The Falkirk FC Thread

29 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I can’t believe I’ve forgotten it considering how he polluted our thread but what was the name of that absolute banger who adored sheps on here?

Like O'Hara - Shepherd just did not fulfil his potential after he first broke through.

Shame for both of them as I think fans were full of expectation of what was to come.

12 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

If it is a midfielder is MUST be a number 10 type.

Not so sure about that, we have Todd, Leitch, Telfer who can all play there. And we don't need another holding midfielder. I'd rather it was a wide midfielder. Announce Alston. 

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The clubs don't trust the blazers and are not willing to give them the power. From their past exploits it's understandable.

Except that rather than propose a plan for how to resolve another prematurely ended season, they voted down the one plan and have nothing in place. Teams (and sponsors) could use clarity. If, before the season. You could, for instance,  say “unless at least 90% of teams have played 66% or more of their league games, the season shall be null and void,...if this criteria is met, the average points earned per game, home and away, shall be used to determine the final table via calculation of missing games.”

By doing that before the season, you can get sponsors and advertisers to commit to payments and work out what happens if it stops early, teams know what the rules are, and we avoid last season’s fiasco. To enter this season with a huge nothing-burger to address the possibility of another stoppage is criminally negligent...which is par for the course with the SPFL.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

What's happening with the normal flu over there? Was thinking that with everyone being more careful about washing their hands, face masks and keeping their distance, the poor wee flu bug might not have much of a chance.

According to what I read today normal flu is down 80% in Australia in the period up to June.

Make of that what you will but it squares with your reckoning.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Except that rather than propose a plan for how to resolve another prematurely ended season, they voted down the one plan and have nothing in place. Teams (and sponsors) could use clarity. If, before the season. You could, for instance,  say “unless at least 90% of teams have played 66% or more of their league games, the season shall be null and void,...if this criteria is met, the average points earned per game, home and away, shall be used to determine the final table via calculation of missing games.”

By doing that before the season, you can get sponsors and advertisers to commit to payments and work out what happens if it stops early, teams know what the rules are, and we avoid last season’s fiasco. To enter this season with a huge nothing-burger to address the possibility of another stoppage is criminally negligent...which is par for the course with the SPFL.

Still got the ruling on Partick and Hearts to be announced.  I would like to think lessons will have been learned by the farce of how the season ended but this is Scottish Football it wouldnt surprise me if they presided over the same again should it happen.  Though I do expect whoever wins the league to be a bit more humble than McGlynn and co who just stopped a baw hair short of a hissy fit that any kid would have been proud off

Not so sure about that, we have Todd, Leitch, Telfer who can all play there. And we don't need another holding midfielder. I'd rather it was a wide midfielder. Announce Alston. 

They are fucking rubbish.

1 hour ago, CC52 FFC said:

Liam Craig? Can’t remember if he’s still in contract with St Johnstone or not.

Contracted until January. 

23 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

In other news see MC failed to cough up the 140k owed to the women he sexually harassed, we dodged a bullet there:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5853821/wannabe-falkirk-tycoon-140k-compo-snub-sex-pest/

The coffee shop must be well open by now, sure he’ll pay in the next few weeks.

They are fucking rubbish.

I wouldn’t say Todd is as you put it “fucking rubbish”. By all accounts, his best position is a number 10 role and I don’t think any of us have seen enough of him to judge

Vaulks would be a brilliant signing but can't see it happening. He's under contract at Cardiff and has performed well in their first team this season. It would cost us millions in a transfer fee and his wages will be way beyond what we could afford. I appreciate he has an affinity for the club but I'm not sure he would want to take such a pronounced step down, especially with the playoffs still to take place.

Happy to be proved wrong though!

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Vaulks would be a brilliant signing but can't see it happening. He's under contract at Cardiff and has performed well in their first team this season. It would cost us millions in a transfer fee and his wages will be way beyond what we could afford. I appreciate he has an affinity for the club but I'm not sure he would want to take such a pronounced step down, especially with the playoffs still to take place.

Happy to be proved wrong though!

giphy.gif