The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Let’s not eh? He is one of our most successful managers in our history. The “rot” also could’ve finally ended with one of our best squads (2015/16) in modern history taking the last wee step.. 

Aye, very fine margins between a 2 season spell where we could have won the cup then been promoted, rather than McCracken and McDonald shitting the bed, then getting a length off Killie

It wasn’t Yogi that signed off on the contracts that was down to the MD at the time. Of course they guys were poor signings but no way did we have to offer they wages. It’s a managers job to keep asking for more money and wanting as much as possible to spend if the club gives him too much that’s on them not the manager.

4 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

and Lee Bullen, Neil McCann, Jackie McNamara, Steve Lovell and Burton O'Brien on wages that absolutely crippled us. 6 months later he left we had the board scrambling to have a share issue to get some cash in the door. 

We had some great times under Yogi but he left us in the shit. That cup run papered over the cracks.

We were still in the top flight and he didn’t appoint Eddie May.

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

It wasn’t Yogi that signed off on the contracts that was down to the MD at the time. Of course they guys were poor signings but no way did we have to offer they wages. It’s a managers job to keep asking for more money and wanting as much as possible to spend if the club gives him too much that’s on them not the manager.

Yogi would have known fine well they weren't coming here on the cheap though. He would have known the numbers wouldn't be adding up and essentially it back fired massively.

Just now, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

We were still in the top flight and he didn’t appoint Eddie May.

Eddie may is essentially blameless IMO. Forced into management by the tent salesman as he was the cheap option.  

We had to go for the cheap option because the board fell for Yogi's "next level" dream.

42 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Not disputing that but he started the rot that has led to where we are today. 

The rot that started this farce is down to those that downed tools on Houstie the board decisions added to that, which brings us to the sh*te state we are in.

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

FFS we are arguing about a guy who was last with us 12 years ago. 
Are we ever going to move on? 

Until such times as someone can guide us to the top flight and cup finals again, I'll still class him as the best in my lifetime. 

Guest Back Post Misses
2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Until such times as someone can guide us to the top flight and cup finals again, I'll still class him as the best in my lifetime. 

I am not disputing the fact he was good for us, but it was 12 years ago. 

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

He left us 12 years ago. If we haven't stopped any rot in that time, it's not on Yogi, it's on us. 

My point exactly. We can talk about off the pitch stuff until the cows come home, on the pitch we got our act together second half of 2015, 2015/16 and 2016/17 wasn’t too shabby either in hindsight. We were all geared for SPFL again but just missed out. 

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am not disputing the fact he was good for us, but it was 12 years ago. 

Totally agree. Just makes me sad to think that the last 12 years have been increasingly poor for us. Whenever Yogi is in the news or gets a new job, I can't help but think that he was our last really good manager. And each time, it makes me focus on the direction we have taken since he left (ie down)

27 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

FFS we are arguing about a guy who was last with us 12 years ago. 
Are we ever going to move on? 

It changes the topic from the monotonous shite this season. 

Nothing wrong with a wee throwback to mull over previous disasters. It's nostalgic.

Edited by latapythelegend