The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hetherington also been v good middle of the park and good at left back for us too. 

Stevie Hetherington was Alloa’s POTY and outstanding in the Championship too. Only Falkirk it’s not worked out it seems. 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Henderson was an absolute rock for us at centre half anytime he had to play there. 

Hetherington also been v good middle of the park and good at left back for us too. 

I swear something just happens to players when they go to Falkirk, you lot seem cursed 

Henderson was nowhere near as bad as some make out at CH. I want to see him back there. Our defensive issues are as a team rather than just 4 guys at the back 

Maybe a bit of a difference for Hetherington playing in a team which is more defensive-minded, has less of the ball and has to dig in, compared to playing for Falkirk in League One when, for a significant number of of games at least, you’re going to have more possession and be on the front foot?

Henderson had an absolute shocker against Clyde in the 3 each game when Jordan Allen bullied him senseless. His main issue is despite being a big lad he isn't physical enough for me which sees him getting outmuscled by smaller opponents.

Hetherington suits playing for sides trying to stay in a league compared with sides trying to win one it's as simple as that.

2 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Maybe a bit of a difference for Hetherington playing in a team which is more defensive-minded, has less of the ball and has to dig in, compared to playing for Falkirk in League One when, for a significant number of of games at least, you’re going to have more possession and be on the front foot?

Exactly. Big difference when your fighting to stay in a league than actually trying to win one.

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Exactly. Big difference when your fighting to stay in a league than actually trying to win one.

You still need someone in middle of park to tidy up and do the dirty work though. Chris Hamilton last year was absolutely unbelievable for us doing that. I just think it’s not worked out at Falkirk and that’s fine, maybe there was too much pressure on him there. Seems like it’s a very pressured environment with you desperately trying to get back up.

Really enjoyed watching you in the LC against Hibs at start of season but seems like your arses collapsed a bit towards the business end of the season and spectacularly in the play offs. 

9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

His main issue is despite being a big lad he isn't physical enough for me which sees him getting outmuscled by smaller opponents.

Spot on just like the other ten, apart from Mackie who isn’t afraid to get stuck in, never seen so many players that be more suited to the ballet. 

I get the argument about players not being able to handle the pressure of playing for us in League One, but it’s not unique to us. Dunfermline will have had exactly the same pressure, they just signed a team that could handle it and went about their business ruthlessly. We’ve got too many shitebags who can’t cope, hence the necessary rebuild.

11 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Mackie is an absolute psychopath sometimes

psychopath who got beat to a header by a 5 foot 5 winger at East End to secure the title in March 🥰