The Falkirk FC Thread

From what I’ve seen, we are going to have a hard job of winning this league, and quickly need to massively improve from what we have shown to date.

The keepers and defence are adequate and won’t loose too many goals at this level. There’s even a case that we could play three at the back at this level. 

Every thing in front of them is the problem. We lack pace in midfield and no one is prepared to take control of this area. 

IMO Gomes should play at the base of a diamond and Tidser ( who has been most disappointing up to now at the front of the diamond, behind the forwards.  Telfer  with either Connelly  left or McLean right.  I wouldn’t have McShane starting. The midfield must play football on the deck against opponents at this level, as they are better footballers than most of their opponents. Start playing the ball off the deck and you concede advantage to the opposition.

Up front if you go with Sammon and McMannus they need to play close together, not having McManus going wide.

What we do lack is a player the opposition dislike that can create something from nothing and creates a bit excitement. 

The bottom line is we need to have a go and play fast on the deck football.

15 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

What makes you think they're shite?

Longbridge looks finished. Obvious why he didn't last long in fife. The boy moore looks out of his depth and has no left foot and I'm not sure the boy Miller is what we need. We've been piss poor the last few weeks and yet moore still cant get a game.

No idea why he signed johnstone either. Ok hes proven hes fit but hes proven feck all else.

Edited by Shodwall cat

27 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Longbridge looks finished. Obvious why he didn't last long in fife. The boy moore looks out of his depth and has no left foot and I'm not sure the boy Miller is what we need. We've been piss poor the last few weeks and yet moore still cant get a game.

No idea why he signed johnstone either. Ok hes proven hes fit but hes proven feck all else.

I thought Longridge looked better on Saturday. Haven't seen enough of the rest to comment and we may not see any of them get enough game time to form an opinion. He still needed to bring players in to fill out the squad though.

He's not finished, he's only 28!

Fecks sake. People have been on holiday innit.

Bit of a delay to get the deal done/over the line. Give it two weeks before we seek an extension of another two weeks. Nothing can be done until we score in two consecutive away games.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Fecks sake. People have been on holiday innit.

Bit of a delay to get the deal done/over the line. Give it two weeks before we seek an extension of another two weeks. Nothing can be done until we score in two consecutive away games.

that will be in six months then

Listen I think you are all being overly harsh on Ray! Make no bones about it this league is going to be tough. A new team needs time to gel. Listen, Ray will lead us eventually to a 15 game unbeaten run that any Scottish manager would be proud to print on LinkedIn! Keep the faith!

Looking at some of the late moves that's happened at the end of the window, just goes to prove how much of a sorry state we are in (example being Kiltie to Pars etc). Great move for the Pars.

Were currently stuck with Rays experienced,slow old guard and his boring tactics.

After suffering the game on Saturday and as has been said previously on here I'm genuinely worried as to what rock bottom will look like. 

#slowlyslippingintotheabyss.

6 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

In the good old days we would have brought some academy players into the squad  , blooded them in some games and merged them into the first team.

Now we are stuck padding out the squad with other's clubs' cast-offs to make up the numbers.

Sad really.

#he'soneofourown 

Looking at some of the late moves that's happened at the end of the window, just goes to prove how much of a sorry state we are in (example being Kiltie to Pars etc). Great move for the Pars.
Were currently stuck with Rays experienced,slow old guard and his boring tactics.
After suffering the game on Saturday and as has been said previously on here I'm genuinely worried as to what rock bottom will look like. 

Mind we are in league one though. Bit romantic to think Kiltie or DKD or any of these guys would be coming to us really.

I'm not buying this slow reverse back to "we have a squad of lazy signings and filler" type stuff either. The players are more than good enough to win the leagie and even if you disagree with that, theres no arguing that they are capable of producing better than turgid shite on a matchday. We know this because they showed us v Dumbarton.

All of this points to Ray being the problem. Its a shame because I hate turning on players/managers but its too difficult to argue against.

5 hours ago, Sgt Bilko said:

20 players.

5 over 30, 8 who are under 25 and  average age of 26.9.

While a lot of them have been around a while, that doesn't make them old.

20 players.
5 over 30, 8 who are under 25 and  average age of 26.9.
While a lot of them have been around a while, that doesn't make them old.

Aye but most are shite if they are 18 or 32