The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairney Rubble said:

My take on it is that he is looking to invest in the whole club for 7 to 10 years, in his words, take nothing out and then sell up when the time is right. That is when he will see the profit. Problem will be the price he will be looking for then will be well more than a btb style bid could afford if he builds all his developments. That will be when the wheels come off. He did say let's enjoy it together! Remember he is a property developer who sells stuff for profit!

What profit though? You can't possibly make a profit from selling Falkirk in 10 years time having invested 10m say. 

You'd be lucky to get the same price you paid for the shares now. 

All seems very strange.

What profit though? You can't possibly make a profit from selling Falkirk in 10 years time having invested 10m say. 
All seems very strange.

It’s potentially not like for like though.

Currently we own 1/3 of the main stand, the pitch & the north stand.

In 10 years time, we could own much more than that.

9 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

It’s potentially not like for like though.

Currently we own 1/3 of the main stand, the pitch & the north stand.

In 10 years time, we could own much more than that.

Aye, maybe. I think Kilmarnock have a hotel at their ground that makes money?

If it is all about the land around the stadium then surely it doesn't matter a f**k if we're in the top league or the seasides...?

Well worth reading if you haven't already. Must say the herald are doing a good job of covering the club recently (online anyway, I haven't read a paper one in years).

If Edi shows up again the c**t needs properly hounded.

15 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:

I don't think the posts attributed to him were from Edi.

He spent a lot of time on different subjects - love for Sheps, hate for O Hara, ITK stuff, slagging off fan ownership - but his central theme that he always came back to was defending the BOD / MSG.

All of the recent new posters have slaughtered the BOD / MSG decision to award Mark Campbell preferential bidder status. If those were from Edi then his opinions have turned 180 degrees in the opposite direction.

Unless of course he's a genuine troll / WUM, in which case he's just a sad loser.  

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

Question for those shareholders on here - if MC were to offer for your shares at the same price the MSG are getting (not that I know what that is) would you sell?

Nope.

4 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Another question to shareholders. Would you consider selling your shares to BtB?

With adequate protections in place, I would donate my pittance.

I don't think the posts attributed to him were from Edi.
Unless of course he's a genuine troll / WUM, in which case he's just a sad loser.  
[\quote]

The last bit. Whatever causes a stir. He has a proven track record of being an utter snake. I'd say hound Edi just to be sure.

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

A fair point.  A slightly different question - if he had to secure say 90% of shares (iirc you can force the last 10% to sell), or he walks away - would you sell then?

(Hypothetical, I should emphasise)

Not sure about the share structure, but if Campbell was to get the suggested 70% and the BtB were stewards and representatives of the fans for most of the remainder, he'd be wise to give them a voice or two on the board. Nothing like moving forward together with local knowledge. And there would be someone around who hasn't fled the country to blame if it all goes tits up.

He did say he wanted to heal the division between fans and club the only way to do that is get shot of all responsible for the farcical state we are in, the only one to have earned his wage is KK (i really hope he hasnt got a middle name of Keith or Kenneth or anything else begining with K ..lol)

Does anyone know anything about the trialist starting tomorrow? Is he just a bench filler as the current BoD aren't going to let Ray sign anyone else just now?

If there's any delay in the MC bid, are they seriously going to let us play 19 matches minimum before anyone else comes in? That to me is yet another black mark against them.

52 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:

Well worth reading if you haven't already. Must say the herald are doing a good job of covering the club recently (online anyway, I haven't read a paper one in years).

Hard to remember everything that is said at these events but that summary does confirm that he's dodged a couple of questions.

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Hard to remember everything that is said at these events but that summary does confirm that he's dodged a couple of questions.

Regardless who took over the club they are going to have some sort of agenda, the only thing we do know is the current lot have took the club as far as they are willing to go, got to thank them for putting up the shortfall in cash to allow players to come in though season not even started and 3 players down.  Even JP said we have no chance of winning the league with 18 players.

Can I put a question out there? Would anyone be unhappy with The Brooklyn Coffee Co Falkirk Stadium in exchange for the club owning the main stand outright?

PS I've put no thought into the value of such a deal, just puting it out there as a hypothetical. Having the stadium name would be a decent investment if he has eyes on expanding that brand over here. We're already getting a branded coffee shop, so seems he is keen to.

Bit like buying an old dilapidated house and transforming it into a mansion. Will end up being worth more than he spent on it. His main problem will be dealing with the council.

All seems very strange.

1 minute ago, mic_17_uk said:

Can I put a question out there? Would anyone be unhappy with The Brooklyn Coffee Co Falkirk Stadium in exchange for the club owning the main stand outright?

PS I've put no thought into the value of such a deal, just puting it out there as a hypothetical. Having the stadium name would be a decent investment if he has eyes on expanding that brand over here. We're already getting a branded coffee shop, so seems he is keen to.

I’d be happy with the Edibairn is God stadium if it got shot of the council. 

5 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:

Was thinking this today. Fully expect the stadium to be rebranded. More along the lines of his first chance to bring in some money.