The Falkirk FC Thread

57 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The day it all started going tits up.

Went through there buzzing. Glorious day, early goal had me thinking this was going to be a glory season LOL.

Fast forward 85 minutes...… Fucking hell. We really lost the plot that day.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just heard today that the major shareholder is completely fed up and is eager for his shareholding to be diluted in order that he can revert to being a superfan plus but with no hassle.

Maybe these new appointees have that as a remit?

Heres hoping this is the start of the end for the MSG. Then and only then can we move forward. The Rupert Mudochesque dictatorship has dragged our club into the mire and treated lifelong fans with contempt. We live in hope.

Colin McFarlane is Gordon McFarlane’s son, does the Walking Down Hope Street interviews. Think his experience is in PR. The two Gordon’s both come from a Finance background from memory (someone may correct me on that). Only spoken to them a couple of times but seem sensible rounded guys.

Ronnie obviously did a decent job before so hopefully they can all help make an impact.

The common denominator for the last 10 years of failure however is the ownership. I still believe to make real progress that has to change too. But hey we live in hope.

A clever Aussie business chap reckons that businesses go from good to awful by doing two things. They start off by counting the things that can be readily counted. Trouble is, those things are not the things that really count. From there, they change the things that are readily changed (managers and players) but ultimately the changes fail because the real change that is needed is never on the table for discussion.

18 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

A clever Aussie business chap reckons that businesses go from good to awful by doing two things. They start off by counting the things that can be readily counted. Trouble is, those things are not the things that really count. From there, they change the things that are readily changed (managers and players) but ultimately the changes fail because the real change that is needed is never on the table for discussion.

Good business is long term strategic planning. Have an objective that is achievable and a time line it can be achieved in. Review-Revise-Action and back again until it is reached. Having the right people at the right time in place is crucial.

The football example of that working is Fergus McCann's time at Celtic. Derided and despised at the time but he stood by these principles.

53 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Good signing in Keena, him and Dowds are the types we should be signing to build the team. Again, we need more pace and creation in midfield to supply them. Strikeforce that can get the fans excited. Its been a while. 

I'd still like to see another pacy striker signed but with Miller registering as a player again and that useless lump Sammon still hanging around I'd doubt it. Another keeper, centre half, back up right back, winger and an attacking mid would be ideal. In reality I think it will be back up keeper, versatile defender, another forward thinking player, I can't see Laverty or Leitch going out on loan again unless they turn out to be dugshite an even then we may be hamstrung with them till the next transfer window. 

Gary Miller if needed could cover in at right back so I doubt we'll see another right back coming in. We need a back up keeper, a cb, a creative box to box centre midfielder, a pacey right winger and hopefully another striker to compete with Keena and Dowds so Miller and Sammon don't have to be near the first team. 

I wonder if they're viewing Gary Miller as the "back up" centre back/right back with someone else stepping into midfield. They might also have Dixon as a "back up" centre back with Sneddon stepping in to play at left back.

They've filled out the 1-11 in terms of squad numbers which scares me a bit and emphasised Keena being number 9 this morning. I think we aren't a million miles off but still need a goalscoring midfielder and a CB to come in as first XI players. 6-8 goals from a midfielder over the 27 games would make a world of difference.

Wasn't going to bother commenting on the boardroom changes but its ate away at me for just long enough. If GD and the new appointees outlive the MSG then fair enough, comment ont heir respective merits then. What we currently have is the equivalent of a brutal manager constantly signing shite, getting humped every week, but rather than resigning and letting someone else try, he changes the ball boys and the mascot every so often.

Yawn. Gies a shout when they finally do the right thing. Wouldn't want to be hanging by the balls waiting for it

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I wonder if they're viewing Gary Miller as the "back up" centre back/right back with someone else stepping into midfield. They might also have Dixon as a "back up" centre back with Sneddon stepping in to play at left back.

They've filled out the 1-11 in terms of squad numbers which scares me a bit and emphasised Keena being number 9 this morning. I think we aren't a million miles off but still need a goalscoring midfielder and a CB to come in as first XI players. 6-8 goals from a midfielder over the 27 games would make a world of difference.

I don’t think we need another centre back.

weve got Durban, Hall, Dixon and Miller who can all play in that position

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

They may be expecting Todd to pick up that mantle. I've not seen enough of Todd to work out where he's actually going to play. Him being number 7 aludes to him being our right winger but I think he was used more centrally in the games he did play last season.

Just now, superandy_07 said:

Bring him home x

20642210.jpg

That outside of the boot effort he scored against the **** is burned into my memory. Had not long said to my brother we are still in this, just need the next goal. And the line from his boot to my retina went directly through the stantion of the goal. Knew it was in as soon as he hit it. What a fucking boy.

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

They may be expecting Todd to pick up that mantle. I've not seen enough of Todd to work out where he's actually going to play. Him being number 7 aludes to him being our right winger but I think he was used more centrally in the games he did play last season.

He's another lacking pace. Looks like he has a bit talent but the few appearances he made he looks like he's running through treacle. He's never a winger or at least he's not going to run away from people, unless his game is swing a cross in as soon as he gets the ball without actually having to beat the full back. I see him as more of a number 10. 

22 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

He's another lacking pace. Looks like he has a bit talent but the few appearances he made he looks like he's running through treacle. He's never a winger or at least he's not going to run away from people, unless his game is swing a cross in as soon as he gets the ball without actually having to beat the full back. I see him as more of a number 10. 

I can't see how we'll play with a number 10 this season if Dowds and Keena are going to be starting upfront. Unless we play with a back 3 and go 3-5-2 and if that was the case I'd much rather see Connolly in that position.

Edited by FFC 1876