The Falkirk FC Thread

Donaldson will start as we have no better options at the minute, I still think he is one of the best centre halfs in the league(and potentially league above) when he’s on form, feels to me like he just needs an arm around him and a bit of encouragement.

Oliver isn’t anywhere near as bad as people on here seem to think he is. He’s the best player I’ve seen over the piece in the link up role, albeit he isn’t going to get us 20 goals a season, but that isn’t his role.Β 
Β 

I completely get its a game of opinions but I feel like we’ve got improvement all over the park, I would even argue that Yeats is the best right back I’ve seen in a fair few years, even with it not being his natural position.

Just now, FFC1982 said:

Donaldson will start as we have no better options at the minute, I still think he is one of the best centre halfs in the league(and potentially league above) when he’s on form, feels to me like he just needs an arm around him and a bit of encouragement.

Oliver isn’t anywhere near as bad as people on here seem to think he is. He’s the best player I’ve seen over the piece in the link up role, albeit he isn’t going to get us 20 goals a season, but that isn’t his role.Β 
Β 

I completely get its a game of opinions but I feel like we’ve got improvement all over the park, I would even argue that Yeats is the best right back I’ve seen in a fair few years, even with it not being his natural position.

Oliver's a squad player and that's it for me.Β  Yesterday he wasn't at the races and miller looked far more lively when he replaced him. More pace and more of a goal threat.Β  Lang needs to give Donaldson a good kick up the arse now and again but that isn't easy when Donaldson appears to be the captain whenΒ  mcginn isn't playing. I'd have lang as captain way before Donaldson.

35 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'd have thought the ultras should be the ones coming up with the songs to be played.Β  Club and players have more important things to concentrate on. Wee bit of initiative and ingenuity and they should be able to come up with songs linked to every outfield player.

Carnival de Paris, ending with the players name?

1 minute ago, kiddy said:

Carnival de Paris, ending with the players name?

That song always brings back hellish memories of standing in the ground at st Etienne having watched Scotland get pumped by morocco with that blaring out.

10 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

It's no a cop out.Β  It's far better if the songs are linked to the players in a way than just someone's favourite track.Β  Gary Oliver for instance . Should be possible to get the we buy any car tune from somewhere to play when he scores.Β  Β That to me is a far better way of doing it.

Harry, if Gary Oliver scores and Oliver’s Army from Elvis Costello isn’t blaring over the tannoy, 1, I’ll be raging and 2, the Ultras should be ashamed of themselves πŸ˜‚.

On the programme chat, I always buy a programme if I attend a game, and in the 40 odd years going to Falkirk I'd say I could count on one hand the games I haven't been able to get one. On Tuesday night against Dundee United it was one of those games, I went into the shop to see if I could get one there, I was told there was a problem with the printers and there were no programmes being sold. Hopefully its a one off. I understand programmes are likely to be phased out as they move more and more online but I still like to read one pre game and collect them.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Harry, if Gary Oliver scores and Oliver’s Army from Elvis Costello isn’t blaring over the tannoy, 1, I’ll be raging and 2, the Ultras should be ashamed of themselves πŸ˜‚.

Great shout. See it isn't that difficult ultras.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tom Lang - Shang-A-Lang?

On the subject of the Young Team & their drummer. Did none of them ever get music at school?πŸ€”

As they haven't got a clue what timing, rhythm or beats to the Bar are.🎼

Maybe they need somebody with a loudhailer shouting "Tah-Teh, Tah-Teh. Taffa-Tiffy, Taffa-Tiffy, Tah-Teh Tah!" at them? 🀭

& if they're not paying attention, firing an auld blackboard duster in their direction usually gets them to take notice!πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Given Agyeman's unpredictability,

"Oh come on!
Everybody knows that No means Yes
Just like glasses come free on the N.H.S.
But the more I look through them the more I see
I'm becoming more like Alfie"

It is after all a 'Divine Comedy' we're watching week after week?

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

11 minutes ago, kiddy said:

On the subject of the Young Team & their drummer. Did none of them ever get music at school?πŸ€”

As they haven't got a clue what timing, rhythm or beats to the Bar are.🎼

Maybe they need somebody with a loudhailer shouting "Tah-Teh, Tah-Teh. Taffa-Tiffy, Taffa-Tiffy, Tah-Teh Tah!" at them? 🀭

& if they're not paying attention, firing an auld blackboard duster in their direction usually gets them to take notice!πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

kiddy in the middle of section E against AnnanΒ 
https://youtu.be/1w-2zwS67jI