The Falkirk FC Thread

More than 5,500 people have died with Covid-19 in this country of just 10 million. It is one of the highest death rates relative to population size in Europe, and by far the worst among the Nordic nations. Unlike Sweden, the rest all chose to lock down early in the pandemic. 

Sweden's authorities never said achieving herd immunity was their goal, but they did argue that by keeping more of society open, Swedes would be more likely to develop a resistance to Covid-19. Five months into Europe's pandemic and only 6% of the population here is known to have antibodies, according to Swedish Public Health Agency research.

Sweden's unemployment rate of 9% remains the highest in the Nordics, up from 7.1% in March.

Norway, Denmark and Finland opened their borders to one another in June, but excluded Sweden due to its high infection rate.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53498133

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

Denny Johnstone signs for Dumbarton. Have to say i felt pretty bad for him with us, really looked like the injuries had taken their toll on him and nothing was coming off at all, no idea what he was like with Stranraer but I wouldn't have been surprised to see him dropping out of the game.

I thought I read he was joining the police. He looked pretty much finished as a footballer. 

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

There's no scenario where multiple teams will be forced into 14 days isolation.

Have you forgot that it's Scottish football, any fuk up is possible

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Talking from experience I can tell you the night before I saw my symptoms coming on I was in a restaurant in Austria having a few beers till nearly midnight. I started to feel ill during the night and by the morning I could hardly get out of bed. Granted I am not a fit professional athlete but because someone has tested negative one day it means absolutely nothing. None of this is risk free even with rigorous testing.

One of the Rangers loans McCrorie midfielder was mowing his lawn, zero symptoms to be told he had it. The virus effects everyone differently and testing has it flaws, I've heard of people getting two negative results then one positive in a short space of time and with having symptoms.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Never quite got the logic or understanding of this signing, as obviously came through a horrendous list of injuries. Good luck to the guy 

3 month ok, 6 month hmmmm...12 months and your taking the pure pish.

The one thing Morton fans got 100% right that his knee was done

Edited by MrDust

1 hour ago, Junior Pub League said:

Make the poor b*****ds sign for Falkirk, the threat of that will make them come to their senses.

At least when we sign  players  on contracts we dont then  decide we can't really afford you so you'll all need to to take payouts or we'll go down the grubber.

Sad to hear about Davie Hagen today.  My memory of him will always be when i was about 13 and shopping in stirling for a new pair of football boots, he was standing next to me in the shop and came over to give me advice on what to buy and had a wee chat.

Unfortunately i was still shite and i will always hold that against him. 

But a good guy and good player.  Fucking horrible disease.  RIP.

Edited by the aggressive beggar

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Thats only a relevant comparison if people at that factory were getting tested 2/3 times a week.

I'm a bit confused , I'm pretty sure I read and heard on the radio that Scottish clubs stopped testing twice a week in early July.  In fact that DR article says they must now return to testing twice a week. due to Sevco not following the rules.  

12 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Lots of contradictory evidence about.

Look at Sweden which admits it got it totally wrong over care homes , like us, but is now doing great with no lockdown and no masks.

Worth reading up on Anders Tegnell, their Covid supreme.

The places to watch are in the Southern Hemisphere where it is winter now and so far, things are going quite well.

Not so in Melbourne , where the 2nd wave is very much under way. Just recorded their highest cases ever in a day.

Victoria and to a lesser extent NSW are pretty much the only parts of Oz that experience winter weather as you'd know it and are the only 2 states that have significant cases.    

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Not so in Melbourne , where the 2nd wave is very much under way. Just recorded their highest cases ever in a day.

Victoria and to a lesser extent NSW are pretty much the only parts of Oz that experience winter weather as you'd know it and are the only 2 states that have significant cases.    

Okay- you’re the man to keep us updated.

Probably shouldn't be posting this but seems to be more common knowledge now, but a mate had sent me this picture of a striker training with the team through the week. This is the player we are announcing tomorrow. 

pedro-moutinho-image-2-189377960.jpg 

Guest Ecosse83
9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Probably shouldn't be posting this but seems to be more common knowledge now, but a mate had sent me this picture of a striker training with the team through the week. This is the player we are announcing tomorrow. 

Hide contents

pedro-moutinho-image-2-189377960.jpg 

I fell for that one 🤣

11 hours ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Any clues?

French defender with a double-barrelled first name is what I heard. Used to play for us.

2 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Looks like it’s going to be a busy week down at the stadium 

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines.