The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, keithgy said:

I was told today Connolly questioned why he was left out a squad with Lee Miller in the squad instead.

How dare he. 

In my mind he’s always been a positive wee influence, and for a while was one of our best players. Wouldn’t bin him if we can clear his injury 

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Allan Stubbs or Alex Rae would go a long way to ensuring I never set foot back inside the Falkirk Stadium.

Maybe a double act of those two would work. Your club seem keen on such partnerships. Shame the Chuckle brothers are no more. 

4 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Can’t argue, but Connolly is a no if rumours are true about his attitude (not injury) Mutch was deserved of early plaudits but last few games looked shaky ( understandably) Dowds Morrison  maybe. Dixon & Gomis at a very big push.

I'd really like to think that it will be a clean slate for all players for the remainder of the season. The last thing on earth we can afford with the present state of the squad is yet more ostracization of players, particularly one who could offer us an attacking threat. 

1 minute ago, BooBairn said:

Wouldn’t advocate to keep many players at all. Paul Dixon certainly wouldn’t be one of them. Still not over these comments he made. Please get him to f**k along with 95% of the squad. 

BE631B61-F489-412A-80D2-FC03C10B8909.jpeg

Personally couldn’t give a f**k what he said, end of the day no one is gonna bad mouth their employer when they need a job. 

Him and telfer been our only good players of late. If anyone if any have earned a new deal he’s one of them. 

Judging by the comments on here the football has not been great to watch but this is a strange decision with 4 games to go. You are still in with a great shout of going up as champions which is your main objective. Asking  a lot of anybody to take charge and do the business. It's always the management team that shoulder the blame and rarely the players.

It is 18 games too late

11 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'd keep Mutch, Dixon, Morrison, Telfer. Maybe Connolly, maybe Dowds and maybe Gomis. The rest can go.

Mutch and Morrison and Telfer the rest can go. I'm not sure about Keena he's shown in flashes he can finish but he's had f**k all service and been injured.  Dixon, Gomis are just getting too old. Dowds has done nothing to suggest he is anything but a league 1 jobber at best. I'd give Connolly a short term deal to see if he can keep healthy, if not he can go aswell. Needs to be a big clear out...again 

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Paul Dixon is one of the few decent players in the squad.

I didn’t take to him at first, but he has defo been one of the more consistent players this season and was always popping up with smart positing despite his age / pace. 

Just had a gander at all the different social media feeds for the first time today.

Fans who were calling M&M for everything 24 hours ago back to licking their arses.

They deserve the club they now have. Talk about soft

Guest Peter LaFleur
14 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I was told today Connolly questioned why he was left out a squad with Lee Miller in the squad instead.

Here’s hoping that’s true and he’s back fit for Saturday.

Mutch, Dixon, Telfer and Morrison are the only ones I’d want to keep regardless of what league we’re in.

Gomis maybe if we stay down but he seems done to me- definitely no use in the championship.

Unfortunately though Miller, Alston and Keena are all contracted for next season and none have offered enough for me.

2 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Mutch and Morrison and Telfer the rest can go. I'm not sure about Keena he's shown in flashes he can finish but he's had f**k all service and been injured.  Dixon, Gomis are just getting too old. Dowds has done nothing to suggest he is anything but a league 1 jobber at best. I'd give Connolly a short term deal to see if he can keep healthy, if not he can go aswell. Needs to be a big clear out...again 

Clear outs will continue until we build a bit of a core and have a flow of our own youngsters coming through. Whilst we are sort of proof that building from scratch very rarely works, the reality is we still don’t have much to build on. We do have Much tho pmsl. Seriously though agree that Morrison and Much are ones to keep a hold of but even Telfer I think has had definite periods with us where I thought he was a waste of space. 

the fact Gary Miller is our captain speaks volumes for the quality we have in the squad imo. 

I came across  an old email today from a couple of years ago I was copied in on, when 45 or so fans were prepared to pony up serious doe to become “Patrons” in the fans ownership initiative. Collectively they had pledged over £450,000 of the £850,000 along with other fans to buy into the club. Far more than the new major shareholder has put in.

More interesting was looking at the names of the potential Patrons and the business acumen and talents many of them had and the potential of what some of them could have brought to the club. This was a massive opportunity missed.

Had this proposal gone through we wouldn’t have been looking at a 3rd year in Div 1. 

3 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Peter Grant makes me feel uneasy for some reason. Just relegated with Alloa who must be bad if Arbroath is clear of them. 

Peter Grant would likely do well for you. At Alloa this year he was handicapped by the quality of players he was able to get, but despite that the Wasps were never an easy win, or even an easy draw. Played a solid game that suffered from the lack of skills in a number of positions, but still managed to pull off some very nice results. The downside is his incessant, booming and salty voice on all their broadcasts.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

I'd keep Mutch, Dixon, Morrison, Telfer. Maybe Connolly, maybe Dowds and maybe Gomis. The rest can go.

For me it would be Mutch, Dixon, Telfer, Connolly and Keena. Possibly Kelly, Alston, Morrison and Dowds.

I think Keena would score loads if given the right service, Kelly could do us a turn (don't think he's ever been fully fit), and Alston and Dowds could be useful squad players. I don't think Morrison's as good as most make out but I'd keep him if he would stay although I believe he has a clause in his contract allowing him to go if we don't get up?

If we kept that core we'd need to bring in another 12 or so that would be considered starters in the main.