The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, Springfield said:

First hospitality today courtesy of a neighbour who’s a daft Jag fan, looking forward to see how McGlynn sets the team, and ultimately how we perform against a really good PT team. I’m told that PT might field a few really young prospects. 

Was at their game on Tuesday. Stanway, Mackenzie and Williamson played really well but the best being Zander MacKenzie. He’s a solid unit for a young lad and full of energy playing full back. 

11 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Can't believe those gonks won't accept cash tomorrow.

Day out in Glasgow will now be spent at Banksy instead.

Keep seeing things on Facebook asking people to pay cash in shops as it costs them a fortune in card payments and yet football teams who are always desperate for money refuse to give you that option.   

42 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Was at their game on Tuesday. Stanway, Mackenzie and Williamson played really well but the best being Zander MacKenzie. He’s a solid unit for a young lad and full of energy playing full back. 

What makes it even more impressive is the fact he's only filling in there because Jack McMillan's injured.

Worried about their energy in the middle of the park today as Williamson could run over the top of us and Fitzpatrick vs Yeats isn't one I reckon we'll come out on top of.

46 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

They are a decent outfit despite losing a number of their better players this summer.  Will be a very tough afternoon. As has been mentioned firhill has never been a great hunting ground. 

19 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Keep seeing things on Facebook asking people to pay cash in shops as it costs them a fortune in card payments and yet football teams who are always desperate for money refuse to give you that option.   

It's a grim and worrying trend. I'm just back from Norway where nearly everything is card now.

People need to use cash or lose the option and that will be a very bad thing.

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Third is, McGinn and Spencer not starting together - I don’t think it works.

This is it for me, I don't know if nesbitt or Henderson are the answer in that midfield slot next to Spencer but that's the only options we have at the moment. 

This might be a hot take, but I'd like to see Agyeman on the right and Miller on the left. Don't think it would be harsh in dropping Morrison to see how they two get on. 

3 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Agreed, it's like ordering kerr and taiwo off wish. 

Will be amazed if we don’t start with Mcginn and spencer both playing the same role today. Agreed neither cover the yards to make it work as a duo though 

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Gladly take a win but can't see us getting anything from this game - realism not negativity btw!

Hoping for a close game but expect us to concede.

I must remember to us these words every time I post in future.

7 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Will be amazed if we don’t start with Mcginn and spencer both playing the same role today. Agreed neither cover the yards to make it work as a duo though 

Surely if 90% of the fans can see it already McGlynn will surely see it to and try something else.

We can’t afford to go into the league campaign with that paring.

24 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Bit harsh mcginn has been a quality player throughout his career and played at a higher level than kerr. 

Well obviously I mean in the current context and being a league below where we had the former pairing, not as indivual players. 

3 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Gladly take a win but can't see us getting anything from this game - realism not negativity btw!

Hoping for a close game but expect us to concede.

Same. I think Partick will be too strong for us. Might be an interesting tussle between Lang and Graham but I still expect him to get his obligatory goal or two. 

Edited by ebobsboy