The Falkirk FC Thread

On 31/08/2019 at 13:28, HopeStreetWalker said:

When Mark Campbell said he was not in it for the money he destroyed his credibility in six words.

Nobody does anything in business out the goodness of their heart. They want a return, its what is called putting in an investment.

If he had said for example. We will buy the stadium outright and the surrounding land. There will be a 4th stand/hotel built to complete the stadium. The resulting sporting complex will work 7 days a week as an income generator.

Youth academy started learning from what we did well in the past and what we did wrong. So we can produce home grown players that comparable clubs in the central belt have produced like Motherwell and Kilmarnock.

Once the club is in the black and on a sound financial footing I will take  ? % of the profits every year and x amount when I sell up.

Now that is credible, fair and realistic. Most of the support would have bought into it. But No he came up with the unbelievable statement he was not in it for the money ! aye right.

I would disagree to a certain extent. I dont think the likes of Man Citys or chelseas owners are making any money out of owning them.  Some people just want to own a football club . I'm not saying for a minute thats the case with Campbell but very few individuals make money out of owning football teams.

27 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I would disagree to a certain extent. I dont think the likes of Man Citys or chelseas owners are making any money out of owning them.  Some people just want to own a football club . I'm not saying for a minute thats the case with Campbell but very few individuals make money out of owning football teams.

They are indeed  earning money but  by washing money from elsewhere

4 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

Probably a silly question but I'm wondering if we'll see any movement before the transfer window shuts tonight, especially if Bell is out for any period of time. 

European transfer window day. We could sell someone to a European club (and pigs could fly), but don’t think we could sign anyone other than a free agent. 

14 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Give it to Mark Kerr. Young, hungry and with a connection to the club.

Well I suppose he did help start this whole mess, let him clear it up, & while we're at it get Miller back too. Their mates have all gone now, let's see how they get on.

16 hours ago, Russ said:

His stubbornness to drop a select few players, incapable of making a positive substitution and no idea how to set up a team to attack are all going to cost us.

Very much the same as last season with failure gained, play offs beckon with him seeing out the season

15 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Give it to Mark Kerr. Young, hungry and with a connection to the club.

I'd like Lee miller for cameo last 20 mins from the bench role also a coach like we had under Coyle and Yogi era when Brian Rice was that man.

13 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

He'll win us the league by shitfesting then land another job on the back of this 'success', claiming he was hard done by.

Given the state of the club, I'd accept this scenario as long as he isn't in charge next season.

Love your optimism, my tuppence is we are heading for the play offs under Ray

11 hours ago, TxRover said:

Given Ray’s history, you’ll likely take second behind Forfar, East Fife or Raith, and then get gubbed in the playoffs. But Ray will insist he “did his job”, and that the team players, supporters and management crippled his attempt to gain promotion. Then he’ll somehow slither into the Partick or Dunfermline job when they fall down to League One, because that’s what teams do.

Ray will be lucky to get a part time gig post Falkirk, a club that will see this serial failure as a big name

I think Ray will win us the league but, it won't be convincing. If we get promotion then he'll have us mid table at best, which is why I think we need to bin him and look for someone new.

Ian McCall plays exciting, attacking football and has been a success with Ayr whilst playing that way. We need someone in his mould

2 minutes ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

http://rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news/archive/breaking-news-armstrong-departs-ross-county/

was he no smashing this league last year...out and out winger, perhaps what we need

He's already pished the remains of his  budget away I'm afraid on a centre mid he sees as a defender, a left sided midfielder with no left foot and a poor imitation of the louis longridge we had two seasons ago.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's already pished the remains of his  budget away I'm afraid on a centre mid he sees as a defender, a left sided midfielder with no left foot and a poor imitation of the louis longridge we had two seasons ago.

Someone get on twitter...with MC so confident of the takeover, have him release emergency funds the now to get it over the line

Just now, Falkirkfan1985 said:

Someone get on twitter...with MC so confident of the takeover, have him release emergency funds the now to get it over the line

Would you trust the clown with any more money? He's already got a budget that swamps the other clubs in this league.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Genuine question - which clubs in Scotland actually turn a profit?

Celtic obviously , and I believe we did until very recently.

I am sure I read most in the Premiership now cut their cloth accordingly , apart from Sevco of course,  but I would think no-one in the Championship - but that's only a guess. 

11 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

I am sure I read most in the Premiership now cut their cloth accordingly , apart from Sevco of course,  but I would think no-one in the Championship - but that's only a guess. 

For 2017/18 8 out of the 12 top flight clubs posted profits.  Championship clubs will rely on player sales I would think for any profitablity.  I would reckon the likes of the Dundee clubs must be losing a lot of cash being down here and yet still investing heavily in players. Especially Unitred who have now been down for a while and have had a steady turn round in players and manager.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

9 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Answering my own question with the help of Google.

http://nareystoepoker.blogspot.com/2019/03/scottish-football-finances.html

Very few it seems.

I think this is quite telling :

ST MIRREN
TURNOVER £2.8m (2016/17: £2.4m)
PROFIT £77k (2016/17: £15k)

How much does promotion cost? Well, St. Mirren only made a profit because they sold Stevie Mallan and Lewis Morgan for £700k.

Even presuming John Park can work his magic it's hardly the money making machine some think it is - definitely no guarantees of a profit even in the Premiership going by some.