The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

The horse has bolted as far as TV controlling the game goes. When they negotiate deals is the time to consider supporters. The reality is however they have taken the dollar and never gave a moments thought about the fans when pocketing it.

I personally do not worry about the 5.30 KO on a Saturday TBH. It is of little inconvenience to me.

I personally do not worry about the 5.30 KO on a Saturday TBH. It is of little inconvenience to me.

If anything it's helped make the Raith game slightly more appealing.

It's also moved a game from a time when a lot of people work (Saturday Afternoon) to a time when not too many people work.

I personally will enjoy the extra hours in the pub and watch soccer Saturday for a change.

Guest Back Post Misses

If anything it's helped make the Raith game slightly more appealing.

It's also moved a game from a time when a lot of people work (Saturday Afternoon) to a time when not too many people work.

I personally will enjoy the extra hours in the pub and watch soccer Saturday for a change.

:guinness:guinness

Guest Back Post Misses

Ah, the subtle switch by Ritchie. He uses the "fans" word whenever "customers" doesn't quite fit the bill. The real crux of this isn't "the poor suffering fans", it's the money we will lose from a reduced number of visiting fans (who are all £££s), and hospitality sales (which is all £££s). He doesn't give a toss whether or not a ST holder gets mucked around......he already has their cash.

It's the likely reduction of additional cash he is worried about, but he has simply made a token effort to disguise his real concerns by shedding a few crocodile tears for the "suffering fans".

I don't think we really need MR to try and play the role of champion of the fans.

Get my email?

What do the p&b masses see as the end game here for FFC?

We seem to be going absolutely nowhere for the foreseeable future but hold the phone at least we are debt free.

Given what other riddled wi debt clubs have won, I'm no really interested In having a moral high ground here.

Back in 2003 when we were told we can't get up and saved Motherwells arse, we seemed to be the panto villain who'd got his comeuppance.

We never spent the cash on a stadium and instead lavished millions on a strong team apparently.

It seemed massively overlooked that at the time Motherwell were spending cash on players they couldn't afford.

11 years later and we are in great health, but again find ourselves as the victim.

What's the point in having this high ground if everything else is pathetic?

I've no idea what the answer is. All I know is this certainly isn't it.

What do the p&b masses see as the end game here for FFC?

We seem to be going absolutely nowhere for the foreseeable future but hold the phone at least we are debt free.

Given what other riddled wi debt clubs have won, I'm no really interested In having a moral high ground here.

Back in 2003 when we were told we can't get up and saved Motherwells arse, we seemed to be the panto villain who'd got his comeuppance.

We never spent the cash on a stadium and instead lavished millions on a strong team apparently.

It seemed massively overlooked that at the time Motherwell were spending cash on players they couldn't afford.

11 years later and we are in great health, but again find ourselves as the victim.

What's the point in having this high ground if everything else is pathetic?

I've no idea what the answer is. All I know is this certainly isn't it.

End game is you continue to sell your best prospects as soon as someone offers more than a fiver for them so the directors can make a few bob

Chin up. At least you have your health and can crowd-w**k at all the wee teams that dare to share a division with the mighty Falkirk.

End game is you continue to sell your best prospects as soon as someone offers more than a fiver for them so the directors can make a few bob

Chin up. At least you have your health and can crowd-w**k at all the wee teams that dare to share a division with the mighty Falkirk.

Sounding more bitter than me when I mention Motherwell there.

That made me chuckle.

The point is that right now, you look a bit weak, but all things being equal, Falkirk stand to at least make the play-offs most seasons, meaning the 'big time' Is not that distant.

Even in this most extraordinary of second tier seasons, it's still a realistic target.

It appears that McGrandles has been a loss of a good young player too far this time, but that can be only a temporary circumstance. If there's a year to struggle and re-group, it's maybe this one when promotion was a very long shot from the outset anyway.

I also happen to think you have a pretty lousy, arrogant manager at present (I may have mentioned it), but again, that needn't be forever.

In short, Falkirk missed out narrowly last season, probably weren't going up this one anyway, although a slim chance still exists, and will have a decent chance again in future, especially if youngsters continue to emerge.

Chin up indeed, and never forget to crowd w**k.

That made me chuckle.The point is that right now, you look a bit weak, but all things being equal, Falkirk stand to at least make the play-offs most seasons, meaning the 'big time' Is not that distant.Even in this most extraordinary of second tier seasons, it's still a realistic target.It appears that McGrandles has been a loss of a good young player too far this time, but that can be only a temporary circumstance. If there's a year to struggle and re-group, it's maybe this one when promotion was a very long shot from the outset anyway.I also happen to think you have a pretty lousy, arrogant manager at present (I may have mentioned it), but again, that needn't be forever.In short, Falkirk missed out narrowly last season, probably weren't going up this one anyway, although a slim chance still exists, and will have a decent chance again in future, especially if youngsters continue to emerge.Chin up indeed, and never forget to crowd w**k.

It's a bit early for Gaz to be getting the Christmas blues because he's lonely in his bedsit. Must have been drinking tonight.

Didn't realise Hearts could've called off the match next week for the same reason the newco keep doing it.

Would've been a bit of a shambles after Alba picking it and the rest of Scotland excited at seeing Houstys charges take on the top team.

Good to see Hearts using their squad size and acting with dignity on this.

To be fair it was actually the fourth bid for McGrandles that was accepted and not straight away.

Getting 7 figures for a player in the second division of Scottish football is some achievment.

Booked up for hospitality for the Hibs game for my birthday (age ending in zero, scarily). Anyone have any experience of this?

ETA - "this" being hospitality, not birthdays!

Edited by Disco Duck

Booked up for hospitality for the Hibs game for my birthday (age ending in zero, scarily). Anyone have any experience of this?

ETA - "this" being hospitality, not birthdays!

Done hospo about 10 times before and enjoyed it.

Where I can hit you with a red flag is the value nowadays.

You don't get as much for your cash nowadays and I won't be back til that changes.

It's great for a one off match and you probably will enjoy. Just don't go looking for value or you will be disappointed. Have a good day though.

Done hospo about 10 times before and enjoyed it.

Where I can hit you with a red flag is the value nowadays.

You don't get as much for your cash nowadays and I won't be back til that changes.

It's great for a one off match and you probably will enjoy. Just don't go looking for value or you will be disappointed. Have a good day though.

Cheers. Just really doing it for a laugh, only 3 of us regularly go to games so for the others its a piss up with a distraction in between. Hopefully not 0-0!