The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He showed a few very rare glimpses that he could put a decent cross or pass in but as a lone centre forward he's never going to get you enough goals in my opinion.

The absolute shocker of a miss right in front of goal against Thistle at Firhill summed up his finishing prowess for me. All the time in the world, absolutely nobody near him, and he hits the post. He looked every bit a league 1 jobber last season and if he doesn't improve ten fold this season I can see him going back to East Fife or somewhere similar.

5 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I think a fair few of our players will benefit from us actually playing football this season as opposed to hoofball hence why I fancy Dowds to have a much better season this year.

If Gary Miller is the heartbeat of the midfield then I can't see us playing much football at all, same with Hall unsettling our defence every time the ball is in his vacinity.  They might want to play football but your hamstrung in that department having those two diddies in the team.

Another 2 young jobbers signed up to flesh out the squad.

If we’ve really got ‘by far the biggest budget in the league’  as was claimed in the q&a then by f**k are we hiding it well.

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

If Gary Miller is the heartbeat of the midfield then I can't see us playing much football at all, same with Hall unsettling our defence every time the ball is in his vacinity.  They might want to play football but your hamstrung in that department having those two diddies in the team.

Yep, I can see Miller & Hall keeping Hetherington and McKay out of the team.

12 minutes ago, Russ said:

Another 2 young jobbers signed up to flesh out the squad.

If we’ve really got ‘by far the biggest budget in the league’  as was claimed in the q&a then by f**k are we hiding it well.

You'd like to think they'll be on peanuts and we'll still have plenty of room to bring in more senior players.

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Yep, I can see Miller & Hall keeping Hetherington and McKay out of the team.

Clearly Hetherington and McKay will start the season but all it takes is 1 injury or suspension to Williamson, Dixon, McKay, McCann or Hetherington and one of Miller or Hall will be playing.

Edited by PedroMoutinho