The Falkirk FC Thread

There are an awfy lot of folk on the COYB Facebook page who would be absolutely delighted at finishing the season on 36 draws and 36 points as 'draws are better than defeats' and 'still undefeated COYB'. Insane stuff.

I can't take my eyes off that page but it's the worst thing in the world.

Why is it a strange post? Both the last two games have been winnable and we've taken two points out of six. The season before last we missed out on the playoffs by one point. They all add up. We cannot afford to throw points away.

Because unless I'm mistaken draws are better than defeats and you are still unbeaten. You didn't miss out on any playoffs by a point. They have been going for two seasons and you finished 3rd the first year and missed out by about 7 last year.

Because unless I'm mistaken draws are better than defeats and you are still unbeaten. You didn't miss out on any playoffs by a point. They have been going for two seasons and you finished 3rd the first year and missed out by about 7 last year.

My mistake - I meant to write that we missed out on finishing 2nd by a point.

My (main) point still stands, though. Draws add up.

No prize for second in those days.

It did mean we had to play another two games in the space of four days before playing Hamilton though, who got a week-and-a-half's rest before playing us in the playoff semi-final. Edited by Gaz

My mistake - I meant to write that we missed out on finishing 2nd by a point.

My (main) point still stands, though. Draws add up.

We would have been better losing at Alloa and winning last night than two draws.

Looking at the table things are starting to take shape and we're doing ok.

After Friday we know QOS are poor and shouldn't be a threat. The surprise package seems to be Raith who are doing very well and deserve credit.

I would imagine St Mirren will sort it out eventually and come good.

I'm always the optimist so based on the opening period we should be in the top 4 come the end of the season.

Sevco and Hibs will be there so that leaves 2 places for us Raith & Saints to scrap over.

Very confident we'll be there. Then we can expect the unexpected. COYB

Edited by COYB_RAB

Looking at the table things are starting to take shape and we're doing ok.

After Friday we know QOS are poor and shouldn't be a threat. The surprise package seems to be Raith who are doing very well and deserve credit.

I would imagine St Mirren will sort it out eventually and come good.

I'm always the optimist so based on the opening period we should be in the top 4 come the end of the season.

Sevco and Hibs will be there so that leaves 2 places for us Raith & Saints to scrap over.

Very confident we'll be there. Then we can expect the unexpected. COYB

I strongly suspect we won`t be in top 4. Haven`t totally written it off quite yet though. We were dire on Friday night but still got a decent point.

I strongly suspect we won`t be in top 4. Haven`t totally written it off quite yet though. We were dire on Friday night but still got a decent point.

I don't think you were dire in terms of what you set out to achieve. You came for a point and got it. I suspect however if you had opened up and had a go we would have won. Edited by Back Post Misses

I don't think you were dire in terms of what you set out to achieve. You came for a point and got it. I suspect however if you had opened up and had a go we would have won.

I don't agree we came and played for a point. We were just utterly woeful going forward, we didn't sit deep at any point in the game and played with two out and out strikers.

Hibs will finish at least 10 points ahead of us. Stubbs is a moron but there's too many game changers in their team and they'll win games. On the other hand I've never seen a Falkirk team so lacking in creativity. Outwith the top two it looks a rotten league so third isn't out of the question. Zero chance of us running the gauntlet and getting promoted though.

I don't think you were dire in terms of what you set out to achieve. You came for a point and got it. I suspect however if you had opened up and had a go we would have won.

I`m not so sure. Plenty of attack minded players in the team but we couldn`t keep the ball at all. Obviously some credit to Falkirk for that but our passing was woeful throughout and we endlessly lost possession by hitting aimless high balls forward. We did defend pretty well so deserve some credit for that though Falkirk`s lack of creativity and Houston`s substitutions helped with that.

Having seen how we've shaped up against St Mirren, Raith Rovers and Queen of the South, I'd be quietly confident of achieving third.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Raith Rovers take 4th, but the signing of Jon Daly rather than someone decent could cost them over the course of the season.