The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, MS RR said:

M&M might be gone but that doesn't automatically fix our problems. We now have Holt as head coach who's a dimwit with a rotten style of play.

I really hope Gary Deans is out the door soon, I'm not going to punish myself and listen to what he has to say any longer. I certainly won't be buying a season ticket for another year until there's proper change. 

I don't mind us being that bad to watch when he was the manager here. Not Barcelona but we weren't overly defensive either. Loy scored a barrowload of goals.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surprised that Dunfermline ended up so poor this season they looked like they were a decent side finally at the start of the season

False dawn for us sadly now limping towards the summer.

29 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

Judging by the comments on here the football has not been great to watch but this is a strange decision with 4 games to go. You are still in with a great shout of going up as champions which is your main objective. Asking  a lot of anybody to take charge and do the business. It's always the management team that shoulder the blame and rarely the players.

Aye you’re right. We should have sacked all the players and kept the management team. 

5 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I’d hardly say that. He’s made it clear he doesn’t want to manage anymore and it looks like his current role has a lot of short and long term goals to achieve.

Case of wait and see but does not fill me with confidence regarding a new manager bounce. However if he pulls it off and gets us promoted then he will be offered the job.

Thank Christ, the panic is over. Gary Deans put out a statement, so everything is fabuloso.

Good to hear the BoD are using a rigorous process this time rather than the slapdash process they must have favoured in the past.

So, we have Gary Holt as the fitba’ expert, and then a quick scan across the skill set of the rest shows the we have real quality in depth for the road ahead. Basically, Holt and Captain Statement, an advertising space salesman, a PR office type, and a bunch of others who choose to hide in the shadows and “dae as they are telt” by Captain Statement. Interesting times ahead. With a BoD of that quality, what could possibly go wrong?

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Bigger budget? Geez we've got a huge budget as it is compared to the other clubs in the main. It's how it's being spent not the size that's the issue here. The answer isn't to fling more money at it it's to do far better with the money we have.

Agree with this, sorry I meant we need a leaner squad that doesn't have as much shite in it. Our budget will be no bigger than what M&M had.

8 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Agree with this, sorry I meant we need a leaner squad that doesn't have as much shite in it. Our budget will be no bigger than what M&M had.

Agree. Quality over quantity. Mind you I was promised this by the manager and bod at an AGM when Hartley was there and we got the biggest pile of shit you could imagine.  Major quantity with no quality.

I can't say the thought of Peter Grant blows me away, but tbf I can't think of other options right now off the top of my head. I know they have said it is temporary AND Holt has said he doesn't want it, but it shows the extent to which I don't trust these b*****ds that I could still see them appointing him.

Your patter is absolutely honking. 
His recent performance in the covid thread surprised me. I had thought he was a low volume poster who came in with occasional decent patter.

This is now par for the course for him it seems.

I honestly can't see Holt wanting it regardless of how he does, he's basically said as much himself. He can't lose currently, make a c**t of it and he goes back to his own role, and he's on the panel to appoint a new manager. He won't want the job, anyone in a job that's guaranteed a pay packet on a full time contract isn't going to go for another job that's basically fixed term depending on how you do and a risk of being fired. Which essentially what a football manager is. He'd be daft to take it on after this season. 

Edited by ebobsboy

42 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree totally, squad of 18 decent players instead of 22 shite players. We also really need to use the loan market a whole lot better.

A squad of 18 doesn't work- you've got to have competition for places in every position. One of the reasons players like Alston and Keena are performing so poorly this season is because they know they'll be playing every game no matter what as there is no depth in their positions.

There will also be injuries and suspensions over the course of a season- you need to have players able to come in to cover. We would be unable to field a team on Saturday if we had gone with an 18 man squad this season and the board would righly have been castigated for approving it.

9 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

A squad of 18 doesn't work- you've got to have competition for places in every position. One of the reasons players like Alston and Keena are performing so poorly this season is because they know they'll be playing every game no matter what as there is no depth in their positions.

There will also be injuries and suspensions over the course of a season- you need to have players able to come in to cover. We would be unable to field a team on Saturday if we had gone with an 18 man squad this season and the board would righly have been castigated for approving it.

18 of our own players, but better quality and then use of the loan market better would work fine I think. Instead of a squad of 22 of our own players like we have at the moment but the majority of which are shite and kids who apart from Neilson look out of their depth and not ready for first team football. We have players in our squad who have hardly kicked a ball all season and have you wondering why they were signed in the first place.

Just noticed this is your first post. Are you Lee, David, Gary or maybe Martin or Superfan have got the Grandkids to create a P&B account.

Edited by Harry Kinnear