pay day. 

all I really seen BTB as, the transfer of bank of last resort from the few to the many but with added fan engagement.

if this offer is legit and it’s a big IF then you cannot blame the MSG for giving it a go, BTB will hopefully always be there. 

I have been reading this stuff on Mark Campbell for days and just can't get my head around it.

He's came out of nowhere really, the details on his wealth are non existent and his business interests sketchy at best , I mean every business has a website right? I am sorry an explanation like I had a messy divorce so I have no online proof of any of my businesses. 

It seems to me he has a good read at forums like this , as he seems to have loads of time on his hands responding to individuals on Twitter multiple times, and identified every pain point for supporters, promised to fix them and deliver every single thing on their wish list - which will run into tens of millions !!! Where is he getting this money?

On John Park , he brought in some great talent , mostly from overseas, to sign for CELTIC  - these guys were promised a springboard to the EPL or Champions League which Celtic can provide and on a decent wage , they ain't going to come to Falkirk and I doubt we are going to make millions from player sales. I do admit his presence gives Campbell some credibility and would be good for the club regardless.  

I keep hearing we have no assets , but what are the land around the stadium. North Stand and part of the Main Stand if they are not assets - that someone can use to borrow against to build stuff, re-open academies, buy players or even buy the club. We don't know a single thing about his wealth or business , it would not be a stretch for him to hide something like this.

I don't want to pour cold water on it all , I want the BOD out , but I am outside the bubble and from here this guy looks either  deluded or a bit dodgy . I have seen over the years characters ride into football clubs on the premise of being "football fans" promising the earth but it only ending in disaster - I really hope Mark Campbell is not one of them and is just a well meaning secret millionaire, and for once we have lucked out.

The transcript from the Q&A answers none of the concerns, it was really just a charm offensive.

This BOD better be dong the right thorough checks, and he's not just opened an account with TicketUs     

(PS - He's probably reading this right now)