The Falkirk FC Thread

You can buy 10 Lateral Flow testing kits for £260 so the cost for clubs should not be extortionate. In the NHS us nurses test themselves twice a week. 15 players testing twice a week = £780. Don't think that would bankrupt full time clubs

You can buy them a lot cheaper than that. 20 players twice per week could easily be done for under £500

3 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

I’d like to think we are challenging the decision before communicating any information. PTs press release/response is cringeworthy and a bit like one of those adverts where you donate £2 a month........

Is that not what pars fans have to do  anyway?

I thought it covered the issues pretty well and then got a bit cringe worthy in the last couple of paragraphs.  Will be interesting to see what comes out of today's meeting.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

12 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

You can buy 10 Lateral Flow testing kits for £260 so the cost for clubs should not be extortionate. In the NHS us nurses test themselves twice a week. 15 players testing twice a week = £780. Don't think that would bankrupt full time clubs

The last time I saw an actual price for the testing clubs are doing it was £75 per test (that was in October). Everyone in the Red Zone will need tested, not just 15 players. All coaches, physios, club doctors, kitmen, safety officers, etc. Also, given testing will need to be done in midweek, not on the morning of the game, in reality every player who MIGHT be involved is going to need tested. No test = not available for selection. It's more likely to be about 30 people although it will only be once a week, not twice. It's going to cost clubs between £2k and £2.5k a week unless the cost of testing privately genuinely has gone down since October. I can't see it being a third what it was though.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The last time I saw an actual price for the testing clubs are doing it was £75 per test (that was in October). Everyone in the Red Zone will need tested, not just 15 players. All coaches, physios, club doctors, kitmen, safety officers, etc. It's more likely to be about 30 people although it will only be once a week, not twice. It's going to cost clubs between £2k and £2.5k a week unless the cost of testing privately genuinely has gone down since October. I can't see it being a third what it was though.

The Lateral Flow test has a very low rate of accuracy, but is cheap - you get what you pay for in other words.

For football , especially considering recent issues, it will always have to be the PCR test which is at the price level you have stated.   

33 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

The Lateral Flow test has a very low rate of accuracy, but is cheap - you get what you pay for in other words.

For football , especially considering recent issues, it will always have to be the PCR test which is at the price level you have stated.   

Certainly still not a lot of cash for an initial 3 weeks given most clubs have just been given a  100/150k bonus by the govt.  

34 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Certainly still not a lot of cash for an initial 3 weeks given most clubs have just been given a  100/150k bonus by the govt.  

Not a chance it'll only be 3 weeks though, or, at least, it certainly shouldn't be.

At least it gives us time to get Keena back fit, that being said I highly doubt the league will start back up again. 3 weeks break to then go back to no testing again? Another year in league 1 it is.

The chance was there to reconstruct the leagues in the summer for the good of scottish football but yet again self preservation and greed prevailed. 

At least it gives us time to get Keena back fit, that being said I highly doubt the league will start back up again. 3 weeks break to then go back to no testing again? Another year in league 1 it is.
The chance was there to reconstruct the leagues in the summer for the good of scottish football but yet again self preservation and greed prevailed. 

I haven’t given up all hope.
Most likely option, excluding null and void would be reducing to an 18 game league, which could be concluded in about 6 weeks by playing twice a week.
We could stretch out to not restarting to the beginning of April and still get it done.....

12 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Not a chance it'll only be 3 weeks though, or, at least, it certainly shouldn't be.

Perhaps not but that's what they've stated so until it changes its 3 weeks.  After that 3 weeks then you speak to the clubs again and see what the situation is.  Simple question tthen to clubs can you afford to keep testing? If we could at least get half the season played it would be better than stopping after 11 games.

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

It's the same clubs getting shafted over and over again.  They don't give a feck.

15 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I like 12-10-10-10.

How would you do it?

Fake news. 97% most have now

31 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

There is no chance there could be a null in void season. What would happen to prize money? That was the reason we couldn’t null in void last season. The uproar would be huge. 

22 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I like 12-10-10-10.

How would you do it?

Anything that involves a bigger league and therefore not playing the same team 4 times a season as that's just naff. Makes it farcical when you then draw the same teams in the cup and end up playing them 5/6 times in one season

12 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

There is no chance there could be a null in void season. What would happen to prize money? That was the reason we couldn’t null in void last season. The uproar would be huge

Only Leagues 1 and 2 will be null and void.  The uproar will be minimal and ignored cos frankly, no-one gives a shit about L1 and L2 except those in L1 and L2.

Infection rates looking to be falling across Scotland and uk (still a grim situation, obviously). 3 weeks of a drop and I think there’s a chance of us finishing the season as the mood would be slightly brighter. I think they’ll want it to come back too, given they couldn’t complete Scottish cup without Lower leagues. Fingers crossed. 

22 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd like yo reduce the number of games against the same old sides every year. 4 games is incredibly repetitive.

9 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Anything that involves a bigger league and therefore not playing the same team 4 times a season as that's just naff. Makes it farcical when you then draw the same teams in the cup and end up playing them 5/6 times in one season

All well and good but the devil's in the detail - the reason why the 14 suggestion was dismissed in the summer is because it was shit. And if you start going to 16 or 18 then you are reducing the number of home games and teams are not going to vote for that. Plus an 18 team league has other downfalls like a large midtable doldrum zone, and if you get relegated from that then you are going into a part time totty teams wasteland.

15 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Infection rates looking to be falling across Scotland and uk (still a grim situation, obviously). 3 weeks of a drop and I think there’s a chance of us finishing the season as the mood would be slightly brighter. I think they’ll want it to come back too, given they couldn’t complete Scottish cup without Lower leagues. Fingers crossed. 

I can easily just see then putting through every championship and premiership team and playing it from there.  This week has just emphasised the contempt they treat leagues one and two with so would that really shock anyone?