The Falkirk FC Thread

Had to have s good laugh at the sheer hypocrisy of the SPFL in their statement on the European super League today.

'The proposals we have seen, assembled by a small, self-selected group of very wealthy clubs, appear to be a cynical and very worrying attempt to thwart the core principle of sporting merit which rightly underpins European football'.

Can you imagine preventing teams joining a league on anything other than sporting merit. That would never happen in Scotland would it?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

I used to write for the programme and can exclusively reveal that I've been contacted to advise on the shape for tonight

I heard there’s a unnamed French centre back coming into the squad tonight due to your influence.

2 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

I heard there’s a unnamed French centre back coming into the squad tonight due to your influence.

An ex-Falkirk stalwart?

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Had to have s good laugh at the sheer hypocrisy of the SPFL in their statement on the European super League today.

'The proposals we have seen, assembled by a small, self-selected group of very wealthy clubs, appear to be a cynical and very worrying attempt to thwart the core principle of sporting merit which rightly underpins European football'.

Can you imagine preventing teams joining a league on anything other than sporting merit. That would never happen in Scotland would it?

The whole thing is hilariously ironic. Don't Celtic and Sevco hoover up something like 25% of the total prize money as well (despite them only making up 4.7% of the clubs competing)?

Sky started the greed culture with their obscene TV deals for the EPL, which was then piggybacked by UEFA who constantly pandered to the richest leagues and clubs to make them even richer via the CL.

It's left them all in a right old mess

25 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Exactly the same laughable hypocrisy as the EPL. The same crew who shafted their own football league 30 years ago. 

3 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

Very surprised when I heard that, especially given the stage we`re at with a handful of games to go.

Waiting 2 weeks for a scan and then treatment & recovery after that, (if nothing has improved) more or less rules them out for the season.

Peterhead will have listened to that and now get stuck in from kick off to sus out who is fragile and holding back then exploit it.

WTF are we doing telling the opposition there are fitness doubts.

This is George Miller , John Hagart level of inept management.

48 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The whole thing is hilariously ironic. Don't Celtic and Sevco hoover up something like 25% of the total prize money as well (despite them only making up 4.7% of the clubs competing)?

Sky started the greed culture with their obscene TV deals for the EPL, which was then piggybacked by UEFA who constantly pandered to the richest leagues and clubs to make them even richer via the CL.

It's left them all in a right old mess

Yip 25 percent of all prize money goes to two out of 42 clubs. Any change to that requires 11 of the 12 to vote for it.  The ESL will supposedly have 5 new entrants every year. Christ we're lucky to get one and every barrier is put in place to prevent a second via the playoffs.  The SPFL top flight is more a closed shop than this new league and yet they're criticising it.

The funny thing is were they not screaming for to f**k off to the Atlantic league when the talk was with that starting, you can guarantee that if both the ugly sisters were invited into the ESL they would be off like a shot and the Colt teams would be shoehorned as the solution.

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

The funny thing is were they not screaming for to f**k off to the Atlantic league when the talk was with that starting, you can guarantee that if both the ugly sisters were invited into the ESL they would be off like a shot and the Colt teams would be shoehorned as the solution.

Of course they would. They would be out of here like a shot. Same if they ever got the EPL invite. 

Also makes me laugh listening to ex-players like Neville, Carragher, McCoist etc bleating about the disgraceful disregard for the fans in all of this Super League set up. They weren't giving a f**k about fans when they were being paid a fortune and ticket prices were going up constantly. Also where was fat Sally's concern for the fans when the **** were dying and he was still hoovering a fortune as their manager, double standards me thinks.

10 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Also makes me laugh listening to ex-players like Neville, Carragher, McCoist etc bleating about the disgraceful disregard for the fans in all of this Super League set up. They weren't giving a f**k about fans when they were being paid a fortune and ticket prices were going up constantly. Also where was fat Sally's concern for the fans when the **** were dying and he was still hoovering a fortune as their manager, double standards me thinks.

A bit like the Ricky Gervaise Oscars speech about the actor c***s asking their agents to get them a deal if ISIS started a streaming service, if DAZN offered Neville a wage rise to commentate on this dross he'd be off like a shot.

57 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

You can bet you wouldn't be hearing a peep from Neville if man u were still paying his wages the now.

8 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Can anyone remember the last Bairns match they enjoyed? I think it was probably the Dundee Utd 6-1 game.. 2706 games ago 

Some of the home games were at least  a bit entertaining last season. The pumpings of forfar, Peterhead etc at home by barrowloads was certainly far better than anything we've served up this season .

40 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Can anyone remember the last Bairns match they enjoyed? I think it was probably the Dundee Utd 6-1 game.. 2706 games ago 

I actually enjoyed the Clyde game last week.

The only game that I have enjoyed this season though.