The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Honetly happy whoever wins the final here. If you win then our biggest bogey team is away. But if you lose it will be so deserved

have no fear, we shall adopt a new bogey team.

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Some how I am managing to watch the play off game on iplayer in Lanzarote I thought it would be blocked.

From experience I've seen Vodaphone provide mobile networking in the Spanish Islands and hand out UK IP addresses.

52 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

have no fear, we shall adopt a new bogey team.

I'd suggest Montrose for no other reason than that they are the epitome of a meat and potatoes League one outfit and that would rankle the billy big baws element of your fan base more.

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

I'd suggest Montrose for no other reason than that they are the epitome of a meat and potatoes League one outfit and that would rankle the billy big baws element of your fan base more.

We’ve already had our Montrose bogey era. Only 8 points out of a possible 21 against them over the two seasons before this one.

We got 8/12 this year and didn’t lose to them. 

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Was wanting Airdrie to win for no reason other than to get it up that wee "C Smith" guy Accies have, that kept on getting fouls awarded to him for either nothing or a dive. p***k.

He is the brother of the Goalscorer in that game Callum Smith 

With the signing of Agyeman and Ola's extension then McGlynn is definitely staying.

We'll then pay him 2 month's salary during the close season when he'll do next to sod all good for the club. We'll then pay him another 2 month's salary for August and September when again, he'll do next to sod all for the club. We'll have to sack him in October because we'll still be shit, playing sideways football and one up top. We'll then have to recruit a new manager who'll be working with somebody else's squad (heard that excuse before?) and we'll be in League 1 for another few seasons.

The board need to bite the bullet and get rid of him now. The new manager can then have all close season to sign the players that he wants.

29 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Hamilton were muck second half. Didn’t see the first so can’t comment. They literally have no end product and hadn’t score in weeks until Saturday after Alloa went 3-0 up and down to 10 men. A professional performance from Airdrie should see them over the line. 

It should also be noted that Alloa had a cobbled together defence and I think Andy Stirling finished the game playing centre half due to other injuries during the game and the red card. I think that's a good indication of why they managed to score the goals because looking at them tonight they have absolutely nothing up front it's no wonder they found themselves at the foot of the championship. They will at some point have to open up a bit in the second leg if they are trailing and I think Airdrie will pick them off. 

4 minutes ago, MulsonFFC said:

Please, for the love of f**k, will folk stop going on about one up front...... Looking like two teams getting promoted out this league both playing with one up front so why's it not good enough for us?

It is good enough if you have the right player. Alegria was doing an ok job of it. He never got replaced.

17 minutes ago, MulsonFFC said:

Please, for the love of f**k, will folk stop going on about one up front...... Looking like two teams getting promoted out this league both playing with one up front so why's it not good enough for us?

Because it’s not as simple as that. Neither Dunfermline or Airdrie play rigid “one up front”. Just look at who scored the goals against us. McGlynn’s 4-2-3-1 is meat and drink to a disciplined 4-3-3 that then modifies to Something different when they have the ball back…..usually 3-2-2-3. It’s been going on for a couple of years now, but McGlynn is sticking with the only thing he knows. He isn’t going to change.

You could see he has similarities to Sheerin in that respect. His dig at the support “you wanted two strikers so we gave you two strikers so then you moan that the shape is wrong. Shape has nothing to do with it” was him saying “I know best” when clearly, the penny hasn’t dropped that younger coaches have moved on, and he is left with his outdated system, and in fact, he doesn’t know best….not by a long chalk.

His only real chance of winning the league is if he is given funds to blow everyone else out of the water.

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

His only real chance of winning the league is if he is given funds to blow everyone else out of the water.

You could argue that the funding he gets, should be sufficient in putting together a first eleven capable of winning this league. One further failed season, and it’s phase two………………..

7 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

It should also be noted that Alloa had a cobbled together defence and I think Andy Stirling finished the game playing centre half due to other injuries during the game and the red card. I think that's a good indication of why they managed to score the goals because looking at them tonight they have absolutely nothing up front it's no wonder they found themselves at the foot of the championship. They will at some point have to open up a bit in the second leg if they are trailing and I think Airdrie will pick them off. 

Hamilton actually reminded me a wee bit of us, a lot of the ball but sod all going on up front. The only difference being their defence wasn’t nearly as bad and they have a bit of grit and strength about them and we had neither.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

8 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

With the signing of Agyeman and Ola's extension then McGlynn is definitely staying.

We'll then pay him 2 month's salary during the close season when he'll do next to sod all good for the club. We'll then pay him another 2 month's salary for August and September when again, he'll do next to sod all for the club. We'll have to sack him in October because we'll still be shit, playing sideways football and one up top. We'll then have to recruit a new manager who'll be working with somebody else's squad (heard that excuse before?) and we'll be in League 1 for another few seasons.

The board need to bite the bullet and get rid of him now. The new manager can then have all close season to sign the players that he wants.

Unbelievable amount of slaver

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

You could argue that the funding he gets, should be sufficient in putting together a first eleven capable of winning this league. One further failed season, and it’s phase two………………..

Your manager had the chance last pre season to gather up a squad capable of winning the league.

James McPake had to do something with a squad which were nothing short of dug meat the way DA got relegated.

Only one significant signing was Kyle Benedictus, a few on loan signings and bang, created a team that won the league at a canter. 

There's the difference. McGlynn is not your answer for next season. Who'd replace him? Would Robbie Neilson be interested?

I would've rather have had Falkirk playing with us next season instead of Airdrie or Hamilton. We'd have had potentially 2 big Derby games to look forward to.

As much as I enjoy the rivalry between our 2 clubs, it's a pity you guys got gubbed in the play off.

30 minutes ago, Yankee_Dollar said:

Your manager had the chance last pre season to gather up a squad capable of winning the league.

James McPake had to do something with a squad which were nothing short of dug meat the way DA got relegated.

Only one significant signing was Kyle Benedictus, a few on loan signings and bang, created a team that won the league at a canter. 

There's the difference. McGlynn is not your answer for next season. Who'd replace him? Would Robbie Neilson be interested?

I would've rather have had Falkirk playing with us next season instead of Airdrie or Hamilton. We'd have had potentially 2 big Derby games to look forward to.

As much as I enjoy the rivalry between our 2 clubs, it's a pity you guys got gubbed in the play off.

Have you completely missed the fact he did as much of an overhaul as possible, but huge amounts of guff clogged us up until they could be heaved in January.