The Falkirk FC Thread

Still desperately holding onto some hope a competent number 9 will sign before tonight, giving us a real boost.

Intense memories here of getting a paper before boarding the train at Perth Station, and opening it to find out that Jefferies had pulled off some masterpiece of wheeler dealing on the Friday night. 

Happy days. 

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He showed a few very rare glimpses that he could put a decent cross or pass in but as a lone centre forward he's never going to get you enough goals in my opinion.

Watch this space 

Well, "competitive" pre-season football starts this evening.

Like every Falkirk supporter I am hoping that the team gels and we play fantastic, free- scoring, attacking football. I am suspecting, however, that that won't be the case and that we will be found wanting all over the pitch. If that indeed comes to pass and we have a dreadful League Cup group, I hope that the board / Holt / Sheerin will swallow their pride, admit that they were wrong and somehow find the cash to allow Sheerin to improve the squad with much better players than we have at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Still desperately holding onto some hope a competent number 9 will sign before tonight, giving us a real boost.

Intense memories here of getting a paper before boarding the train at Perth Station, and opening it to find out that Jefferies had pulled off some masterpiece of wheeler dealing on the Friday night. 

Happy days. 

We may not get one before tonight but hopefully they are still on the look out for one before Cove in just under 3 weeks. The 1800 season tickets may just have allowed us to bring in a few more players to the squad.

I have a season ticket and was allocated a seat for tonight but can't get there.  If you have a ticket you are blocked from watching it live on Falkirk TV.   If you can't get there phone the club and they will unblock your Falkirk TV access for tonight.  I did this earlier.

14 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Got an email through with my ticket for the Hamilton game this morning, my entry time is 45-60 minutes before kick off. Wouldn't even contemplate it if I was next to my pals never mind sitting with no one around me.

Just ignore that pish, got the same for a euros game at hampden and turned up an hour and a half after My ticket said to. No one cares because it’s young lads on minimum wage scanning your ticket, they aren’t gonna cause a fuss are they.

Im not one of those Dawson park boy “these rules only end when we end them!”, wronguns, but with complete and utter pish like this, it’s kind of true. Just ignore that rubbish as a collective and there’s nothing they can do about it 

Guest Back Post Misses
59 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I honestly don't get all the Dowds hate. I think he's actually OK. Would be good to see him play in a competent set up. Same could be said for a few others. 

I don’t hate him he is just not good enough

For the first time i think tonight's match really does matter. Okay its the Humpty Dumpty Cup but its the first time out for a new team and a new management set up. After last season white flag waving finish we must show signs that better times are ahead. The last 5 games of the last season in particular were the worst of my 58 years of supporting the Bairns. The excuse that we had injuries does not wash. If a player is getting a wage from the club they should be ore than able to perform in this league and if not why pay them. Only a big performance tonight will do