The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Martin Rennie post-Clyde on January transfer window plans:

"That's something the club have really had in motion before I got here and that's why they have the kind of set up that they do, with the structure that they do, so they've got players to bring in"

All this stuff about Holt just being the grunt dealing with contracts is obviously absolute bollocks, despite people trying to pretend otherwise. After his last two windows, he's genuinely getting a hand in recruitment again. This club is a shambles. Why do we keep doing this to ourselves?

Sounds like he’s got far more than just a hand in it going by that quote 

The same dope DOF with the same dope scout, signing the shite we’re about to get in January, after signing the shite they signed in the summer, with a guy who’s never managed in Britain before and who was most recently an assistant at a women’s team in USA, with Kenny Miller as assistant...we’re genuinely going down aren’t we?

6 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Martin Rennie post-Clyde on January transfer window plans:

"That's something the club have really had in motion before I got here and that's why they have the kind of set up that they do, with the structure that they do, so they've got players to bring in"

That's worrying. No "we". Already distancing himself. 

Cani wait until we give sign Robbie Muirhead on a 2 and a half year deal in January.

Fucking disgrace that we’re still employing him but leaving him in charge of the January recruitment is mental. We absolutely deserve everything we get.

Already had in motion according to Ronnie, i assume means Mr Holt has already signed players on pre contracts assuming deals done before new board were installed. Now we have Falkirk supporters  as board members would it be possible to relay just a tiny bit of what is happening behind the scenes or are the Rawlins still dictating. The silence is still as deafening as before

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:
Rennie has to at the very least demand full control of recruitment and EVERY aspect of player management at the club. If he doesn't, he's going to fail and end forever his hopes of managing in Scotland. His future career is dependent on being able to live or die by his own decisions, not the sniggering, sneering Holt's. It's not us who should be telling the board to get rid of Holt, it's Rennie. 

The relationship between the two would have formed a big part of Rennie coming on board. Whatever the dynamic is will be set unless Holt gets emptied. We just need to hope between Rennie and the new board, its something that keeps the p***k out the road.

Funnily enough I can see Miller getting sick of the little shit first and sticking one on him before Rennie has him binned.

Problem for Rennie is he is just in the door so probably can’t start making too many demands re the removal of those above him, as that was the terms of the role he took on.
It’s up to those on the board to act but radio silence as ever. At least some sort of explanation might pacify things, but absolutely nothing……

7 minutes ago, Fawkirk Wull said:

Already had in motion according to Ronnie, i assume means Mr Holt has already signed players on pre contracts assuming deals done before new board were installed. Now we have Falkirk supporters  as board members would it be possible to relay just a tiny bit of what is happening behind the scenes or are the Rawlins still dictating. The silence is still as deafening as before

They're fucked.

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Funnily enough I can see Miller getting sick of the little shit first and sticking one on him before Rennie has him binned.

Na, its way more likely that Rennie and Miller, if they have anything about them and manage to turn us around a bit, spend more energy sorting out their next move to a non shit show club, than wasting time on problems we should clealry have dealt with ourselves. 

Thats where we are. Anyone conpetent will have one eye on the door as ling as the perception is that Holt is untouchable. 

Fucking hell man.... Even just typing that....

Guest Ecosse83

Worrying times if Holt gets to spend some more money. 

The problems here are years in the making so I’m not expecting the new board to come in and instantly improve things but by Christ surely getting rid of Holt would be a no brainier! 

There may be reasons financial or contractual for not being able to bin Holt.  As one of you has said accurately already, sniggering, sneering Holt.  I did watch your Q&A with Gary Deans at the helm, and I have to say that it is a long time since I have seen anyone quite as up himself as Holt.  I took a dislike to him within seconds.  

Are the new board saying anything about restructuring the club?   It sounds like that is where they need to start. 

You will not go down.  Both teams today have an eye on the playoffs - you guys getting into one set and us avoiding the other.  

By the way, who was your no22 today?  He really did stand out. 

Guest Caractacus Potts

Can we use some of the BFL money to bring Sibbald back to the club? He’s out of contract in the Summer and doesn’t start too regularly for Livi. 

I’m pretty sure the new board, who are desperate for the support of the fans, will speak to the fans about the direction of the club soon [emoji3061].
Everyone wants to get behind this, give us something to get behind.

Honestly, I know they are just in the door, but I really expected that the new board would be really keen to get the support onside and show that things are changing. The best way to do that is surround the key stakeholders (us) with early communications re all that they are doing as far as reasonable. But it’s been so quiet you can hear a mouse squeak….

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Honestly, I know they are just in the door, but I really expected that the new board would be really keen to get the support onside and show that things are changing. The best way to do that is surround the key stakeholders (us) with early communications re all that they are doing as far as reasonable. But it’s been so quiet you can hear a mouse squeak….

I know it’s very early and I should give them time but if I’m being honest I’m totally fucked off with the new board already.

I know it’s very early and I should give them time but if I’m being honest I’m totally fucked off with the new board already.
Emptying Sheerin and Holt were job 1A and 1B in the eyes of most if not all.

They arent helping themselves by giving the appearance of doubling down on Holts continued presence.