The Falkirk FC Thread

Why take 16 games when easily the best measuring tool is the 10 before and 10 missed and also not at the start of a season where a team is gelling never mind adding on 6 games

Oh I see if you had took 10 games at the start, it would equal only the three defeats, the difference required....

We also were 4th for very brief spots before Loy was injured, I dunno how you can remove that, maybe you lost your glasses

As I have stated, its auntie had baws uncle arguement but fire on

You were 4th for one week, and we had a game in hand at the time. Yes, it was prior to Loy's injury. It wasn't immediately prior to it though. We were in the top four for the whole season barring that one week. We were actually in 3rd until after Xmas when Hibs finally got above us.

I didn't "take 16 games", I merely added in the rest of the season you sought to ignore as it didn't suit your point.

The facts are you were below us for 35 out of 36 weeks and ultimately finished 7 points behind. You got close for a period but ultimately the reason you didn't get 4th was a lot more than just Loy's absence for the last two months.

This whatabootery is really beyond embarrassing now. You're criticising SD for being selective with the stats and then do the very same thing.

What if we'd gelled on day one? What if Beck had scored a hat-trick every week? What if we'd won the lotto? You do understand that QoS & every other team in every other league could say the same.

What if McCracken & MacDonald hadn't effed up at Hampden?

Its gone, move on...

The best measuring tool is of course 36 games, ie the whole season, not a preferred select handful, and over the course of last season's league performance we ended up where we merited. 5th.

We'll soon see where we stand this season, and I for one will be surprised if we're not looking out for QoS results after our own.

I agree, final league tables don't usually lie.

It shows how mediocre we are now as in 50 years that is only the second time QOS have finished ahead of us.

I agree, final league tables don't usually lie.

It shows how mediocre we are now as in 50 years that is only the second time QOS have finished ahead of us.

If we're covering the last 50 years then I'd guess finishing in the top half of the second tier is possibly a little more than 'average' for Falkirk.

High-ish in the First Division is probably bang on par for my time as a Falkirk fan.

We werent good enough last season end of! I see no marked difference in the squad so far to suggest we will be any better this season. We have basically replaced players that have left and filled positions. Houston needs to pull a few rabbits out the hat for us to have a better chance, my fear is that would could still lose one of Sibbs,Vaulks etc on the eve of the season and have no chance of replacing them, thus hindering us further.

You were 4th for one week, and we had a game in hand at the time. Yes, it was prior to Loy's injury. It wasn't immediately prior to it though. We were in the top four for the whole season barring that one week. We were actually in 3rd until after Xmas when Hibs finally got above us.

I didn't "take 16 games", I merely added in the rest of the season you sought to ignore as it didn't suit your point.

The facts are you were below us for 35 out of 36 weeks and ultimately finished 7 points behind. You got close for a period but ultimately the reason you didn't get 4th was a lot more than just Loy's absence for the last two months.

Thanks for debating something I made clear was pointless......

As I said at the end of last season, the league doesnt lie and QOS deserved 4th....tho may have layered it with Scottish cup final up ye.....

Still hoping we can reverse the form table tho of last season

post-256-0-70684000-1438111341_thumb.jpg

We werent good enough last season end of! I see no marked difference in the squad so far to suggest we will be any better this season. We have basically replaced players that have left and filled positions. Houston needs to pull a few rabbits out the hat for us to have a better chance, my fear is that would could still lose one of Sibbs,Vaulks etc on the eve of the season and have no chance of replacing them, thus hindering us further.

He maybe could make a good magician pulling things like rabbit out of hats etc, come to think about it won't be long till he makes fans disappear too... If he doesn't get his finger out and invest in our team. We want to compete at some point in the season surely.

If we're covering the last 50 years then I'd guess finishing in the top half of the second tier is possibly a little more than 'average' for Falkirk.

High-ish in the First Division is probably bang on par for my time as a Falkirk fan.

And in that time QOS have been mainly in leagues below us which is my point. Since the early 90's we have generally been either in the top tier or pushing for promotion. Even when we weren't we at least we're decent to watch. Apart from the year we were saved by Airdrie when may I add the last chairman starved Totten of funds I can't think of a season outside the top league where we were as rubbish to watch since Dave Clarke and Billy Lamont's time.

Since relegation it has been torture. We have got more mediocre season on season. I see nothing in the summer signings to suggest it will get any better either.

We will be in the top 5 I guess. Will we be great to watch? Doubt it. A mixture of manager and poor tools I guess is at the root of it.

He maybe could make a good magician pulling things like rabbit out of hats etc, come to think about it won't be long till he makes fans disappear too... If he doesn't get his finger out and invest in our team. We want to compete at some point in the season surely.

To invest you have to be given the money

To invest you have to be given the money

I am sure Houston has been giving more money than he is spending. He doesn't seem the quiet type that would put up or shut up if funds were not forthcoming.

Remember he kicked up an awful fuss at United re salaries and budgets

I am sure Houston has been giving more money than he is spending. He doesn't seem the quiet type that would put up or shut up if funds were not forthcoming.

Remember he kicked up an awful fuss at United re salaries and budgets

If we had the appropriate funds we would have got Clarkson for example. If you're not going to acknowledge my posts which you've failed to do on a regular basis, at least take the hint from BPM who although may be a 'pantshitter' knows a lot about the way the club is run.

If we had the appropriate funds we would have got Clarkson for example. If you're not going to acknowledge my posts which you've failed to do on a regular basis, at least take the hint from BPM who although may be a 'pantshitter' knows a lot about the way the club is run.

We had agreed wages with Clarkson, he was then offered higher wages and also a chance to play at a higher level.

Simple equation means he joined Motherwell.

And in that time QOS have been mainly in leagues below us which is my point. Since the early 90's we have generally been either in the top tier or pushing for promotion. Even when we weren't we at least we're decent to watch. Apart from the year we were saved by Airdrie when may I add the last chairman starved Totten of funds I can't think of a season outside the top league where we were as rubbish to watch since Dave Clarke and Billy Lamont's time.

Since relegation it has been torture. We have got more mediocre season on season. I see nothing in the summer signings to suggest it will get any better either.

We will be in the top 5 I guess. Will we be great to watch? Doubt it. A mixture of manager and poor tools I guess is at the root of it.

My post was to do with you saying how mediocre we are.

The fact that David Clarkson would appear to be the only option so far that Houston has had in mind to replace Loy accept the waste of taking Heffernan on trial is what really worries me. It's hardly an inspiring signing to start with and we surely need more than one more striker to really give the playoffs a go this season. I can't believe that Houstons been given a smaller budget than last year but I'd expect Rogers to be on a whole lot less than McDonald and McHugh probably aint on more than Loy. I also doubt that Watson will be on a huge wage. If you add to that to the frees then we should surely have enough in the bank for two or three more signings at least. Over to you Houston and for gods sake get your finger out.