The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Debatable

There’s no debate there - 

David Goodwillie is a rapist whether he ‘bangs in the goals’ or doesn’t.

Its pretty obvious that some things are also very much bigger than football. 

Edited by JagsCG

2 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Pretty much my take on it. 

I can't think of any other decision to improve the team on the park that would be unpopular. Especially why Bairns would happily see every member of the current squad emptied.

13 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

That was just a rumour.

Far as I'm aware it was all about done and dusted till the board knocked it back. As I said that was basically confirmed by deans saying that was the only time the board had gone against the manager 

57 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

sent an email to the club earlier expressing my fears for the club if we sign Goodwillie.  Jamie Swinney replied saying he has forwarded the email to the board.   It will not make any difference but wanted to have my little voice heard.

Can you give me Swinneys email? Sent an email to the club email with no response would like to send it to him too. 

42 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Lithgow's a major no no too. I mean sitting in your car wanking at young mothers pushing their prams going by.  That's seriously fecked up whether he's served his time or not.

That's a fair point - one of the points made in the aftermath of the Sarah Everard case was that flashing was under reported and under prosecuted and that it is a serious crime.  I absolutley agree.

What's worth saying about Lithgow is that he committed these offences when he was a teenager and, as noted, hasn't done anything comparable or even illegal in the slightest since.  It doesn't make what he did any better, it doesn't mitigate it but the fact is, like Martindale, he's had about 15 years of blameless conduct since.

Totally unrelated to the DGW crisis and a much lighter topic, but the club coming up for 150 years is absolutely wild. I’ll never not be amazed by the rich history of so many clubs in the Scottish game, especially the small teams like Falkirk who will be more up against it.  Just constant institutions throughout generations that continue to persist. Scottish football man. 

Here’s hoping we can make it till then 😂

40 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Cheers. I fall under three of those categories and didn’t get it, but I’m sure it will always be posted here or on Facebook anyway. 

Have you ever unsubscribed. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Strangely they sent it to my old email address from my MSN days as a wee guy, but not to my new email address which I used to buy my half season ticket.

Looks like the database needs some surgery

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

No, your post implies that Miller is the one with all the contacts or you would have said Rennie is hopefully using his contacts. 
Merely pointing out Rennie IMO is much more in touch with Scotland than most realise

I said Miller because he’s played with many players who are currently coaching or managing top level clubs. I never implied anything about Rennie. Think you need to chill out. 

Just now, Caractacus Potts said:

I said Miller because he’s played with many players who are currently coaching or managing top level clubs. I never implied anything about Rennie. Think you need to chill out. 

I am very chilled but thanks for your concern 

22 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Have you ever given the club your email address or do you rely on postal? You can contact them and update your details, I done exactly this and receive all the emailed communications now. 

I'm in same boat. 

I emailed the club's ticket manager on 22nd December to make them aware as my TicketHour account is up-to-date with my email address - I also got confirmation to that address when I bought season tickets in the summer.

However, I get absolutely nothing and have checked my own filters and spam which aren't the issue.

I'll be patient as it is likely 1st day back for some club staff to respond.

1 minute ago, hopestreetpuddle said:

It suggests they have limited reach or contacts , if the only player they can come up with is DGW . 

Does it? Is Goodwillie on the radar?