The Falkirk FC Thread

Is Miller not under contract as a player at Livi? Does he want to pack in playing so he can manage Falkirk? Would he even contemplate coming back whilst the same clowns that let Hartley treat him like shite are in the board room? To me the manager with no experience appointment shipped in June when they could've built their own team etc.

I like big Yogi but for fuxake keep him away from our club. He is easily the most dense person I have ever spoke to and that is saying something. The fact that he is willing to come back, after the way the board treated him, shows how desperate he is for a job. Our team of wee Jessies spat the dummy with Ray, what the f*ck do you think they would be like with Yogi after half an hour? 

Coyle? No.

Lennon? No, he is not much of an improvement on Ray.

Pressley. F*ck no.

Our BoD probably have probably had someone lined up for weeks and are fannying about to make it look like we have played by the rules this time.

1 minute ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

I like big Yogi but for fuxake keep him away from our club. He is easily the most dense person I have ever spoke to and that is saying something. The fact that he is willing to come back, after the way the board treated him, shows how desperate he is for a job. Our team of wee Jessies spat the dummy with Ray, what the f*ck do you think they would be like with Yogi after half an hour? 

Coyle? No.

Lennon? No, he is not much of an improvement on Ray.

Pressley. F*ck no.

Our BoD probably have probably had someone lined up for weeks and are fannying about to make it look like we have played by the rules this time.

After the way the bod treated him?  You mean gave him loads of cash to pish doon the drain on the likes of dads army and Bob?

As a Raith fan it appears the decent season he had with us was an aberration. It's been downhill all the way ever since. I'm worried that you'll get someone competent in now. You have the best squad on paper so if someone gets a tune out of them second is the best we can hope for.

1 minute ago, bagpuss said:

As a Raith fan it appears the decent season he had with us was an aberration. It's been downhill all the way ever since. I'm worried that you'll get someone competent in now. You have the best squad on paper so if someone gets a tune out of them second is the best we can hope for.

Even with you guys it was a decent half season really was it no?

11 minutes ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

My only worry is what happens when we dont go up and BSLM is in charge. Do the Falkirk boo boys turn on him and give it all Lee Miller w**k w**k w**k? 

ultimately, we need to go up this year...that is a must. Therefore we need a manager with some experience, who plays attractive attacking football, who knows the league. Darren Young for me

I'd agree with this 100%, we simply have to go up this year and we need someone who can get a tune out of the current squad, who on paper should be performing a lot better than they are. I'd love BSLM but it's just too much of an unknown, would help bridge the gap between the team and fans though which is a chasm at the moment.

I think Young is a great shout, he actually looks like he's moving up in his career and i think we really need that rather than McKinnons signing policy of exclusively signing players on the back of terrible seasons.

McDonagh is an interesting case, only issue is that on paper it looks like Edinburgh City have had a lot more 'names' in their squad than your average league 2 team to it's difficult to judge how well he's done there.

Do we look for managers that are looking for a job as we have seen in the runners or riders over the last 48 hours.

Or are we bold and look to a talented assistant manager that may be getting itchy feet and wanting to impose his own football philosophy as a manager. For example John Kennedy at Celtic. Aged 36 so is the right age. Contract runs out at Celtic at the end of the season so compensation would not be unreasonable. Not saying he would come ( would be nice though ) but is an example of the type of quality available by looking in that direction. 

1 minute ago, ilostmyself said:

I'd agree with this 100%, we simply have to go up this year and we need someone who can get a tune out of the current squad, who on paper should be performing a lot better than they are. I'd love BSLM but it's just too much of an unknown, would help bridge the gap between the team and fans though which is a chasm at the moment.

I think Young is a great shout, he actually looks like he's moving up in his career and i think we really need that rather than McKinnons signing policy of exclusively signing players on the back of terrible seasons.

McDonagh is an interesting case, only issue is that on paper it looks like Edinburgh City have had a lot more 'names' in their squad than your average league 2 team to it's difficult to judge how well he's done there.

Would be interesting to know how mcdonagh's budget compares to the rest of the sides in league 2. At least with Young you know he is massively overachieving with East Fife and the budget they have.

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Do we look for managers that are looking for a job as we have seen in the runners or riders over the last 48 hours.

Or are we bold and look to a talented assistant manager that may be getting itchy feet and wanting to impose his own football philosophy as a manager. For example John Kennedy at Celtic. Aged 36 so is the right age. Contract runs out at Celtic at the end of the season so compensation would not be unreasonable. Not saying he would come ( would be nice though ) but is an example of the type of quality available by looking in that direction. 

I think if you can't get the likes of Young then it may be the way to go. Would depend on whether you can match the kind of cash he's on at Celtic though.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Would be interesting to know how mcdonagh's budget compares to the rest of the sides in league 2. At least with Young you know he is massively overachieving with East Fife and the budget they have.

Pretty sure they have the lowest attendances in the league despite being in Edinburgh.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

After the way the bod treated him?  You mean gave him loads of cash to pish doon the drain on the likes of dads army and Bob?

Obviously I don't mean that. When the BoD had to cut budgets it was the crucial footballing staff that were lost. The fan's reps on the board were also part of a group that sent a letter to the board asking them to sack Yogi. Yogi has also been quite open that he had bonuses withheld from him when he left.

Don't mention Bob 🤢

Just now, BairnBrainBrian said:

Obviously I don't mean that. When the BoD had to cut budgets it was the crucial footballing staff that were lost. The fan's reps on the board were also part of a group that sent a letter to the board asking them to sack Yogi. Yogi has also been quite open that he had bonuses withheld from him when he left.

Don't mention Bob 🤢

Cut budgets he was probably given the biggest budget of any Falkirk manager? Who was cut like whilst he was giving Bob 3k a week wages?

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Cut budgets he was probably given the biggest budget of any Falkirk manager? Who was cut like whilst he was giving Bob 3k a week wages?

I can barely remember details of what happened half an hour ago! :D

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-hughes-lifts-lid-time-10611904

I’m not opposed to Young, but that may be why McDonaugh might be a shout. McKinnon had a big budget and did very little with it, McDonaugh may have a big budget but appears to be using it well.

I don’t know what either of them do outside football to know whether they’d want full time or not, I know Dick Campbell (we wouldn’t get him) wouldn’t go full time due to his day job. Hopefully for these two it wouldn’t be an issue if we did go for them.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not sure where that's from. Other than Falkirk I can't imagine the teams below us have an astronomically higher budget than we do this year. Mid table League 1 is pretty much our level, so one space above an absolute shit-show of a Falkirk set up isn't exactly touching the stars.

2 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

I can barely remember details of what happened half an hour ago! :D

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-hughes-lifts-lid-time-10611904

Complete hogwash that. As I said his budget was huge that last season he was in charge. Major cuts were then needed to make up for his incompetence.

I would imagine the likes of Young will end up with a full time job at some point with less pressure than the Falkirk one. 

Whoever ends up with that job will have an immediate expectation to gain promotion within 6 months (quite rightly). Might be a bit much for someone's first full time gig. 

Edited by CALDERON

10 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Pretty sure they have the lowest attendances in the league despite being in Edinburgh.

Means very little though if they are getting cash invested in them.  Who knows. I would say Cove have the biggest budget by a considerable margin but not sure after that.