The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

A shame re Dowds. He's a shining example of how bad the likes of Holt really were. Couldn't find his arse with both hands never mind a football player.

The way he went on to publicly speak about Dowds was shameful and as much as you kinda hope the new broom might convince Dowds to stay, shelling the kitchen sink to bring in Griffiths probably didn't impress him much either, when Dowds himself could see the lack of a midfield was his problem, and would be for Griffiths too (among other things).

Absolutely do not blame him for leaving and can only hope that anyone we sign from now on is treated with respect and this sort of shit is in the past.

If you don’t mind me asking what did Holt say and had the board treated Dowds badly too?

8 minutes ago, third lanark said:

If you don’t mind me asking what did Holt say and had the board treated Dowds badly too?

Holt and Sheerin were completely dismissive of him, and told him he was 5th choice behind our four star strikers, so he would be best going out on loan as he wasn’t of a calibre to oust any of Keena, Ruth, Ompreon and the other one.

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

We looked mean as hell in those, so I'd be right behind that.

As FFC 1876 says, the 15-16 ones were gorgeous too.

Although my all time favourite strip was the all white number we wore when we came back from a goal down to win the 2015 Scottish Cup 2-1.

The SPALL one in the mid 80's was good with the two tone blue vertical pattern

Guest Brockvillenomore
56 minutes ago, Nearly Sane said:

Pissing money away is signing 28 players who aren't good enough to get the club out of League 1. Adding an U20s to the current youth set up would not cost much and provide a pathway to the first team for young players on relatively low wages. There's actually an economic argument FOR a youth set up.

Seriously. Who are ya? 🫣

You always have to wonder about new posters joining the party with their ‘inside’ (cough) information and a blatant agenda, almost certainly with the truth being a victim of a smash and grab  

Mr Fergus stood up at the AGM and said he didn’t have approval and was seeking it over the coming weeks and months. So much so a certain shareholder volunteered his services to convince the board that the funds would be made available.

Daft thing to say but typical of the man. I know all this because I checked my notes just now to be 100% sure. It was such a bizarre exchange it stuck in my memory.

Stubborn things facts.  

Mr Fergus clearly said he didn’t have approval, yet a week or so later he made the signings. 

On the subject of “mass resignations” this is very interesting. The BoD have made it clear improvements need to be made in how the back office operates and revenues increased. 

The club has been on the decline for ten years, the last 4 or 5 has seen a rapid acceleration of this decline. Losing people, through their choice, who have been within the club during this period is surely a good thing, not anything to be worried about.

Nice as these folk are and how hard they’ve worked for the club I for one feel fresh ideas, contemporary skills and energy is needed. Not the same old same old reheated and rehashed. 

1 hour ago, Nearly Sane said:

Pissing money away is signing 28 players who aren't good enough to get the club out of League 1. Adding an U20s to the current youth set up would not cost much and provide a pathway to the first team for young players on relatively low wages. There's actually an economic argument FOR a youth set up.

There is no economic argument when the u20's won't be anywhere near the ready for the first team and to support the U20's you will need teams below that! Hypothetically, we would still have ploughed through 28 shite players anyway.

Signing at least 18 would be equivalent at least 2 or 3 good full time players first team players.

Good luck to Dowds I hope he does well at Thistle. Can't blame the guy  and tbh he deserves the move. I think he'll do well there under McCall, like Campbell at Arbroath, these guys are excellent man managers and know how to get the best out of players. Watch him tear it up in the championship next season. 

Regarding the sponsorship, I sincerely hope that this will be the last fiasco.

Quite incredible that anyone who can access a computer or smartphone can find that an individual (the Kenny Rogers tribute act) or our current sponsor are anything but reliable, yet our previous boards and those close to the club with their alleged wealth of experience in business seemed to find basic due diligence either too difficult or an inconvenience.

How we haven’t fully collapsed because of the ineptitude of those in charge is astounding.

Seriously. Who are ya? 🫣

You always have to wonder about new posters joining the party with their ‘inside’ (cough) information and a blatant agenda, almost certainly with the truth being a victim of a smash and grab  
Mr Fergus stood up at the AGM and said he didn’t have approval and was seeking it over the coming weeks and months. So much so a certain shareholder volunteered his services to convince the board that the funds would be made available.
Daft thing to say but typical of the man. I know all this because I checked my notes just now to be 100% sure. It was such a bizarre exchange it stuck in my memory.
 Stubborn things facts.  
Mr Fergus clearly said he didn’t have approval, yet a week or so later he made the signings. 
On the subject of “mass resignations” this is very interesting. The BoD have made it clear improvements need to be made in how the back office operates and revenues increased. 
The club has been on the decline for ten years, the last 4 or 5 has seen a rapid acceleration of this decline. Losing people, through their choice, who have been within the club during this period is surely a good thing, not anything to be worried about.
Nice as these folk are and how hard they’ve worked for the club I for one feel fresh ideas, contemporary skills and energy is needed. Not the same old same old reheated and rehashed. 

From my recollection, it was entirely this attitude that got us into the accelerated decline we have been in for the last 6 years or so when we closed the academy, drove out all the old and replaced them with new in the first place…?

And so it continues….

Not a fan then ?

I actually can’t believe anyone in this thread is wishing good luck to this shower of wasters who have been at our club for too long hanging around like a bad smell.
He really didn’t do much to gain the applause he appears to be receiving.
Probably more to do with just how shite a mob we have become, than Dowds actually bring half decent imo….

Cheerio Anton 👋🏻. I don’t wish the guy any harm but I don’t particularly wish him well either. Yea he was treated pretty poorly but has never been great for us and came back from Arbroath like he was some kind of legend. Better have come and gone and his brother/agent is a complete helmet so I certainly won’t be losing any sleep. 

Edited by JulioBairn