The Falkirk FC Thread

A - I'd probably go McGrandles with Vaulks and Loy just behind. All 3 are top players really.

B - Was Kris Faulds at Starks in 2014? If not has to Vaulks.

C - That whole second half in the play-off was pretty special and Alston's goal just topped it off. Another moment like that this year would be perfect.

A: McGrandles for the first half by a country mile. Sibbald for the second, technically our best player.

B: Leahy against Alloa in terms of technique but Alstons goal against Queens' would also tie in with Part C: Even against the Jambo's and Rainjurs, I've never seen the south stand like that in my time

Because Kilmarnock are a diddy club that can't even command a home support of 3000.

Factually inaccurate. Our average this season is our lowest in a while, but is still over 4000. And we certainly haven't averaged 1000 away fans per game.

One reason Robinson might pick you over us would be that he'd actually get a game for Falkirk. Not sure that would be the case with our midfield, given that Slater and Clingan are both clearly better than him, and Hamill was picked ahead of him for Hearts.

Factually inaccurate. Our average this season is our lowest in a while, but is still over 4000. And we certainly haven't averaged 1000 away fans per game.

One reason Robinson might pick you over us would be that he'd actually get a game for Falkirk. Not sure that would be the case with our midfield, given that Slater and Clingan are both clearly better than him, and Hamill was picked ahead of him for Hearts.

Remember about 2 years back a fella chose the bench at Ross C ahead of us.

Says it all I can't remember his name.

Really? It can't be far off that. Assuming Celtic bring around 5,000 and the other 10 average 500 each (more from St Mirren, Aberdeen, Partick, less from St Johnstone, Inverness, Ross County), that would give you an average of somewhere between 900-1000 away supporters per match.

I would say you have roughly parallel home crowds to us. Despite more revenues from sponsorship and television money (probably around £1m), Killie will have a much higher wage bill, so don't see why they would have any more cash than us when signing players in January. Particularly if we sell another player in this transfer window, like we seem to have done every season since we came down.

Obviously the lure of Killie playing in the top league would be hard to resist for many players, like us losing McGovern to Hamilton of all clubs. Like you said though, it may be about game time. We certainly fought off Premiership interest from several clubs when signing Jamie MacDonald.

Heard from my mate whom coaches with Thistle that we are looking at Partick defender Aaron Muirhead, my mate says he is a very good chamionship level CH but didnt quite make the step up to premiership. Carlisle and Raith also interested suposedly.

Muirhead was a good young prospect from Dumfries who learned his trade at Annan playing full back, moved to thistle during there championship winning season but hasn't featured much this season.

Would Prob take him at QoS but don't know if he would get on too well with the rest of the players after the head butt incident in the ramsdens final with Higgy!

Muirhead was a good young prospect from Dumfries who learned his trade at Annan playing full back, moved to thistle during there championship winning season but hasn't featured much this season.

Would Prob take him at QoS but don't know if he would get on too well with the rest of the players after the head butt incident in the ramsdens final with Higgy!

Higgins' conduct around that incident was worse than Muirhead's in my view.

Heard from my mate whom coaches with Thistle that we are looking at Partick defender Aaron Muirhead, my mate says he is a very good chamionship level CH but didnt quite make the step up to premiership. Carlisle and Raith also interested suposedly.

Muirhead has left Thistle.